Sponsored

Is 12 volt battery for hybrid a AGM battery?

Andy704

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if the 12 volt battery for the Maverick hybrid is an AGM battery? And what group size it is? I've been having battery drain issues lately and the dealer can help me, I was wondering if I can find a little bigger battery with bigger capacity that would fit in the spot and if that would make a difference? Any ideas? Thanks
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if the 12 volt battery for the Maverick hybrid is an AGM battery? And what group size it is? I've been having battery drain issues lately and the dealer can help me, I was wondering if I can find a little bigger battery with bigger capacity that would fit in the spot and if that would make a difference? Any ideas? Thanks
Irregardless of size the battery drain issues need to be fixed. A bigger battery just delays the inevitable. Need to rely on Ford to diagnose and repair at least during the warranty period. Some have reported that Ford pass was draining the 12v and there was a software patch. I have no idea what but most likely there was excessive communication with the truck. If you do choose to replace the 12v get approval for it from Ford. It does require a sealed battery with a vent tube since it's located in the cab. I believe it to be a deep cycle but have not verified agm or wet cell. If the bms cannot charge a smaller battery there is little expectation it could charge a larger battery unless the smaller one has an issue. Perhaps putting truck in storage mode (removing negative terminal) then putting existing 12v into a maintenance recovery cycle which could take a long time is an answer. Before I did this I would give Ford warranty request..???

OP
OP
Andy704

Andy704

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Irregardless of size the battery drain issues need to be fixed. A bigger battery just delays the inevitable. Need to rely on Ford to diagnose and repair at least during the warranty period. Some have reported that Ford pass was draining the 12v and there was a software patch. I have no idea what but most likely there was excessive communication with the truck. If you do choose to replace the 12v get approval for it from Ford. It does require a sealed battery with a vent tube since it's located in the cab. I believe it to be a deep cycle but have not verified agm or wet cell. If the bms cannot charge a smaller battery there is little expectation it could charge a larger battery unless the smaller one has an issue. Perhaps putting truck in storage mode (removing negative terminal) then putting existing 12v into a maintenance recovery cycle which could take a long time is an answer. Before I did this I would give Ford warranty request..???
Thanks for the heads up, I will let Ford do their job and fix the problem.

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Common issue many of us have. If you search on Deep Sleep you will find more posts.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Contrary to popular belief the 12v battery in the hybrid is not an AGM battery:

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/battery-and-related-components/battery-7868851-1

Sponsored

SuperDave71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I need to double check, but I thought for sure when I was connected with FORSCAN that the battery type selected on my hybrid was AGM. I wonder if some of these battery issues are because the wrong charging profile has been selected?

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure where you get your info from, but the hybrid 12v battery is an AGM.
How do you know this though? They provided some evidence, and every google search result (except posts on this forum) I have of my part number (which matches that link in their post) states it is not AGM.

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do you know this though? They provided some evidence, and every google search result (except posts on this forum) I have of my part number (which matches that link in their post) states it is not AGM.
They? Who is they? Do you own a hybrid MAV?

Sponsored

ejouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick, Atlas Blue, FWD, EcoBoost, XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not sure where you get your info from, but the hybrid 12v battery is an AGM.
He got it from the link in his post. I'll paste the important info from the link.

Ford Maverick Is 12 volt battery for hybrid a AGM battery? battery

Still need to confirm that the BXT99T4A is or is not AGM.

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is it that hard to lift the seat and take the cover off to look? Fwiw the 12v on the eco says agm right on the top.

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it that hard to lift the seat and take the cover off to look? Fwiw the 12v on the eco says agm right on the top.
Exactly and the hybrid does not, at least on mine. Nor does the link which was posted which looks exactly like my battery.

ejouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick, Atlas Blue, FWD, EcoBoost, XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Post from another thread.