Sponsored

2nd major issue with the Maverick hybrid, owned less than a week. 12v Dead as a doornail

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update for all, Ford Corporate offered for me to take my vehicle to another service department and have them work directly with Ford to look at the issue. unfortunately, this is kind of an issue for me as there isnt another Ford service department in over 60 miles for me so thats not really doable for me as this is the only vehicle I have.
They should be able to arrange a loaner vehicle.
Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m wondering if my Hybrid is doing the same thing. I keep getting notifications saying my car is entering “deep sleep mode” because the battery charge level is low. The door chime is now playing through a speaker in the dash instead of through the speakers.

9F7505CF-D5C7-4209-AE3B-8ABA6C13564A.jpeg
I've had that message once, despite having driven the truck 30 miles the day before.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had that message once, despite having driven the truck 30 miles the day before.
Checked my 12v (under seat) battery with a multimeter and it read 12.06 volts.

Car batteries are supposed to be 12.6 when fully charged. I wonder if Mavericks have a parasitic drain? I haven’t noticed any lights on or anything but the car does ocassionally click in multiple areas once parked and off.

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just read about this in the owner's manual. No truck yet, just getting prepared...
1642857784934.png
And to confirm, yes this works :p Did not know the cigarette lighter port provides power even while the vehicle has been off for a while. Dashcam kept running, woke up to a drained battery. Thankfully got help with a portable jump starter.

DiveBombDom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into this on my end.

I have an issue with a maverick im waiting to take delivery on. Can you help?

Sponsored

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into this on my end.
Battery issues aside, I have been waiting for quite a while and my dealer is now charging me 3K for the pleasure…think your could build my truck before they raise that ADM? And please put the good battery in that one.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It happened to mine too! Posting another thread about my issue in 10 mins with video/picture.

Davido49

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4
So in addition to the weird remote start issues, I went to head to work this morning and the 12v was dead as a doornail. No I did not leave anything on. Dont know why, I had just drove it last night. It was 32*F this morning, so a bit cold, but nothing really that bad frankly.(If this truck cant handle 32*F then wtf do you northerners do?)I had to jump it, so thanks to the guy who explained that to me in the last post about remote start. I drove it to work, lets see if the battery is dead again when I go to leave.

Im going to take it back to the dealer this week and see what the hell is going on. Between this and the weird remote start stuff I am a bit concerned. Ive only had the truck like a week.
Yup 32deg isn't cold dude its Vallee chilly. I'm not sure but it doesn't sound like a big issue. Had my Maverick Lariat FX4 4mos now . Been perfect so far. Yes I'm a "northerner" as you alluded to. Hasn't been much of a winter here so far but we've seen colder temps an no issues on my new Maverick or '20 Ranger XLT FX4. Both excellent. Your fine local dealer should help unless someone on here has any ideas. -Ohio

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
My office had a bunch of fleet Fusion Hybrids and it was pretty normal for the 12V battery to go dead in them since they would sometimes sit for a few days to a week between use. I never found out why they did but it was pretty common.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My office had a bunch of fleet Fusion Hybrids and it was pretty normal for the 12V battery to go dead in them since they would sometimes sit for a few days to a week between use. I never found out why they did but it was pretty common.
Thats just silly. I left my F150 in the Garage for several months (winter time in Michigan) come back starts right up. More than once.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And to confirm, yes this works :p Did not know the cigarette lighter port provides power even while the vehicle has been off for a while. Dashcam kept running, woke up to a drained battery. Thankfully got help with a portable jump starter.
Do not have my build date yet! But FYI ---- I have a 2012 Honda CR-V had 2 batteries replaced under dealer warranty 3rd battery replaced with after market when wife had car out of state. Did not properly inform her warranty with Honda was in effect so got bit. I now have an LED volt meter/USB charger combo that plugs into the "cigarette style" power port. With everything off and key in accessory position it displays voltage (if anything is on the reading could be reduced,. Do not know about hybrid maverick having everything off). When car is running the voltage displayed is the voltage the alternator is maintaining on the 12v bus. Provides an easy "rough" check of battery voltage and alternator. I will try this on hybrid when I get it. In my Honda CR-V I have found that driving with little 12v draw the alternator maintains 12-12.2 volts (not enough to completely charge battery) but if I turn on the running lights and just the fan on medium (or anything that uses current) the regulator ups the voltage to about 14.1-14.4 depending on draw. This will keep the battery fully charged. MAYBE this could be a way to check on hybrid while key is on (my CR-V cigarette style power port is off when key is off, do not know about hybrid). Someone who has one might check this out for us?

