Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I presented the truck this morning, the Service Advisor said I could not have the work done unless I was currently having a problem.
The 22B39 program letter is pretty specific that all vehicles that fall between the noted build dates are to have the service performed. A customer does NOT have had to experience a no-start failure in order to get the cable replaced.

I had mine done on Friday, they never even asked if I had experienced a no-start condition.
Sponsored

OP
OP
garnermike

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 22B39 program letter is pretty specific that all vehicles that fall between the noted build dates are to have the service performed. A customer does NOT have had to experience a no-start failure in order to get the cable replaced.

I had mine done on Friday, they never even asked if I had experienced a no-start condition.
Well, apparently some dealerships can't read. My experience was TWO visits to the dealer service department. The first resulted in them telling me that "corporate" required 22B39 service to be done only on Mavs that had experienced a no-start issue. The second visit happened after I had a no-start (dead) vehicle.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, apparently some dealerships can't read. My experience was TWO visits to the dealer service department. The first resulted in them telling me that "corporate" required 22B39 service to be done only on Mavs that had experienced a no-start issue. The second visit happened after I had a no-start (dead) vehicle.
Ask for "corporate" contact person??????

OP
OP
garnermike

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ask for "corporate" contact person??????
No need now. They put in the new wire harness.
Now I just have to deal with the Mav's randomly-occurring idiosyncratic e-glitches. On Day 1, everything electronic works fine. On Day 2, the interior dome lighting doesn't work nor does the intelligent door handle access. On Day 3, lane change alert vibration doesn't work. On Day 4, the radio goes on at random, by itself, whenever it wants to. On Day 5 and thereafter, I get to experience any one or more of these e-glitches happening--or not.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No need now. They put in the new wire harness.
Now I just have to deal with the Mav's randomly-occurring idiosyncratic e-glitches. On Day 1, everything electronic works fine. On Day 2, the interior dome lighting doesn't work nor does the intelligent door handle access. On Day 3, lane change alert vibration doesn't work. On Day 4, the radio goes on at random, by itself, whenever it wants to. On Day 5 and thereafter, I get to experience any one or more of these e-glitches happening--or not.
Watch this. Its $125 but usually on sale just under $100.
NOCO GENIUS10, 10A Smart Car Battery Charger, 6V and 12V Automotive Charger, Battery Maintainer, Trickle Charger, Float Charger and Desulfator for Motorcycle, ATV, Lithium and Deep Cycle Batteries https://a.co/d/28x7fUh

Sponsored

OP
OP
garnermike

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Watch this. Its $125 but usually on sale just under $100.
NOCO GENIUS10, 10A Smart Car Battery Charger, 6V and 12V Automotive Charger, Battery Maintainer, Trickle Charger, Float Charger and Desulfator for Motorcycle, ATV, Lithium and Deep Cycle Batteries https://a.co/d/28x7fUh
I have a nice little charger. And if I use it every third day or so, my e-issues will subside--until they return. My issue is this: Why do I have to go through that constant chore with a 2022 vehicle?

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My dealer keeps telling me that they haven't received the parts to fix this.

Flyangler

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Yeah, hard to determine why that shop was so highly rated.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a nice little charger. And if I use it every third day or so, my e-issues will subside--until they return. My issue is this: Why do I have to go through that constant chore with a 2022 vehicle?
Like almost all newer vehicles they use the 12v battery much more and very seldom get to rest at full charge if ever, so sulphation is increased along with acid stratification. Most likely your little "nice" charger will not adjust for temperature and either may overcharge (bad if even by very small (0.01v) or undercharge (not as bad). Also it most likely will not desulphate. Sulphation will result in battery being able to charge to 100% voltage level but only for that portion that is not sulphated up resulting in fewer amp hours withdrawn to lower the voltage to say 50% charge voltage than the original capacity. I had a 2012 Honda CRF which would "eat" a battery in about 2.5 years until I started to put my noco genius 5 on it every 4-6months. The last battery was still going at 64 months when I gave crv to granddaughter to take to college. (Was bad to give it to her because her sister, niece, and nephew all texted me with "thumbs up emojis"). FYI I am fortunate that in my lariat hybrid first edition I have had the overlay harness completed and have not seen any electrical issues before or after YET. Those experiencing deep sleep undoubtedly have some unknown factor or factors in common. My game plan is to upon a lights off or deep sleep giving dealer chance to replace battery under warranty or if he cannot I will buy one (shouldn't have to but cost is not worth the hassle) and take the old one and put my noco on it for a week or two then run repair mode and leave it on maintenance until need to swap out with the replacement. Of course I may just start putting my noco on it every 3-4 months. ???

OP
OP
garnermike

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And so...after having the under-seat battery changed about 4 months ago, and then the wiring harness fixed via the recall some weeks ago, I offer this new update:

With my convenience features (interior lighting, lane-change alert, intelligent access door handles) not working properly AGAIN, the dealership had my Mav for almost 3 weeks. When it was dropped off there, they did indeed see for themselves that those convenience features weren't working (I was so pleased about this, as I think they were getting the notion that they were dealing with a customer who was imagining things!). But, of course, when they took it into the shop, those features were then all working perfectly. Arggg!

So they parked it in the lot and every day the tech would check to see if the features were not working so he could take some diagnostics. Day after day they were working.

Finally, when I had just about given up hope that my Mav's issues would ever be resolved (I had actually started shopping for another vehicle), the tech finally saw that those features were not working. He took it into the shop bay and ran diagnostics. Those tests found that a bad BCM module was causing the intermittent failure of those convenience features (Hooray, finally a diagnosis!). They put in a new BCM module but testing/resetting still showed issues. They discovered that the 12v battery (that was installed a few months back) was bad (only "at 36%"). 12v battery was replaced (again). FYI, the module replacement required that both my keyfobs be re-programmed. Diagnostics then showed everything working and I was able to pick up my Mav.

It's now been 3 days and all convenience features are working correctly. Hoping that continues.

In sum, after almost 4 weeks of sitting/servicing at the dealership, after replacement of the wiring harness, after replacement of the BCM module, after having a total of three different 12v batteries (the factory original and two replacements) under the back seat, I now have my Mav back and SO FAR everything seems to be operating.

But stay tuned....
Sponsored