2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The redesigned 22 Frontier is looking better and better
The thing is, Ford is allowing the competition more time to bring their answer to the Maverick to market. I've never owned a Ford and was only brought here due to what the Maverick offered in MPG and functionality. If Toyota, Honda etc... drops something comparable to the Maverick, I might just come crawling back to them. "I'm sorry baby! Take me back! The grass was not greener on the other side. That girl (Ford) turned out to be nothing beneath the surface."
Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The thing is, Ford is allowing the competition more time to bring their answer to the Maverick to market. I've never owned a Ford and was only brought here due to what the Maverick offered in MPG and functionality. If Toyota, Honda etc... drops something comparable to the Maverick, I might just come crawling back to them. "I'm sorry baby! Take me back! The grass was not greener on the other side. That girl (Ford) turned out to be nothing beneath the surface."
Honda is lost when it comes to trucks and SUVs. They don't offer much that excites me there...and I'm an Accord owner.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey, I got two scheduled with build dates....who wants dibs on the second one?

Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hard to say, but this may be a matter of Ford directing a limited allocation of chips to the most profitable models...

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
hrm...if you're stuck with the 2.0 eco, the santa cruz might start gaining some ground.
Still more expensive with less mpgs

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Full scheduling notes from today (from where this Hybrid Maverick notice is from):
I saw an almost identical set of Scheduling Notes on another forum.
It looks just like this, but it starts with:

Scheduling Notes – New York Region (May Apply to Other Regions)

Are your Scheduling Notes from a particular region? I'm trying to get a sense of how widespread this is. (Probably nationwide, global, or pan-galactic -- but I can always hope.)

Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's unfortunate, but not really surprising. There are multiple articles about EV batteries having production supply problems, and some on reliablity. That's the main reason I went with the 2.0 from the beginning. For all of the hype, new technology has issues. Most on this site probably don't remember the frequency with which the DOS based computers crashed in the 80"s. The specific chips needed are likely just part of the problem for Ford. :rolleyes:
They’ve been using this basic hybrid drivetrain for years already and it has proven reliable.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honda is lost when it comes to trucks and SUVs. They don't offer much that excites me there...and I'm an Accord owner.
Doesn't necessarily have to be Honda, but I get what you're saying with their trucks and SUVs. I'm just saying any of the other automakers could spring a hybrid truck on us before Ford delivers. Some folks might like another brand and consider waiting for that instead of Ford. I have a higher trust in Toyota, and if they were to release a Maverick competitor, I'd consider them over Ford. With the supply/material and chip shortages equally impacting all auto manufacturers, I'd do my waiting on said Toyota compact truck over the Maverick.

Ford's attempt to corner the market might not be successful if these delays continue. They won't just have the Santa Cruz to contend with.

Lvsparky83

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m not even worried about it. I’m still enjoying no car payment, no reason to switch anything on my build because tomorrow will just be another item Ford can’t get, and I don’t want to end up with a stripped down pickup, and not be happy.

vladytom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vlady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Maverick XLT, Mazda, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"I'm sorry baby! Take me back! The grass was not greener on the other side. That girl (Ford) turned out to be nothing beneath the surface."
You know what they say... the greener grass on the other side may be due to a septic issue...
Sponsored