Sponsored

I Had A Major Issue With The Maverick Hybrid Today, I've Never Heard Of Anything Like This In Any Car!

bajesus8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Civic LX, 09 Camry Hybrid, 22 Mav Hybd Lrt Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I guess you can add me to this list of loud bang from rear speakers from hybrid lariat (B&O) owner.
Mine was a bang coming from rear, physically felt like the rear glass shattered, painful to hear. Happened back around december 20th. I notified the dealer during oil change later in week but hasnt happened since, I cant recreate it.
edit: was just a bang no smoke
Sponsored

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll be sure to update if anything happens. I guess it's possible this will fix the issue and I can only be hopeful at this point.
If it happens again (it probably will) and you need to drive it, the quickest way to make it go away would be to unplug the B&O amplifier behind the rear seat.

Based on your description, it is clearly some digital problem, not the passive speakers. When it happens again, you could do a quick troubleshooting by pulling off the A2B digital audio input connector on the amp (the blue one). If the noise does not go away, it is a B&O amplifier unit defect and it will have to be replaced. Regardless, pulling the power connector will shut down the amp so you can drive it.

Iā€˜m guessing the amplifier is the problem. Ford changed suppliers last year so there could have been some transition issues.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I guess you can add me to this list of loud bang from rear speakers from hybrid lariat (B&O) owner.
Mine was a bang coming from rear, physically felt like the rear glass shattered, painful to hear. Happened back around december 20th. I notified the dealer during oil change later in week but hasnt happened since, I cant recreate it.
edit: was just a bang no smoke
Hi David! I can look into your Maverick's speaker concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Maverick's VIN?

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Maverick incoming, ā€˜13 Porsche 911,ā€˜19 Audi Q3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Add me as well, same issue without the smell or smoke. It happened as I got in and pressed the start button and scared the crap out of me. Loud bang and scraping noise sounded like something fell on and was dragging on the roof then the sizzling/crackling blaring out of the speakers. ā€˜23 Lariat B&O. I tried to shutdown the Sync3 but it didnā€™t stop the noise even after I shutdown the ignition and opened the door. Video is after I opened the door and shows blank screen.

Arby47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
57 Chevy, 59 Volvo PV544, E-Bike
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At just over 9000 miles mine still has had it happen just the once. No fix done. And it was the bang that scared me when it did happen.
Sponsored