Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I realize this board probably doesn’t fully represent the Maverick-buying population as a whole, but I am a bit surprised at the poll results and how skewed they are in favor of the Hybrid configuration.
In my case, I wanted a versatile hybrid and didn't want to spend 35k+ for a rav4 or crv
Well that low price sucked us in and now price not so low,2200 bucks is big increase for just xl,and then the way they made the packages to make you spend more money.
I wonder how many orders wouldn’t have happened if prices were released before the orders opened? I sold my 2021 Sonata I had in July expecting order banks to open Aug 1st.If I would have known prices were gonna go up 2200 bucks I most likely would have kept my car,but now I’m stuck.
It’s the entire industry that is dealing with price increases though. Honda civic starts at $22.5k for 2022.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

3:1 ratio of hybrids:ecoboost in the poll...yet Ford is doing a 1:2 ratio for hybrids:ecoboost.

Olikestrains

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
See I would have gotten a hybrid if it was AWD but I can’t live without that for what I do. After seeing everyone’s orders tho I think I might actually have a good shot. Lariat with no constraints except 4K

Sponsored

Krazyrabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage
I ordered a hybrid and don't think I'm in trouble.
If it doesn't get built I'll just keep my 2020 Escape hybrid Titanium 😉
And I'm planning on ordering a '23 Escape hybrid as back up for the hybrid Maverick already on order that I probably won't get, lol!

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford's not in trouble, all the people who ordered hybrids are.

Not really, if they build it they built it. If they don't they don't! Knowing the situation with these vehicles one should not absolutely depend on this truck being built and delivered. In this case it maybe end up being a lost sell for Ford because eventually folks are going to go elsewhere.

OP
OP
Bad Actor

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can I switch my order from hybrid to eco
Edit - Tim just said on his livestream that going from Hybrid to ECO shouldn't be a problem, but you won't be able go from ECO to hybrid.

Last edited:

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid or bust for me. I got my order in early on day one so I feel pretty good about getting one at some point next year.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
3:1 ratio of hybrids:ecoboost in the poll...yet Ford is doing a 1:2 ratio for hybrids:ecoboost.
Since Ford hasn't turned off the spigot yet, it sounds like they haven't hit their limits on the hybrid. But I have a feeling most dealer stock will be limited to EB.

Sponsored

odin0425

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went hybrid, right now i drive an 08 F150, 6 inch lift. I get a whopping 7mpg (rounded up) as long as gas stayes above $4 per gallon, I have calculated that the maverick will pay for itself in about 50,000 miles in fuel savings. (MSRP of my build was just over 24K).

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am lucky enough to have a 22 hybrid that should be built and delivered in October. I gave up packages to try and get it built so I ordered a 23 with all the goodies I wanted. It is a hybrid as well.

If I hadn't gotten my 22 scheduled I probably would have gone Eco-boost to ensure I would get one. But with the 22 coming I'm willing to wait and even if I roll over to a 24 I'm OK.

Brilock

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Ridgeline, 2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered 2 hybrids, 1 for personal use and 1 for my business, then my salesman said I could order a Tremor so I guess I have 1 eco boost ordered too! My vote was for 1 hybrid since the other 2 cancel each other out, now if I end up with all 3 it will be a hard choice, keep tremor or hybrid as my personal vehicle… kinda thinking tremor wins here.

yamahaSHO

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 07 Jeep CRD, 04 S2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
While picking up the Ranger I ordered back in March, yesterday, I placed an order for a hybrid XLT for my wife. She'll benefit from the hybrid and her driving. As much as I wanted to get another Ecoboost to play with and tune, it was just a better for her to have the hybrid.
Sponsored