First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GMC Canyon 3.5L (159k)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like to hear more about the infotainment bugs, and what's being done to address them if anything by Ford.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Big_T

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
Their method of forcing more fuel after 30 seconds is specifically recommended against. That is probably a contributing factor to the 8mpg difference between manual calculation and trip computer. All of them are off somewhat, but that is >20%.

Fill to first click and stop. I'm not sure why they think forcing in extra somehow makes their results more valid.
This is the methodology used on most shows when checking mpg…

FE Hyb. 710

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your vehicle knows to a very high level of precision how much fuel its putting into the engine. I'd wager either the error is intentional, or you're just suffering from the problem with most vehicles where when the vehicle reads 75mph you're actually only going 73mph on your GPS due to some built in error on the side of caution with regard to speed so you can't sue Ford when you get a speeding ticket.

First set of replacement tires I usually go just a tick higher profile for that reason to fix the speedo which in theory should also fix the MPG since the vehicle no longer thinks I traveled a further distance than I actually did that tank.
Another factor is the accuracy of the dispensers. I believe they filled up at 2 separate locations(so 2 different dispensers). I did not hear them say that they checked with the gas stations to see when the dispensers were last calibrated, so they adds another factor into the mpg calculation, most likely a negative one.

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe they filled up at 2 separate locations(so 2 different dispensers).
I thought they said in the video they went back to the same gas station and used the same pumps.

Sponsored

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good numbers but the onboard calculator was way too optimistic. I’ve noticed on my EB that the computer has been averaging 2-3mpg better than what I calculate by hand.
That’s what I said, but everyone on here wanted to burn me at the stake for hinting that the 2.0 might not be getting the numbers the computer says and that they should calculate at a fill-up to check.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Their method of forcing more fuel after 30 seconds is specifically recommended against. That is probably a contributing factor to the 8mpg difference between manual calculation and trip computer. All of them are off somewhat, but that is >20%.

Fill to first click and stop. I'm not sure why they think forcing in extra somehow makes their results more valid.
Yeah, I thought their 30 second rule was odd as well. Just fill it up to a click when you start, drive, and repeat at the pump again. Overfilling wouldn’t make it more accurate in my view.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s what I said, but everyone on here wanted to burn me at the stake for hinting that the 2.0 might not be getting the numbers the computer says and that they should calculate at a fill-up to check.
I doubt anyone wants to burn you at the stake over that! I don't think I've owned a vehicle without an overly optimistic fuel calculator (and we are pushing 20 different vehicles in just about as many years). I also don't believe it when someone throws out 2-3mpg either. One tank? yes, I've seen it myself in 3,600 miles so far, but overall I'm seeing about 4% optimistic, which is pretty standard fare.

Now would I prefer to be getting the overall 28.1 that is in my trip B display over my fuelly calculated 26.7? Of course! But that 26.7 beats my BEST 2019 Ranger tank by about 1.5mpg, and a fully 6mpg better over the time I owned it. I've also owned a Honda Element at several points, which got about as good as the Ranger with an anemic 160hp. Those numbers make a 250hp truck averaging 26.7mpg sound like witchcraft.

FE Hyb. 710

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I thought they said in the video they went back to the same gas station and used the same pumps.
You could be right, wasn't sure about that. Still, if the same pump is off by a 0.1 gallon or so, it could give results that weren't quite correct. I usually take the car display and combine with the pump information and get an average from those numbers.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
It’s bad enough that there’s no way to flip the stations on the wheel.
Wait, what?? Is this on a non-lux model or XL/XLT? The buttons on the bottom right (also control the phone) should switch the stations, no? At least I think they do on my wife's mustang but I don't really drive it that much to recall correctly.

Ford Maverick Hybrid Maverick 2.5 MPG Mileage Test - by TFL 1638457622107

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wait, what?? Is this on a non-lux model or XL/XLT? The buttons on the bottom right (also control the phone) should switch the stations, no? At least I think they do on my wife's mustang but I don't really drive it that much to recall correctly.

1638457622107.png
Yes you are correct they do control radio stations when the radio is on.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Yes you are correct they do control radio stations when the radio is on.
I'm guessing then if you don't have the Sync3, you don't have the ability to change stations on the wheel as those buttons would be missing?

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm guessing then if you don't have the Sync3, you don't have the ability to change stations on the wheel as those buttons would be missing?
Those buttons are on my XLT Lux, used the radio yesterday and they work for changing stations.

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme

1638457622107.png
Correction: I just learned something new on the Bronco sport and possibly the maverick. It does look like the phone with arrows on the right hand side will flip channels on the bronco sport. The up and down on the middle left hand side is for cruise control and the up and down on the middle right is to scroll through the main menu. Volume is bottom row left hand side.

Ford Maverick Hybrid Maverick 2.5 MPG Mileage Test - by TFL image
Sponsored