Sponsored

How many of you already own a hybrid vehicle ?

Call sign "Slick"

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Zero. I sold my 1965 Shelby 427 Cobra to order to order 2 Mavericks......1ea 2 liter Ecoboost and 1ea. 2.5 litre Hybrid. Jumped from the frying pan to the barely simmering teapot... LOL

pbrox

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL Mav, 2005 Forester, 2007 R1200GS
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My fiance has owned a 2012 Prius V for a few years, and while I fully went into it expecting to hate it, it won me over as a totally competent and practical car. I think of the Maverick as a big Prius with small truck bed, which is all I need and want in a vehicle!

AURktman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Frontier Pro-X
Engine
Undecided
My wife has a 2016 Prius. Its been extremely reliable and efficient for her, she has almost 100k miles on it.

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Zero. I sold my 1965 Shelby 427 Cobra to order to order 2 Mavericks......1ea 2 liter Ecoboost and 1ea. 2.5 litre Hybrid. Jumped from the frying pan to the barely simmering teapot... LOL
Would think you could get more than 2 Mavs for that car.

Comet

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid, Corolla Hybrid
Engine
Undecided
Have a hybrid Corolla LE - it get's 64MPG actual in our suburban/rural driving. Like it a lot even though it is a basic model - upgraded the sound system. Have a Hybrid Maverick Lariat lux. Love it for it's utility and features. It replaced a 98 4WD Ranger that had the frame rust out. The hybrid Lariat has much more power than the 6 cylinder Ranger.

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wife’s car is ‘21 Escape Hybrid, using it to learn some of the gizmos and quirks of this Hybrid Maverick that may still arrive this year.

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have a 2022 hyundai Sonata Hybrid. Real nice car. We average 50 mpg.

Sponsored

Brown0

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Own none. Driven several at work. The MPGs in the fusion hybrid amazed me the first time I drove it, because I had an EB fusion at the time and drove them the same. 45MPG vs 25 MPG. We now have a new Escape Hybrid, which is much nicer than our first gen 2005 which was terrible in general and on gas. The new Escape gets upwards of 40MPG also and drives great. We have an F-150 hybrid with some grabby brakes, which has me concerned for my incoming Maverick, but maybe I just need to learn to cope there.

Going from 20 MPG Explorer to 40+MPG Maverick is going to take some adjustment which I'm excited for.

Ferdinand

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am waiting for a Maverick FE which should be at the dealer in October. In the meantime I bought a 2022 Toyota Sienna (hybrid). Excellent choice as a family hauler (family of 4 plus 2 dogs). MPG is 36 to 41.
Sienna has no hitch, which i need, and cant be installed at dealership (seems to void the warranty).
Looking forward to receive my Mav. I will turn over the Sienna to my wife, upgrading from a Chevy Equinox.
That's means that we will finish up with 2 Hybrids. Mav will be my daily driver.

MoonJelly

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I own a PHEV (Honda Clarity). I just ordered a Maverick this last weekend, and who knows how long it will actually take to get to me.

As it stands I plan to just have the Mav as a 2nd, more recreational vehicle -- camping, fishing, day trips etc. I pondered an EB with AWD but I'm hooked on maximizing my MPG. If MY24 offers AWD hybrids, and/or if the PHEV Mav proves to be more than just a prototype, I will absolutely trade both cars in for that.

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had a 2016 Sonata Hybrid, traded in for a 2020. Just rolled over to 30,000 on our second long-distance trip this year. The on-board fuel mileage estimate for the trip so far is 53+, but I expect it to calculate at around 48 by the time we get home. Looking forward to getting the next gen when it comes out. Great transportation for the money, or at least was up to now.
Edit: just looked at the 22s build pages, quite a difference in options available, with heated/ventilated leather seats in the the base model, a must next time around.

Last edited:

Comet

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid, Corolla Hybrid
Engine
Undecided
forgot to mention cruise control is pretty worthless with a hybrid, when you drive one you will know.
Auto cruise control works fine on both my hybrid Corolla and Maverick.
Sponsored