First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took pictures of the 12 Volt battery in my Hybrid Maverick. I wanted to see if it was any different from the Demo Hybrid at the State Fair of Texas.

The part number is BXT-99RT4-A with a Ford Label

It appears to be a MotorCraft battery, Tested Tough Max or maybe a Fleet Tough/Extras as it has a single port vent with a tube that vents the battery to the underside of the truck. See the third picture of the tube below.

Single port venting cuts electrolyte loss, reduces terminal corrosion, and allows for remote venting.

BATTERIES - Vampt Motors

Ford Maverick Hybrid 12V Battery is Single Port Vented to the Outside, Maybe a Fleet Battery Hybrid - 12V Battery.JPG

Ford Maverick Hybrid 12V Battery is Single Port Vented to the Outside, Maybe a Fleet Battery BXT-99RT4-A.JPG

Ford Maverick Hybrid 12V Battery is Single Port Vented to the Outside, Maybe a Fleet Battery Vented.JPG

Ford Maverick Hybrid 12V Battery is Single Port Vented to the Outside, Maybe a Fleet Battery Specs.JPG

Ford Maverick Hybrid 12V Battery is Single Port Vented to the Outside, Maybe a Fleet Battery Single Port Vent.JPG
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took pictures of the 12 Volt battery in my Hybrid Maverick. I wanted to see if it was any different from the Demo Hybrid at the State Fair of Texas.

The part number is BXT-99RT4-A with a Ford Label

It appears to be a MotorCraft battery, Tested Tough Max or maybe a Fleet Tough/Extras as it has a single port vent with a tube that vents the battery to the underside of the truck. See the third picture of the tube below.

Single port venting cuts electrolyte loss, reduces terminal corrosion, and allows for remote venting.

BATTERIES - Vampt Motors

Hybrid - 12V Battery.JPG

BXT-99RT4-A.JPG

Vented.JPG

Specs.JPG

Single Port Vent.JPG
It is a tested tough AGM battery.

OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do those have a vent port on them?
The vent is adjacent to the Ford logo and the tube visible exiting through a grommet near the negative battery terminal corner.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
For those of us in harsher climates, will keeping the battery inside the cab prolong the life? I would imagine it has some positive benefits.

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those of us in harsher climates, will keeping the battery inside the cab prolong the life? I would imagine it has some positive benefits.
I am thinking the opposite, the cabs in Alabama get extremely hot during the summer when they are not running

OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The vent is adjacent to the Ford logo and the tube visible exiting through a grommet near the negative battery terminal corner.
Yes I know where the vent is as I did start this thread.

What I don't see anywhere in "Tested Tough" or "Tested Tough Max" batteries having any vent.

BATTERIES - Vampt Motors

In this link it is only shown that "Fleet Tough/Extras" having the vent port.

Right now searching "BXT-99RT4-A" online brings up a lot of replacement batteries but none of them show a vent port.

Last edited:

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
I am thinking the opposite, the cabs in Alabama get extremely hot during the summer when they are not running
Even though the cabs do get a little warm (my windows will be tinted plus I always use a windshield shade when I am not parked in the garage), I would image the inside temperature is nothing compared to the battery getting baked next to a running engine. That's where I assumed the benefits of the battery being in the cab would kick in. It will get to enjoy AC with the rest of us!

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could someone please explain why the battery having a vent matters?

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It should be an AGM battery. I would be surprised if it was a regular lead acid.

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could someone please explain why the battery having a vent matters?
The battery needs to be vented to the outside because it is located inside the cabin of the vehicle instead of in the engine compartment.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right now searching "BXT-99RT4-A" online brings up a lot of replacement batteries but none of them show a vent port.
If I search Group 99R batteries all of them that show the negative side show a vent port there.

OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I search Group 99R batteries all of them that show the negative side show a vent port there.
This one doesn't show a vent

Ford Maverick Hybrid 12V Battery is Single Port Vented to the Outside, Maybe a Fleet Battery 99R No Vent.JPG

Wizard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 cactus grey Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The battery needs to be vented to the outside because it is located inside the cabin of the vehicle instead of in the engine compartment.
My 1995 Jaguar xjs convertible has the battery in the trunk and it has a vent on it.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This one doesn't show a vent

99R No Vent.JPG
Because that's the positive side of the battery shown. But notice there is a white plug in the approximate location. The casing is a symmetrical design; 99R is a Group 99 with the terminal positions reversed.

Ford Maverick Hybrid 12V Battery is Single Port Vented to the Outside, Maybe a Fleet Battery 1639578417564
Sponsored