Sponsored

Is FX4 4k now considered worth it with Forscan?

nick112288

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did some searching but everything seemed to be pre early 2022 when people said FX4 wasn't worth it because they lost Sport and Eco.

Can't really seem to find any posts after it was figured out in Forscan how to unlock every mode.

So on the XLT 4k is FX4 now worth it? I'm mainly looking at the bigger screen. Other added features are nice but I could live without them as well.

Was it ever figured out if the upgraded cooling that both 4k and FX4 list are the same thing? I know 4k adds a trans cooler that FX4 doesn't have.
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Worth it to me without. I want the skid plates would do it for those alone.

Deleted member 6544

I got the FX4 package basically because I loved the wheels. And it came with the bigger screen and the tow hooks break up the front lower fascia. Can't go wrong with the heavy duty radiator either. I actually took off the FX4 decals. To your point the FORScan can be used to unlock the eco and sport drive modes. Love it

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
It basically boils down to the FX4 package being more of an appearance package(bigger screen, rims, tow hooks, badging, ect) and the 4K tow package being more utilitarian(better gearing, trans cooler, higher capacity radiator, brake controller, hitch with 7 and 4 pin connector, ect).

You can add the drive modes from the FX4 like sand/mud/ruts and skid plates to the 4K package but it would be A LOT harder to add all the additional stuff the 4K tow package comes with to a basic FX4 package.

Cward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
It basically boils down to the FX4 package being more of an appearance package(bigger screen, rims, tow hooks, badging, ect) and the 4K tow package being more utilitarian(better gearing, trans cooler, higher capacity radiator, brake controller, hitch with 7 and 4 pin connector, ect).

You can add the drive modes from the FX4 like sand/mud/ruts and skid plates to the 4K package but it would be A LOT harder to add all the additional stuff the 4K tow package comes with to a basic FX4 package.
FX4 also comes with
Skid Plates
Heavy Duty Radiator (may be the same as 4K)
Heavy Duty Engine Cooling Fan
OffRoad drive modes
Hill Descent Mode
The rest is cosmetic.

You’re not going to add all of that by yourself for under $800.

Sponsored

OP
OP

nick112288

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FX4 also comes with
Skid Plates
Heavy Duty Radiator (may be the same as 4K)
OffRoad drive modes
Hill Descent Mode
The rest is cosmetic.

I know it comes with all that extra. Some may be redundant with the 4k, some I may not care about at all.

I was just curious because it seemed despite coming with all that, people were avoiding ordering it because they lost Sport and Eco, which can now be added back.

Was FX4 ever a constraint?

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know it comes with all that extra. Some may be redundant with the 4k, some I may not care about at all.

I was just curious because it seemed despite coming with all that, people were avoiding ordering it because they lost Sport and Eco, which can now be added back.

Fx4 no lux and tow package

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Wasn’t for me for my truck (got it back in December, ordered 8/31), but I haven’t browsed the ordering forum that much after I had received my truck so I have no way to confirm that’s the same for everyone, definitely would search to verify.

The only thing I dropped from my build was a spray in bedliner but mine was also an XLT with co-pilot 360 and not much else.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah if there was no screen and no modes of any kind it would be worth it to me. Gearing, coolers, shocks, skid plates, hitch, tires, less ugly wheels, sticker. Totally worth it.

Gearing $350 in parts
Coolers/bigger radiator plumbing $250
Better shocks $15/corner $60
Skidplates steel/alumnimum hardware $150
Hitch + wiring $225
Less ugly wheels $200 over standard
Sticker $12.50

$1247.50 That excludes installation, fabrication, etc.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To me FX4 is a good get. 4k tow is a good get. But 4k tow and FX4 have enough similarities that together they are less stellar. Personally I'm just getting FX4. I don't to big tow often enough for a trailer brake. And the FX4 has a hitch and the radiator upgrade. All that's really missing is the trailer brake controller. A uhaul trailer has those brakes built in. And you can add a brake controller easy enough. I'd get the FX4 if you don't plan to tow big often and have more flexibility. To me FX4 is a no brainer add.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
FX4 also comes with
Skid PlateHeavy Duty Radiator (may be the same as 4K)
OffRoad drive modes
Hill Descent Mode
The rest is cosmetic.

Did you even read my post or just respond..........:rolleyes:

Cward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Did you even read my post or just respond..........:rolleyes:
I did, you very clearly said it was more of an appearance package.
My post would be a rebuttal that what you posted was not accurate.
Was you trying to say something else? I’ve read it about four times now and am not seeing what you’re getting at.
You never mentioned the mechanical upgrades that came with FX4, you only mentioned they would be difficult to add from the 4K.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Test drove an XLT with 4k , No FX4 - Then Lariat with FX4/4K/Lux- Not apples to apples but it was such a better feeling on the road with the FX4 equipped Lariat, railroad tracks for instance.. Wasnt so jarring / etc. FX4 all the way

tonyfall1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did some searching but everything seemed to be pre early 2022 when people said FX4 wasn't worth it because they lost Sport and Eco.

Can't really seem to find any posts after it was figured out in Forscan how to unlock every mode.

So on the XLT 4k is FX4 now worth it? I'm mainly looking at the bigger screen. Other added features are nice but I could live without them as well.

Was it ever figured out if the upgraded cooling that both 4k and FX4 list are the same thing? I know 4k adds a trans cooler that FX4 doesn't have.
They market the FX4 package for off road and the 4K for towing, so it depends on how you plan on using the truck.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For the parts included in the package yes it is worth it money wise. For added performance beyond the base configuration for off roading probably not. There is nothing in this package as it is offered that will take you anywhere further than you could go without including the drive modes if you already have some experience do so.

If they offered an electric locking rear differential like they originally spec'd for FX4 package back last year before they started building trucks then I'd say yes the FX4 would be worth it also from a performance standpoint.
Sponsored