First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for this. I was just about to start a new post with that question. On Tim's Mav video he said if you were going EB you should get AWD anyway (now required on Lariat EB but not XLT) because of the superior ride. I was going to ask what made the AWD ride superior. So there is a noticeable difference with the IRS?
I have never driven a Mav so cannot speak first hand, however, in my world if Tim Bartz says so it is so. Simple as that. He knows what he is talking about and I am hanging my hat on it. Generally speaking IRS is always better than some sort of a straight rear axle live or not. Hope this helps.
Sponsored

Ozuye10

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick, 22 4Runner, 16 Mazda6, 12 Camry, 04 R
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was going to go hybrid until I was talking to a friend of mine who brought up a great point: you will regret not being able to tow 4,000 pounds more than you will regret the lower gas mileage... especially since you work from home.

Fair point. 4K tow needs EcoBoost.
I have never towed anything with any of my trucks. I use the crap out of the beds though. I went with hybrid because EB is pointless for me. I am getting a tremor as well but that’s for having fun 😁

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think ford is GUESSING there will be more orders for the XLT compared to the XL.
No.. They appear to want to sell the higher priced package...it appears like a self induced constraint ..seems like a payola game to get a Maverick..feels like false advertising.

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had XL Hybrid for 22, but switched to XL Ecoboost for 23. I figured I dont drive enough to really benefit all that much from hybrid and adding copilot is another constraint.

Plus the additional cost last year for ecoboost pushed me towards hybrid.

Sponsored

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the problems with hybrid issues, recalls. Constraints they should do themselves and customer a favor, drop hybrid until they get their act together...false hope to the economy minded is no hope!
Where is the next new Ralph Nader when he is needed.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the problems with hybrid issues, recalls. Constraints they should do themselves and customer a favor, drop hybrid until they get their act together...
If you check the NHSTA you will find there are more problems with the ECO boost than with the hybrid. No recalls at all specifically for hybrid drivetrain. Except for the engine fire which affects the 2.5l engine, not specifically the hybrid.

The hybrid drive train is solid, reliable and been in use for over 15 years.

The only specific hybrid issue is the failing wiring harness, which is definitely an issue but is also an easy fix either DIY or under warranty.

dlorton0844

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chrysler Town & Country
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The poll results are pretty daunting, pretty much the exact opposite of Ford’s planned production ratio. Methinks this won’t end well for us hybrid folks…
Unless most retail orders are hybrid and all stock are EB?

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you check the NHSTA you will find there are more problems with the ECO boost than with the hybrid. No recalls at all specifically for hybrid drivetrain. Except for the engine fire which affects the 2.5l engine, not specifically the hybrid.

The only specific hybrid issue is the failing wiring harness, which is definitely an issue but is also an easy fix either DIY or under warranty.
Issues. Will turn into recalls ...owners complain first to get repairs and are slow and reluctant to report to NHSTA....BUT THEY WILL. I do not wish for this, but with the pressure on supplies...QC fequency or neglect or widening tolerances will be an overlook.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

You say the drive train is

The hybrid drive train is solid, reliable and been in use for over 15 years

On what? The escape uses the same hybrid I think??
I was watching the thread on Hybrid shuddering it sounds like a real issue.

Sponsored

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was going to go hybrid until I was talking to a friend of mine who brought up a great point: you will regret not being able to tow 4,000 pounds more than you will regret the lower gas mileage... especially since you work from home.

Fair point. 4K tow needs EcoBoost.
If I drove 10K miles a year I would be getting a full size most likely. However i drive about 22K miles a year and have never towed anything so the hybrid is a good fit for me

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Pikey87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So for the measly 15% XL distribution, only 35% of them will be hybrids?
Sponsored