First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was going to go hybrid until I was talking to a friend of mine who brought up a great point: you will regret not being able to tow 4,000 pounds more than you will regret the lower gas mileage... especially since you work from home.

Fair point. 4K tow needs EcoBoost.
Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
EB so I can have the AWD

Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Something concrete would give me the warm and fuzzies for going EB and not hybrid. Original plan was to offset the payment with outstanding gas mileage (not that the EBs is by any means bad) and go hybrid until I started seeing several posts about them dying on the roads. With a newborn the risk wasn’t worth it

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
EB so I can get FX4 wheels.....and AWD.
YES!!! Those wheels. How could I forget that??? Don't forget Independent rear suspension for that butter smooth ride. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
YES!!! Those wheels. How could I forget that??? Don't forget Independent rear suspension for that butter smooth ride. :ROFLMAO:
At my age IRS is huge, but at my age, I keep forgetting about that!

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My questions would be:
1) how many total orders will be filled?
2) how many will be 22’s being converted to 23’s?
3) how many actual 23 will be built?

there are all those percentages but no numbers I have seen as to how many total units are expected to be built…

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, all this is not lost on the other automakers that build trucks. They were caught flatfooted in regard to the compact truck segment but they are gonna go great guns to get a piece of their pie.
Speaking of which I just read an article saying Dodge was "aggressively" working towards a competitor.

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Speaking of which I just read an article saying Dodge was "aggressively" working towards a competitor.
I'd love to see the article!
I don't think that the Maverick, Hybrid or EB, will be matched any time soon. I hope I am wrong!

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Engine
Undecided
Don't forget Independent rear suspension for that butter smooth ride. :ROFLMAO:
Thank you for this. I was just about to start a new post with that question. On Tim's Mav video he said if you were going EB you should get AWD anyway (now required on Lariat EB but not XLT) because of the superior ride. I was going to ask what made the AWD ride superior. So there is a noticeable difference with the IRS?

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Frankly, I can't comprehend how the XL is constrained at 15 percent. Common sense says it takes less resources to build than an XLT or Lariat. So Ford is trying to upsell to higher profit vehicles, I get it. But I doubt anyone just wanting cheap basic transportation is going to spend another 5 or ten thousand dollars. Just sell what people want Ford.
I think ford is GUESSING there will be more orders for the XLT compared to the XL.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for this. I was just about to start a new post with that question. On Tim's Mav video he said if you were going EB you should get AWD anyway (now required on Lariat EB but not XLT) because of the superior ride. I was going to ask what made the AWD ride superior. So there is a noticeable difference with the IRS?
Independent rear suspension on the AWD.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Frankly, I can't comprehend how the XL is constrained at 15 percent. Common sense says it takes less resources to build than an XLT or Lariat. So Ford is trying to upsell to higher profit vehicles, I get it. But I doubt anyone just wanting cheap basic transportation is going to spend another 5 or ten thousand dollars. Just sell what people want Ford.
Because XL is low or no profit margin, if not a loss leader, to draw interest in the brand and push you toward paying a couple thousand more to XLT, the profitable volume seller. They don't want to sell XL's and they don't want you to want to buy one. They want to sell XLT's en masse and as many Lariats as everyone will buy.

At least they're not copying Tesla in advertising a $35,000 base model Model 3 then making it difficult if not impossible to actually buy it, and killing it off soon after. They're anticipating 15% of production at best breaking even.

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Because XL is low or no profit margin, if not a loss leader, to draw interest in the brand and push you toward paying a couple thousand more to XLT, the profitable volume seller. They don't want to sell XL's and they don't want you to want to buy one. They want to sell XLT's en masse and as many Lariats as everyone will buy.

At least they're not copying Tesla in advertising a $35,000 base model Model 3 then making it difficult if not impossible to actually buy it, and killing it off soon after. They're anticipating 15% of production at best breaking even.
Post deleted!
My apologies @jsus! That didn't even make any sense.
Sponsored

Last edited: