First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Know what I mean, know what I mean?
A nods as good as a wink to a blind bat, if you know what I mean... Say no more... Say no more.
Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love TFL, especially Andre he cracks me up.

This test was extremely awesome and germane to me because we have a mountain property in Western NC that the last 1-1.5 miles is on privately maintained (that term is used loosely) gravel roads that have a number of ruts, and washboard areas as well as some steep inclines and tight turns that bring your momentum down to nothing.

The wife's odyssey can get up it but it is not happy at all and I've only tried in good weather. Rain would probably make it very challenging - any snow would make it an absolute no. My Forester is like a mountain goat with no problems.

I do plan to put a slightly more aggressive tire on the MavBrid but nothing too serious. Glad to know it looks like it'll still climb the up the mountain roads loaded down for the weekend.

TFLtommy

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many clunkers
Hi Tommy,

I really enjoy your content! Serious question though - how did you get a hybrid? You guys have been playing with that for a couple of weeks now and they aren't officially available for delivery just yet AFAIK. I just assumed you guys have some relationship with Ford in order to get one.

In any case, your channel is fun to watch. Don't change a thing!
Yes, Ford sent us the Hybrid for a few weeks to test. Hopefully they will be swapping it out with a 2.0 FX4 in the next couple days!

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, Ford sent us the Hybrid for a few weeks to test. Hopefully they will be swapping it out with a 2.0 FX4 in the next couple days!
Can't wait to see the shenanigans! If you don't get a "wtf"call from Ford we will all be disappointed! You do want to disappoint us do you? Have fun!

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the review that sold me on buying the hybrid Mav.

What could be better, Ford? How about second batter pack with a rear electric motor?!

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Impressive! I'm gonna miss the on-demand 4WD capabilities of my Explorer Sport Trac but the little FWD Hybrid isn't too shabby and should handle most of what I expect to be using it for. Now if they just start rolling these babies out! Curious... How'd you guys lay your hands on a Hybrid Maverick for this video?

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tommy,

DON’T let Ford swap it out. Keep them both and show us how they compete. The flex bed creativity was spot on. Now, let’s see what tires and mods Ford will let y’all tinker with.

Ford…best marketing to let the fellas keep using the MaV like in this video. Ranchero package? LoL

Sponsored

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Damn. Great video. This is way more than I would ever do. The truck is definitely capable!

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
Pretty certain that bending the frame is an impossibility with this truck.
You've been driving a truck too long. Frames are simple to straighten. Unibody, when it bends, bends in many places at once. Talk to anyone at an auto body shop.

Now, that usually happens in a crash. Steady strain deformation can also occur. I bent the frame on my BMW before I learned to only use the jacking points. (I was autocrossing, so two tire changes per event.)

My one comment on the video is that they highlight the traction issues of the OEM tires when climbing the steep part of the hill. In other videos, they show the range of OEM tire performance, in this case, in snow. Continentals on the Maverick were not included, but I have to wonder if my AWD Escape's OEM Bridgestone Ecopias, that did so well in their video, might have climbed the hill a little better. I was very surprised by their winter performance, so was not surprised they would barely make 40K miles (changed at 34K before winter).

It'll be interesting to see what FWD can do with better rubber.

maverick4natic

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Super glad to see a Hybrid being put through its paces. Love all the little facts about the Mav. The longhorn fact was cool, and the Super Duty testing on tie downs!
Sponsored