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update for all, Ford Corporate offered for me to take my vehicle to another service department and have them work directly with Ford to look at the issue. unfortunately, this is kind of an issue for me as there isnt another Ford service department in over 60 miles for me so thats not really doable for me as this is the only vehicle I have.
Oddzball, what was the outcome?
I am experiencing the mysterious DEAD MAVERICK problem and have been watching your post to see if Ford Corporate did anything more than recommend another dealer?
Was your DEAD MAVERICK problem solved? If so, how?
Thank you.

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Day 8 - Dealer Diagnosis Today (5/30/2022): Faulty Electrical Harness. The cable between the 12V battery and relay was defective. The replacement harness is on backorder, possibly 3-4 weeks. Thank goodness that they found the short and I do not have to live with chargers, jumpers, and uncertainty. I hope that this helps others who have, or may, experienced the problem. I had no warning signs, deep sleep messages, etc. (see below). Hybrid, built 12/22/2021.

Day 4 - Ford Service Update, Gullo Ford, Conroe, TX. Service Advisor, Dean Wachner, called today to let me know that they are perplexed and continuing to research the problem, They have opened a ticket with Ford for assistance. Battery, Alternator, and everything checks ok, but 12V battery is immediately drained when car is turned off. They are also still "working" on a loaner car.

History: Hybrid Lariat - 5 months and 4500 miles of flawless performance. No "Deep Sleep" messages or any type of warnings. May 22, I drove 10 miles, parked for 15 minutes, got back in it and it was as dead as a door nail. Never a problem of any kind before. From reading this Forum, I told myself, "Aw s!*t, Dead Maverick!". Knowing what lay ahead, and being totally pissed and extremely disappointed, I called Ford Roadside Assistance to begin the process. He jump started it with a booster, but after I turned it off, it was again completely dead. He jumped it again, and I headed straight to the Ford Dealer and parked it in the Service Lane. After driving 20 miles, it was completely dead again. May 23, I called the Ford Service Advisor, who said that the battery looked ok, and they were checking everything else for Hybrid problem possibilities.

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Day 31 - Replacement Harness arrived at Dealer and Installed. Problem apparently solved. Service Report attached.

Day 8 - Dealer Diagnosis Today (5/30/2022): Faulty Electrical Harness. The cable between the 12V battery and relay was defective. The replacement harness is on backorder, possibly 3-4 weeks. Thank goodness that they found the short and I do not have to live with chargers, jumpers, and uncertainty. I hope that this helps others who have, or may, experienced the problem. I had no warning signs, deep sleep messages, etc. (see below). Hybrid, built 12/22/2021.

Day 4 - Ford Service Update, Gullo Ford, Conroe, TX. Service Advisor, Dean Wachner, called today to let me know that they are perplexed and continuing to research the problem, They have opened a ticket with Ford for assistance. Battery, Alternator, and everything checks ok, but 12V battery is immediately drained when car is turned off. They are also still "working" on a loaner car.

History: Hybrid Lariat - 5 months and 4500 miles of flawless performance. No "Deep Sleep" messages or any type of warnings. May 22, I drove 10 miles, parked for 15 minutes, got back in it and it was as dead as a door nail. Never a problem of any kind before. From reading this Forum, I told myself, "Aw s!*t, Dead Maverick!". Knowing what lay ahead, and being totally pissed and extremely disappointed, I called Ford Roadside Assistance to begin the process. He jump started it with a booster, but after I turned it off, it was again completely dead. He jumped it again, and I headed straight to the Ford Dealer and parked it in the Service Lane. After driving 20 miles, it was completely dead again. May 23, I called the Ford Service Advisor, who said that the battery looked ok, and they were checking everything else for Hybrid problem possibilities.

View attachment Maverick Hybrid Electric Harness Repair_6-23-2022.pdf
Sponsored