brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice. When I'm not in town, that type of driving is a lot of what I do in Northern MN and Western WI. I can usually get about 40mpg in my Corolla, would be awesome if I could beat that in the Mav.
Sponsored

hj630

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
with my experience with all my hybrid, mpg are best around 40-60 miles. so not surprised to see 50 mpg. but at highway over 70miles, the mpg drops significantly

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
with my experience with all my hybrid, mpg are best around 40-60 miles. so not surprised to see 50 mpg. but at highway over 70miles, the mpg drops significantly
As it does on most cars.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All cars are going to be more efficient between 40-60 than they are at 70+. The delta might be a bit more for hybrids, but that's mostly because they are more efficient at lower / more dynamic speeds.

This is why arguing that the EB is "about the same" as the hybrid on the highway is misplaced (not saying you're making this argument, but others do a lot). You make up a ton of ground with the hybrid when you're not going steady at 70+.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I will be happy when driving all freeway between OH and NC to get more than the 22 mpg that the Ridgeline has given me. No, it will not be 50 or 40 but 35 is a very reasonable expectation. +13 mpg is marvelous. If better, that is gravy.

Sponsored

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In the video they do a 30 second delay after the pump first clicks off then force more gas into the vehicles until it again shuts off. Doing that on the Maverick is possibly harmful:

WARNING: Stop refueling when the fuel pump nozzle automatically shuts off for the first time. Failure to follow this will fill the expansion space in the fuel tank.

The warning is from the Maverick User's Manual and is for both the Maverick Hybrid and EcoBoost.

Furling Hybrid.JPG

Fueling EcoBoost.JPG
Good Catch

maverick4natic

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Any truth to the INFOTAINMENT system being finicky?

Nothing they can fix with an update.

SactoJohn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat 2.0EB First Edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good numbers but the onboard calculator was way too optimistic. I’ve noticed on my EB that the computer has been averaging 2-3mpg better than what I calculate by hand.
I manually calculate every tank and compare to the computer. It seems when I travel mostly highway miles the computer is much closer to reality. (computer + <1 MPG, usually around .4 MPG difference) when towing and in town is when I see a bigger discrepancy. (computer + >1 MPG usually around 1.6 MPG)

I have almost 4000 miles on the truck already and overall I've been very happy with the MPG.

Sponsored

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The last two videos from them are making me forget about the loss of push button and proximity entry. I will miss them, but I will love the bed and the hybrid. (Before you quote me, you cannot get Lariat Hybrid in Canada)

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
Great MPG result!

Right on the money with the display issues. My wife’s bronco sport freezes up all the time. Ford should definitely get that fixed. It’s super frustrating when the radio channel locks up and takes attention away from the road. It’s bad enough that there’s no way to flip the stations on the wheel.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Their method of forcing more fuel after 30 seconds is specifically recommended against. That is probably a contributing factor to the 8mpg difference between manual calculation and trip computer. All of them are off somewhat, but that is >20%.

Fill to first click and stop. I'm not sure why they think forcing in extra somehow makes their results more valid.
Sponsored