Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am in the same boat but Ford doesn't give a s*** about us, they have created such a hype around these two products that they will have enough people buying their stuff. It is just super unprofessional. They knew there is a pandemic and they should have planned properly. But again, they don't care, it is what it is and they will blame it on all sort of BS. If these all is a problem, I am wondering why they did this ridicules celebration of their first Maverick last week?
Because it was an Ecoboost 2.0 lol
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The thing is, Ford is allowing the competition more time to bring their answer to the Maverick to market. I've never owned a Ford and was only brought here due to what the Maverick offered in MPG and functionality. If Toyota, Honda etc... drops something comparable to the Maverick, I might just come crawling back to them. "I'm sorry baby! Take me back! The grass was not greener on the other side. That girl (Ford) turned out to be nothing beneath the surface."
I'm sure Ford is not doing this hold to "allow the competition more time" I'm positive there are people in Ford Ops and Production (along with other managers) busting their tails to get Mavericks of all trim and engine types built as quickly as supplies allow. As far as I know (and I've been wrong before), but I don't think Toyota or Honda have anything like the Maverick coming anytime soon. Plus if either of them just announced their Maverick clone what's not to say they also don't have supply issues holding up their production too. These production issues are not just a Ford problem, they're industry wide issue and not just automotive. Stay Calm and Maverick On!! :)

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, I've owned a Toyota Avalon Hybrid and now a Lexus ES300h Hybrid. If Toyota comes out with one, Ford can kiss my patutie.
I mean their Tacomas and Tundras are top 10 sellers so why not throw their hat into the proverbial compact truck ring?

I'm here for it. Let's go Toyota!!! Get on it!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You know, this is more stressful then waiting for the VA Disability System to actually review our files (those of you who know what I mean, KNOW what I mean;) I think we should all take a step back and relax (if we can) and just know that ours WILL be built sooner rather then later (again, Hopefully)
Oh I was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more stressed waiting on some doctor to decide if my claim would get rated!! Waiting on a Maverick is easy time, because Ford said, "I will build it" and I said, "I will come and buy it!" :ROFLMAO: Until then I'm fortunate to have my '04 Ranger for rainy days and 2 Harleys for every other day. Even if I really needed a vehicle right now I would still wait on my Maverick and just buy a $500 hooptie (like I did when stationed in Germany and England) to get around until my Maverick arrived.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I mean their Tacomas and Tundras are top 10 sellers so why not throw their hat into the proverbial compact truck ring?

I'm here for it. Let's go Toyota!!! Get on it!
And they dominate the Hybrid market with all of their hybrid models and brands (Toyota and Lexus). Their systems work. They just have to come up with the body to slap onto an already build chassis.

Sponsored

AC13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT / 1964 Ford Fairlane 500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really disappointing news but given the state of the world right now I can't say it's surprising. I'd like to blame Ford too, but they're not the only company getting hit hard with these issues.

At this point I'm just glad I haven't sold my current vehicle. Even a June 25 order date with priority code 10 won't necessarily get me the Christmas present I want most. 🎅

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Techieinside

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, that burns a bit. But who knows what will happen I'm going to sit tight and wait because good things come to those of us who wait.

Maybe it's a way for Ford to get the pre-orders Hybrids to switch to the EcoBoost?

I'm willing to wait for my Alto Blue XLT with invertor and sunroof!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Even if I really needed a vehicle right now I would still wait on my Maverick and just buy a $500 hooptie (like I did when stationed in Germany and England) to get around until my Maverick arrived.
Been there done that in Germany. But reason I had to reply is where can I find one of these $500 hooptie's you speak of? Everybody has been talking about the amounts they are giving for trades are KBB+ so I really don't know where these cheap hoopties are currently.

I used to have a franchise repairing (not replace) windshields. I serviced a lot of these hooptie dealers. As I drove by a few today going to Ocala, FL I see their lots are empty pretty much. The auto industry as a whole is down the crapper if you ask me.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sure Ford is not doing this hold to "allow the competition more time" I'm positive there are people in Ford Ops and Production (along with other managers) busting their tails to get Mavericks of all trim and engine types built as quickly as supplies allow. As far as I know (and I've been wrong before), but I don't think Toyota or Honda have anything like the Maverick coming anytime soon. Plus if either of them just announced their Maverick clone what's not to say they also don't have supply issues holding up their production too. These production issues are not just a Ford problem, they're industry wide issue and not just automotive. Stay Calm and Maverick On!! :)
Oh I am certainly not saying these delays are intentional. Just stating what I think will happen due to the ongoing bad news for hybrid orders. It's a copycat industry and other execs are seeing the reservation numbers for the Maverick, and would not be doing their jobs if they weren't directing their engineering team to fast track a competitor compact truck. Some people such as myself are not loyal to the Ford, but they managed to offer something nobody has (Don't start with the Santa Cruz...yuck!). All things equal in terms of supply and chip shortage, if given a choice of waiting on a Toyota compact hybrid truck or a Maverick, I would naturally gravitate towards the Toyota due to past ownership experience. I suspect many would say the same if Chevy, GMC came out with their maverick competitor too.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been there done that in Germany. But reason I had to reply is where can I find one of these $500 hoopoe's you speak of? Everybody has been talking about the amounts they are giving for trades are KBB+ so I really don't know where these cheap hoopoes are currently.

I used to have a franchise repairing (not replace) windshields. I serviced a lot of these hoopoe dealers. As I drove by a few today going to Ocala, FL I see their lots are empty pretty much. The auto industry as a whole is down the crapper if you ask me.
I've seen plenty in the really low end (I mean low) dealerships around here (Tucson). Of course I should probably up my hooptie price to $1k 😂 !

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh I am certainly not saying these delays are intentional. Just stating what I think will happen due to the ongoing bad news for hybrid orders. It's a copycat industry and other execs are seeing the reservation numbers for the Maverick, and would not be doing their jobs if they weren't directing their engineering team to fast track a competitor compact truck. Some people such as myself are not loyal to the Ford, but they managed to offer something nobody has (Don't start with the Santa Cruz...yuck!). All things equal in terms of supply and chip shortage, if given a choice of waiting on a Toyota compact hybrid truck or a Maverick, I would naturally gravitate towards the Toyota due to past ownership experience. I suspect many would say the same if Chevy, GMC came out with their maverick competitor too.
No matter how bad it gets, I'll never go Santa Cruz!! :ROFLMAO:
It would (will) be interesting to see what Toyota, Chevy or Honda come out with in future to bite into the Maverick segment.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And they dominate the Hybrid market with all of their hybrid models and brands (Toyota and Lexus). Their systems work. They just have to come up with the body to slap onto an already build chassis.
FACTS!

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh I was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more stressed waiting on some doctor to decide if my claim would get rated!! Waiting on a Maverick is easy time, because Ford said, "I will build it" and I said, "I will come and buy it!" :ROFLMAO: Until then I'm fortunate to have my '04 Ranger for rainy days and 2 Harleys for every other day. Even if I really needed a vehicle right now I would still wait on my Maverick and just buy a $500 hooptie (like I did when stationed in Germany and England) to get around until my Maverick arrived.
Absolutely 100 % in agreement, we learned as you men to hurry up and wait (and duck, stand at attention and have every med shot known to man and some made up too;)
Sponsored