Sponsored

How many of you ordered a Maverick without even test driving it?

MAGPLM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands & 2023 Maverick AWD FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No test drives, just ordered a 2023 AWD XLT FX4 last Saturday. Just got my 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands that took 6 months to get. So hopefully I'm done buying new vehicles for a while. lol
Sponsored

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered early July 2021, test drive wasn’t an option. Drove a escape hybrid which had nearly identical specs. To Maverick.
Way better experience to my Prius. Expected a wimpy acceleration, so, floored it way early to get to highway speeds before the on ramp. Pinned myself and the poor salesperson to the seat.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The title says all... how many of you? I ordered a Maverick without even test-drive it first. I did sit inside of a Maverick (hybrid) at the dealer's lot and ordered a Maverick with EcoBoost.
Ordered sight unseen June 14, 2021.

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The first Maverick I drove, was the one I ordered nine months earlier. Picked it up on a Friday afternoon and drove it on a 1200 mile vacation Saturday morning.

Once the GF gets her Hybrid XLT.
We'll have one of each in the garage. 😁
I didn't realize how much the prices have increased on these trucks,especially the hybrids. Until I looked at her sales order this afternoon.

Her vehicle cost more than my EB XLT. My EB has the luxury package, tri-fold bed cover, spray in bed liner, CP360 and upgraded paint.

Hers a sunroof, CP360, inverter and all weather floor liners.

Last edited:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ive not driven one because none were available to drive. I have sat in a couple.....folks Ive seen that were getting in theirs at a parking lot and striking up a conversation. Didn't want to seem creepy or weird but they seemed happy to show me their maverick.
Ohh ive dont that a few times, a fellow club member even recognized me hanging out the window of my bronco gawking at em. Its totally normal.

Sponsored

Sjurgen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Spark, Toyota Prius, 1973 F100
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The title says all... how many of you? I ordered a Maverick without even test-drive it first. I did sit inside of a Maverick (hybrid) at the dealer's lot and ordered a Maverick with EcoBoost.
I tried & tried & tried. I asked dealer many times. Chased down a few I saw on the road to ask. Couldn’t find anyone with the truck I’m getting, so I gave up.

Dynawide

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cadillac ATS, 2011 Mustang, 2019 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have seen several in person but have not even so much as sat in one, still ordered it though.

EIlig

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor/'69 Porsche 911E/'15Porsche Cayman
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Guilty... Lariat Tremor. Didn't even sit in it. I can always flip it...

Mrkosmoo2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Trim
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The first time I sit in one will be in a few weeks when it's delivered about a year after ordering.

scottq68

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Likewise, I haven't driven or much less sat in one. But ordered an XLT hybrid yesterday in Gastonia. I have not been on a dealer lot since late 2014 when I bought my Camry - awesome car - zero problems - great mileage.
I had been researching the Maverick for a while - was really waiting on some more reliability data to come in - when I saw the 9/20 cutoff date and pulled the trigger.
Anyway...waiting...hopefully by spring.

Sponsored

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was gonna order regardless, I'm already familiar with the hybrid through work, where I drive a CMAX every day. About a week before I actually ordered my dealer ended up with several, I got to test drive a hybrid and it was.....basically a CMAX, lol, no difference in the driving experience, really. Even if that hadn't happened, I'd still be ordering. It's just the truck I want and need.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
I haven't even sat in one! Saw my first one in the wild months after ordering
I did, we have an Escape so I wasn’t completely in the dark 🤪
I also just turned 100,000 on my DD C-Max, great car.
When we finally got the Maverick, it was a pleasant surprise, no regrets so far.

Last edited:

GBmike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went to dealer Friday to order my Maverick. Had seen 2 on highway but never even sat in 1.
Sales guy says My dad has one, called him and Dad brought it over and let me drive it.
order was ready to go in and the drive just confirmed everything

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Didn't test drive. Didn't see one in the showroom. Didn't see one in real life. Still haven't received the Lariat Hybrid (10/05/22). Just ordered another one last night - XL Hybrid. I DID sit in an XLT for about 40 seconds last month at the dealership.
Sponsored