Sponsored

2nd major issue with the Maverick hybrid, owned less than a week. 12v Dead as a doornail

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No alternator with the hybrid.
I had a fusion hybrid that the rear defrost
Would take forever to defrost
I took to dealer said nothing wrong
Then one morning car would not start took to dealer after jumping and they said do you park outside i remarked I don’t have a portable garage to take with me please check battery and system they did and found nothing wrong ? I told them keep over nite and see if it does it again
Next morning they called and said they had to replace battery !never had problem again and the rear defrost started to work so it was the battery all along
Same dealer gave me problem with my escape ! manager at the shop said we don’t have a tech for pass and modem problems
Needless to say I do not give there dealer shop my business
Sponsored

OP
OP

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
hey said do you park outside i remarked I don’t have a portable garage to take with me please check battery and system they did and found nothing wrong
Haha Exactly the same thing. The first thing they said was "Oh well it was below freezing last night. And i was like "So??? WTF kind of battery are you using that cant handle 30*F????" God forbid they sell it up north where it is regularly below freezing. Im not parking my damn truck in the garage, Guess what started up JUST FINE and jumpstarted the Maverick? My OLD ASS 2004 Ford Ranger, with it's OLD ASS 4+ year old battery.

Phht, telling me it got so cold it killed my battery, who trains these guys? Its a BRAND NEW Truck with less than 500 miles and I assume a brand new battery!

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haha Exactly the same thing. The first thing they said was "Oh well it was below freezing last night. And i was like "So??? WTF kind of battery are you using that cant handle 30*F????" God forbid they sell it up north where it is regularly below freezing. Im not parking my damn truck in the garage, Guess what started up JUST FINE and jumpstarted the Maverick? My OLD ASS 2004 Ford Ranger, with it's OLD ASS 4+ year old battery.

Phht, telling me it got so cold it killed my battery, who trains these guys? Its a BRAND NEW Truck with less than 500 miles and I assume a brand new battery!
I live up north and we have some cold nites I had to laugh at him also when he told me it’s because you park outside This dealership I was going too no longer works on my car
Sad part my wife bought a escape with extended service tru them problem is only this dealer honor the contract so stuck with them till contract expires or we trade it in at another dealer

OP
OP

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
I live up north and we have some cold nites I had to laugh at him also when he told me it’s because you park outside This dealership I was going too no longer works on my car
Sad part my wife bought a escape with extended service tru them problem is only this dealer honor the contract so stuck with them till contract expires or we trade it in at another dealer
I mean yeah. I kinda have to go to them because of the warranty and extended warranty, but that doesnt mean Im not gonna complain when they pull stupid shit ya know? If it gets real bad Ill talk to the owner.

cormiermc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
hard to tell, it might be a lot of things but combine remote start and battery problem and i won't be surprised if it was a battery/charging system problem. remote starter can act really strangely when in low voltage condition (even oem one)

Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I forgot hybrid is different. Anyway, the dealer should check 12 volt output from the charging source to the 12 volt battery for the required voltage. I would bet a bad battery but a check 12volt supply should be done.

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid was built Dec 1, 2021. Got it on 12/23, have 500+ miles, no issues yet. Started easily in 12 degrees the other morning. Lovin' it.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
So update, I took it to the dealer they tested the battery and it passed fine.
Per the dealer they of course "See no issue" and cannot answer why the battery died, so now its just a waiting game to see if it happens again.
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into this on my end.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into this on my end.
Glad to see Ford has an account on here. I'm hoping there will be a fix to the dash/interior plastic rattles a lot of people are having as well.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Indefensible problem, but 2 of the last 3 new vehicles I have purchase, not Fords, have had bad batteries in the first 1 to 3 months. One had an internal short and second was just a bad battery, that would not hold a charge....all under warranty. Defective batteries are really hard to detect.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
Will do soon as I can get off work.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thank you for responding and being here. I hope you continue to monitor this club as it’s members have a wealth of knowledge and experience.

OP
OP

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
Alright I sent you a message detailing everything.

Rickydragon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 Eco AWD Lux Pack 4K Tow Shadow Black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My question is that if the spray-in bed liners are holding up builds in XLT Luxury Packages why isn’t Ford offering customers a chance to drop it off the order and provide a credit to have it installed at dealerships after it is delivered?

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean yeah. I kinda have to go to them because of the warranty and extended warranty, but that doesnt mean Im not gonna complain when they pull stupid shit ya know? If it gets real bad Ill talk to the owner.
You don't have to go back to the original dealer for a warranty issue. Any Ford dealership is required to repair a Ford vehicle with a valid warranty and a valid Ford extended warranty.
Sponsored