First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid XLT Cactus Grey, 23 Hybrid XLT Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve owned two. A 2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid and the one I ordered, a 2023 HPR XLT Hybrid with the BAP. Paid less than MSRP (not much less) for both. Got a crazy amount of trade in for my 2022.

VERY happy with my 2023
(4). A 2022 EB XL, a 2023 Lariat Hybrid and 2 2023 XLT Hybrids. None were ordered by me and all were at MSRP. The dealer allowed over MSRP for the trades, so after taxes and registration fees I’m into my XLT’s for a great price.
Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

2. A 1973 coupe with a 5.0, bought it for $20 in 1994, sold it for $500 the next day. And my 2023 XL Hybrid which I'm keeping.

AncientMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only one, and it will be the only one. :ROFLMAO: Loss from an accident? Wouldn't get another one.
Mavericks certainly aren’t a “one size fits all” vehicle. Do you have an alternative in mind for your next purchase?

Samcat13

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat '22'
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1 1/2 going on
22 Lariat EB fully loaded. NO Nav. Alto Blue
23 Lariat EB fully loaded including Nav. To many parts didn't fit right. Hood, door. rear quarter, and tailgate. Cactus Gray. Refused Delivery.
Ford Maverick How many Mavericks have you owned? 2023 Maverick (3)

24 Lariat Hybrid Fully loaded. Cactus Gray. Ordered.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mavericks certainly aren’t a “one size fits all” vehicle. Do you have an alternative in mind for your next purchase?
The Maverick does suite me rather well, size, fuel economy, just about everything. I just have had all my Ford fears realized with this vehicle and will never buy another Ford again. Fool me once, but never again. When the warranty on the Maverick runs out I'll likely do what I've always done before, buy a used Toyota with 100k miles on it and and drive it another 150-200k trouble free miles on till I'm tired of it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AncientMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick does suite me rather well, size, fuel economy, just about everything. I just have had all my Ford fears realized with this vehicle and will never buy another Ford again. Fool me once, but never again. When the warranty on the Maverick runs out I'll likely do what I've always done before, buy a used Toyota with 100k miles on it and and drive it another 150-200k trouble free miles on till I'm tired of it.
Used Toyotas are hard to beat, fortunately I haven’t had the same experience with my Mavericks as you. The only downside to the Toyota product is the well deserved reputation premium, even a used one is going to be pricey. One more question, it sounds like you have good reason to be done with Mavericks so why do you bother coming to this forum? I’m not trying to be snarky because you have every right to be here, but I don’t understand why you still come and participate.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

One more question, it sounds like you have good reason to be done with Mavericks so why do you bother coming to this forum? I’m not trying to be snarky because you have every right to be here, but I don’t understand why you still come and participate.
To be clear, nothing is mechanically wrong with my truck, other than what there are recalls for. It's just buggy and has some poor build quality and software aspects. As a result I just don't trust it to not get very expensive to maintain in the long run, given the problems these trucks have already while new. That is the only reason I don't intend to keep it long term, unless my current impression changes. If it does I'll drive it till it dies. I just don't see myself buying another Ford after this.

There is plenty of useful information here for an owner, why else is anyone here? Information about issues, information about recalls. Chatting about the tech, mods, what we use the truck for and such. One does not need to be a Ford fanboy to be here, do they?

AncientMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To be clear, nothing is mechanically wrong with my truck, other than what there are recalls for. It's just buggy and has some poor build quality and software aspects. As a result I just don't trust it to not get very expensive to maintain in the long run, given the problems these trucks have already while new. That is the only reason I don't intend to keep it long term, unless my current impression changes. If it does I'll drive it till it dies. I just don't see myself buying another Ford after this.

There is plenty of useful information here for an owner, why else is anyone here? Information about issues, information about recalls. Chatting about the tech, mods, what we use the truck for and such. One does not need to be a Ford fanboy to be here, do they?
Logical and reasonable. 👍

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Look at my photo and read below. I have had both and loved them. Love the hybrid gas mileage the best. 🤟
I also bought 2 Jim, one of each version.

My summary, the hybrid is practical. The turbo AWD is FUN!

Last edited:
Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I bought 2 also Jim, one of each version.

My summary, the hybrid is practical. The turbo AWD is FUN!

100% agree with you. Hybrid is also fun, but notably not as fast as Eco-Boost.

Hillbilly

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2 ecoboosts. Ordered both, still happy with both. "22 XL, 23 XL,T

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’ve owned two. A 2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid and the one I ordered, a 2023 HPR XLT Hybrid with the BAP. Paid less than MSRP (not much less) for both. Got a crazy amount of trade in for my 2022.

VERY happy with my 2023
Three. While waiting for my first one (XLT) I wanted to upgrade (Lariat) so I had to order another one. Traded in #1 for #2. Totaled the Lariat so I bought another off the lot.
Sponsored