First Name
BRYAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang GT, 2010 Honda Insight, 2020 Kia Sore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford is Supposed to be honoring the unfulfilled 2022 orders 1st. I re-ordered a 2023 Hybrid XL Cactus Gray, co-pilot 360 and tow hitch with 4 pin connector. That's it. My 2022 order was a Hybrid XLT with Co-Pilot 360, Lux package, and sliding rear window. As you can see I downgraded quite a bit from my 2022 order but really like Cruise control on XL and I am partial to the Steelie wheels.
2023 order has been confirmed with a priority build code of 10

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford is Supposed to be honoring the unfulfilled 2022 orders 1st. I re-ordered a 2023 Hybrid XL Cactus Gray, co-pilot 360 and tow hitch with 4 pin connector. That's it. My 2022 order was a Hybrid XLT with Co-Pilot 360, Lux package, and sliding rear window. As you can see I downgraded quite a bit from my 2022 order but really like Cruise control on XL and I am partial to the Steelie wheels.
The 15% of cars that will be XL versus the 59% for XLT may result in even more constraints and delays. Hopefully Ford truly does prioritize 2022 rollovers to be built first.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where did you get this? It's not true. The ONLY prioritization for a '22 rollover is by your dealer, by priority code.....which basically is pretty meaningless, especially if said dealer has no/little allocation.

There are gonna be a LOT of pissed off '22 rollover customers when they start seeing new '23 orders getting delivered before theirs, with the same, or even more, constraints.

Grab some popcorn, a cold drink, and get ready for the shit-show in 3-4 months.... :poop:

Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wasn't going to order, but did. My suggestion and experience from last time. Get it the way you want it and then just sit back and not worry about it. If they build it fine and if they don't oh well. I am blessed to have a great dealer that does MSRP, requires not deposit and I can walk away upon delivery. It's not like they cannot sell it if you don't take it. But again get it the way you really want it. Ford is ridiculous with all these constraints and then wanting people to order it bare bones. If that is all you can produce then just put a bare bones model and don't add a bunch of stuff you cannot deliver. It just builds people hopes up and then they get dashed.

miike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think Ford SERIOUSLY misjudged demand for their Hybrid Maverick. This could end up like the Chinese real estate/banking fiasco....angry mobs lining up at dealers 18 months out wanting their Mavericks :LOL:
I agree. I saw some data that the Maverick stole market share from the Honda Ridgeline, the Chevy colorado, and even its own Ranger. Ranger sales were down in '22 by 80-90% compared to '21 without the Maverick to compete. There is a lot of demand for this category and the Maverick does it better than everyone at the cheapest price.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The results here should be pretty terrifying to a Ford scheduler with currently 74% hybrid and 26% Eco. Totatally opposite of what they were planning. That being said, if you ordered an Eco (which of course I did not), then you are in pretty good shape for MY23.

bman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Hybrid Lux Cp+assist
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I personally think it's wrong that MY22 orders weren't organized in a way to give them a higher priority as the necessary parts were available. I'm not one of them, but that would be the fair thing to do. As it is though, shutting down the order banks is good. those with orders in can reasonably expect a vehicle to be delivered. I doubt the whole year's capacity has been reached just enough of certain configurations. dealer stock orders which will be far less picky will fill the gaps being built alongside retail orders.

Sponsored

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Call the wholesale person I did that and it worked

Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The results here should be pretty terrifying to a Ford scheduler with currently 74% hybrid and 26% Eco. Totatally opposite of what they were planning. That being said, if you ordered an Eco (which of course I did not), then you are in pretty good shape for MY23.
i really hope this is true. I was team hybrid until I started seeing more and hybrids get delayed on here and saw more EBs get delivered. The shuddering and dying of hybrid put a bad taste in my mouth too with having a new born

Redskinman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree. I saw some data that the Maverick stole market share from the Honda Ridgeline, the Chevy colorado, and even its own Ranger. Ranger sales were down in '22 by 80-90% compared to '21 without the Maverick to compete. There is a lot of demand for this category and the Maverick does it better than everyone at the cheapest price.
Well that low price sucked us in and now price not so low,2200 bucks is big increase for just xl,and then the way they made the packages to make you spend more money.
I wonder how many orders wouldn’t have happened if prices were released before the orders opened? I sold my 2021 Sonata I had in July expecting order banks to open Aug 1st.If I would have known prices were gonna go up 2200 bucks I most likely would have kept my car,but now I’m stuck.