Sponsored

What if change an unscheduled 2022 Ecoboost order to 2023 Hybrid?

angrybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
I am posting this here to hopefully get a more official answer from @fordvideoguy or @Ford Motor Company about what would happen if I or anyone else has an unscheduled Ecoboost order pushed to 2023 then changed it to a hybrid?

Personally, I don’t mind giving up any special offers or accepting new pricing. I really don’t want to lose my original order date and be at the end of the line.

I know, typically, when an order changes body code or trim level the order date is changed to that day. Would that be the same if an order is unscheduled for a model year? It might be wishful thinking, but hoping Ford allows us to do something since we have been waiting. Even if switching the order meant the order date is Aug 2, that would still be ahead of any new 2023 orders.

I haven’t decided to switch my Ecoboost order to hybrid but knowing exactly what would happen after the order is unscheduled for 2022 model year would help me and probably others make a decision.

Edit: I assume the question/answer also applies to changing trim level.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
I am posting this here to hopefully get a more official answer from @fordvideoguy or @Ford Motor Company about what would happen if I or anyone else has an unscheduled Ecoboost order pushed to 2023 then changed it to a hybrid?

Personally, I don’t mind giving up any special offers or accepting new pricing. I really don’t want to lose my original order date and be at the end of the line.

I know, typically, when an order changes body code or trim level the order date is changed to that day. Would that be the same if an order is unscheduled for a model year? It might be wishful thinking, but hoping Ford allows us to do something since we have been waiting. Even if switching the order meant the order date is Aug 2, that would still be ahead of any new 2023 orders.

I haven’t decided to switch my Ecoboost order to hybrid but knowing exactly what would happen after the order is unscheduled would help me and probably others make a decision.
That is a great question, hopefully we will confirmation of this soon. Maybe @Ford Motor Company can confirm. I'll reach out to Brand Manager.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My perspective on the current state of affairs. I have no concrete insider or outsider information to substantiate my post.

Changing motors or trims on Broncos meant a customer would pay the new (higher) prices. raptor and Everglades orders paid the new (higher) price as well.

I expect the private offer will be the difference in base prices of the trim level a customer originally ordered. For the record, the Maverick did have a mid year price increase and the average increase of all makes was 5.4%.

July 8th gives dealers 25 days to submit edited MY22 orders before the retail and stock orders are calculated by a Ford's scheduling algorithm.

From Aug 2-14 (the MY22 to MY23 transition window) dealers will submit unscheduled MY22's with their original order dates. All orders submitted after 12:00am on Aug 15th will be considered new MY23 orders.

OP
OP

angrybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
I watched @fordvideoguy live this evening which had a lot of great information. From that, 2022 orders will not be rolled over into 2023. Anyone with a 2022 order that does not get built will need to create a new 2023 order. Since that will be a new order, can do whatever you want with it. It does sound like Ford will prioritize 2023 customer orders that did not get a scheduled build in 2022. Of course, should get the special private offer to apply to the new order. One thing to note, it does appear like incentives will be lost, i.e. no 0% financing. If true, that could upset customers. If @Ford Motor Company is listening, make sure that private offer takes into consideration pricing increases and lost incentives!

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
My perspective on the current state of affairs. I have no concrete insider or outsider information to substantiate my post.

Changing motors or trims on Broncos meant a customer would pay the new (higher) prices. raptor and Everglades orders paid the new (higher) price as well.

I expect the private offer will be the difference in base prices of the trim level a customer originally ordered. For the record, the Maverick did have a mid year price increase and the average increase of all makes was 5.4%.

July 8th gives dealers 25 days to submit edited MY22 orders before the retail and stock orders are calculated by a Ford's scheduling algorithm.

From Aug 2-14 (the MY22 to MY23 transition window) dealers will submit unscheduled MY22's with their original order dates. All orders submitted after 12:00am on Aug 15th will be considered new MY23 orders.
I have new information from today. An updated video that I cut from tonight's Facebook Live is scheduled out for 10am CT Friday morning as a Premiere so I can answer questions during it.

OP
OP

angrybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
I have new information from today. An updated video that I cut from tonight's Facebook Live is scheduled out for 10am CT Friday morning as a Premiere so I can answer questions during it.
Thanks for all the work you do, Tim!
Sponsored