Sponsored

How many of you ordered a Maverick without even test driving it?

erikdev

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra GT, 2015 Honda Civic
Didn't test drive one, but a salesperson let gave me a ride in his personal one.
Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stumbled onto the Maverick while researching Ridgelines and Tacomas, and ordered 1 week later on July 30, 2021. Got to sit in one 3 months later at a dealership who had a demo on site for the day. No test drive; just a lot of ogling and groping of the truck. I should have been arrested for some sort of crime against that machine. The night I drove it off the dealer lot was the first time driving it. No regrets. Very happy with the purchase.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered August 2021, picked it up in December of the same year. The first time I saw up close and sat in a Maverick was the truck I ordered.

Since I ordered through Chapman Ford, there was no deposit required so the worst case to me, I would be out the money for the Uber ride to/from the dealership. But once I saw it up close and sat in it/drove it, I knew I made a good choice.

My family balked at it a bit but to me at the time, what other options exist? A 70-100,000 mile couple year old used F150? A Ranger that’s 10-15k more often enough if you can find one? Trucks are stupidly expensive in my area so if I had to make the same gamble again, I would. Definitely worth it!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We test drove a Bronco Sport Badlands and genuinely liked it except the cargo was just too small for our dogs. The 2.0 really kicked and the suspension was nice and toight. It looked small but once inside we fit alot better. 6 months later we ordered on 1-16-22. Then last summer a taxi driver at work had one, as I was scoping it we got chatting and he let me sit in it. It was a xl hybrid not my XLT FX4/Tremor but I fit nice, even better than I remembered fitting the Bronco Sport. Other than that we have not driven one or tested or anything.

Sponsored

Krazyrabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage
Never even seen one in the wild! This is the first time I've ever ordered a vehicle, I've always chosen off the lot. I'm very excited about the Maverick but apprehensive about not being able to see it in person, to sit in the driver's seat and to take a substantial test drive. I'm one of those drivers who is fussy about the seat, I certainly need proper back support. Also, is the seat too long for my legs or is it hard a rock? If it doesn't adjust the height to the right level I usually have problems seeing over the dash. Finding a seat that fits me right is one of the major priorities in selecting the vehicle I end up with; so hope that the Maverick's suits me well!

Hot pepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The title says all... how many of you? I ordered a Maverick without even test-drive it first. I did sit inside of a Maverick (hybrid) at the dealer's lot and ordered a Maverick with EcoBoost.
Never drove one but I studied all road test videos. The dealer called me one day that he had one that was sold but I could not drive it, just looked at it and sat inside the truck. After waiting four months I got my MAV in February and love it! Read many horror stories but had no problems with my MAV. She's an EB, Hot Pepper Red FX4, CO-Pilot 360, FLR LNRS W/CARPETED MATS, Full size spare tire, Tail gate and wheel lock, Equipment Group 300A and bed Liner spray in.

tjw887

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Acura TL, 2003 F150 XLT 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw one in a parking lot last fall, did some research and tried finding a dealer with one to test drive or even just to sit in. After no luck for a few weeks I ordered one from a smaller dealer thinking I'd get ahead by avoiding bigger dealers with more orders. 😔 Still have never been in one, but according to Ford CS mine is in AZ as of 09/19/22 so hopefully that will be remedied soon.
Check with your dealer. once it get on the US train they loose visibilty. CS twice said mine was in AZ. called the salesman, he double checked to find out it had been delivered.

Reactions: Oso

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Stopped in the dealer to see if he had one on the lot. He did but it was sold so no test drive. I was able to climb all over and in it, kinda sorta lol. Liked what I saw so placed the order. This was in Jan. Dealer said if you don't like it we will buy it back from you. Not, you don't have to take it (so we can flip it) but we will buy it back. At that point I was not concerned about ordering without a test drive.

Sponsored

SgtPebbles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've only seen one Mav at a dealer, and was able to grope it a little but no test drive.

Guy_K

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The title says all... how many of you? I ordered a Maverick without even test-drive it first. I did sit inside of a Maverick (hybrid) at the dealer's lot and ordered a Maverick with EcoBoost.
I was aware of the Maverick when the tailgate image was first leaked. From that point on I scoured the internet looking for as much information as I could. I had already decided that my next vehicle would be a hybrid so I was very happy to hear that the base package would be a hybrid. I ordered one based solely on what I had read online. I am extremely happy that Ford built this truck for a reasonable price and that I was able to buy one.
I am also happy to be a part of this great community to share experiences and knowledge about a great truck!

Daverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I heard about it first, but I'm a big guy so needed to at least sit in one before ordering so I went to 2021 Chicago Auto Show, did my thing, and ordered a few days later.
First Maverick test drive was 8 months later on delivery, but I did test drive a hybrid Escape prior-to since I was told they drive very similarly.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Filled out the online form for an XL Hybrid and a month later the dealer called and said he had a Maverick on the lot. Went to look at it and I sat in it, but it was an XLT EB. Said I wasn't interested and he said we could order the one I want but it might take as much as 90 days to get it (lol, I'm going on a year now but I have a VIN).

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have not driven one, I have sat in one, and taken a ride in one. However, if you are itching to drive one, try renting one for a couple days on Turo.
You can rent one?
Sponsored