Sponsored

CSMH

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I just left a message with my dealership to call me back so I can cancel my order. I do not mind waiting a few months and checking week to week to see if my order as been scheduled. Until further notice has a whole different meaning than stick in there you will get scheduled. Hard to say it’s worth the wait when the wait is until further notice.
Sponsored

shark978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
canyon
Engine
Undecided
Ford has some explaining to do. They ramp up the PR/Marketing blitz about a truck under $20,000 (Not true) and that it comes standard with a hybrid motor (Not making it til further notice) What does that mean?

They may need to go into prevention mode sometime soon. They are really pushing the goodwill of the customer on this one. I guess they aren't worried until cancellations of orders or another manufacturer comes to market.

Glad I made the choice to wait and see.

Technically true isn't it?

Plus the ecoboost is really good value, it's only +1k right? Now if you want the hybrid fuel economy thats another story.

The Maverick is still offering really good value compared to any other truck available. Of course, pending reliability which we wont know till theyre out, and we do have warranty, but the prices including used on any other trucks are extremely high.

I can get NEW Mav XL with the 2.0 (more powerful engine spec) and AWD for 25k. To get an equivalent Ranger, or basically any other truck (with the upscale engine EG the V6 on the Colorado, and 4WD, new) I'd probably be looking at 35k (barebones).

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been pretty chill about this scheduling, but I find this news disheartening.

"Until further notice" deserves further details.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been pretty chill about this scheduling, but I find this news disheartening.

"Until further notice" deserves further details.
I used to be disappointed every Thursday. Now I'm disappointed "until further notice".

Sponsored

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just left a message with my dealership to call me back so I can cancel my order. I do not mind waiting a few months and checking week to week to see if my order as been scheduled. Until further notice has a whole different meaning than stick in there you will get scheduled. Hard to say it’s worth the wait when the wait is until further notice.
It looks like you were first edition so that likely wasn't getting built for many months anyway the last scheduling for bronco sport for MY2020 was to build the last first editions. On the bright side when it is built someone will be able to get it off the lot since no dealer with their current inventories would actually cancel a build.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They aren't going to cancel your order. If you have a deposit they will give you your money back and sell whatever you ordered above MSRP. Your loss their gain!

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, that burns a bit. But who knows what will happen I'm going to sit tight and wait because good things come to those of us who wait.

Maybe it's a way for Ford to get the pre-orders Hybrids to switch to the EcoBoost?

I'm willing to wait for my Alto Blue XLT with invertor and sunroof!
Ford will be waiting a long time! I AM NOT SWITCHING TO AN EB! I drive about 80 miles round trip to work 5 days/ week! I need the hybrid!

Mav_in_MO

First Name
Kohl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus ST
It's unfortunate but I think people are being a bit harsh towards Ford. Logistics are a total cluster right now for everyone across all industries. There's nothing worse than having open orders you can't fulfill (I'm sure there are a few small business owners on this forum that could relate).

I've got a hybrid order without a build date. I'm thinking about switching to the ecoboost. I already love the engine in my Focus ST and I do have some concerns about the hybrid being too slow for my liking. The hybrid is such amazing value though 😔

CSMH

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
They aren't going to cancel your order. If you have a deposit they will give you your money back and sell whatever you ordered above MSRP. Your loss their gain!

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's unfortunate but I think people are being a bit harsh towards Ford. Logistics are a total cluster right now for everyone across all industries. There's nothing worse than having open orders you can't fulfill (I'm sure there are a few small business owners on this forum that could relate).

I've got a hybrid order without a build date. I'm thinking about switching to the ecoboost. I already love the engine in my Focus ST and I do have some concerns about the hybrid being too slow for my liking. The hybrid is such amazing value though 😔
I'm definitely not in the bashing Ford group, but I am in the "my car is quickly building up a ton of miles so I need to be open to other options" group.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Looks like my XL AWD (Rat Rod) will be here before my Lariat Hybrid...

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
How can they NOT cancel the order? It is tied to your name and email. While I don't know their system, typically the name on the order doesn't change. I guess they can always update an email address though. But with Ford requiring dealers provide a copy of drivers license for each order, I can't see how they could not cancel.
Sponsored