Sponsored

How many guitars can you put in a Maverick's bed?

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received my 2023 Area 51 XLT on October 12, 388 days after ordering her. I decided to find out how many guitars could fit into the bed of the truck. The results are far from complete. But I was able to fit three Martins, one Gibson, and four Fenders without any trouble at all. Lots more room there. This works. And I'm loving the way she drives.
Guitars in Maverick.JPG
... better leave room for a shotgun case because the person riding shotgun in the cab sure better have one close by...
Sponsored

OP
OP
B. Maverick

B. Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kia Niro; battered NIssan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As a guitar player...............you clearly need more guitars.
I have this tee shirt. On the back there's a picture of a hand with crossed fingers. My wife is from South America, so I had to explain that to her. Not sure she was amused, but the bruises have faded. She once asked me why I needed more than one guitar, because I could only play one at a time. I asked if she was trying out to be a Facebook meme.
Ford Maverick How many guitars can you put in a Maverick's bed? My Last Guitar

RobbieAG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL EB AWD 4k Tow CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm glad you've confirmed I can fit my eight guitars in my Maverick when I get it! :D

Iron Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid - 2019 HD Road Glide
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here’s a small sampling of my collection. I was a drummer for over 30 years, but when I retired from my day job 12 years ago, I decided to start a new hobby. I now have 50 guitars total. I don’t think I could fit them all in my maverick.
Ford Maverick How many guitars can you put in a Maverick's bed? IMG_0051
Ford Maverick How many guitars can you put in a Maverick's bed? IMG_0055
Ford Maverick How many guitars can you put in a Maverick's bed? IMG_0045

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I received my 2023 Area 51 XLT on October 12, 388 days after ordering her. I decided to find out how many guitars could fit into the bed of the truck. The results are far from complete. But I was able to fit three Martins, one Gibson, and four Fenders without any trouble at all. Lots more room there. This works. And I'm loving the way she drives.
Guitars in Maverick.JPG
Sounds like music to my ears! See if you can fit a couple of Gretsch guitars across the back,

Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Guitars in Maverick.JPG
Sounds like music to my ears! See if you can fit a couple of Gretsch guitars across the back,

OP
OP
B. Maverick

B. Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually, one of those "Fenders" is a Tele with Gretsch pickups. And another one is a Tele with Charlie Christian pickups. I try to be flexible.

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Guitars in Maverick.JPG

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was a vocalist with a couple gigging bands decades ago when I had hair. I reckon I could squeeze a decent PA and mixing board in the bed... Maybe we can start a band -- The Travelin' Mavs!

OP
OP
B. Maverick

B. Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here’s a small sampling of my collection. I was a drummer for over 30 years, but when I retired from my day job 12 years ago, I decided to start a new hobby. I now have 50 guitars total. I don’t think I could fit them all in my maverick.
IMG_0051.jpeg
IMG_0055.jpeg
IMG_0045.jpeg
Oh, my, those look nice. Alas, I only have 25, which never feels like quite enough. I'll be coming through your neck of the woods next spring, I think. An old bandmate lives in Seattle, and it's time to go see him and make some noise. Lemme know if you're gigging around Portland - I'll be dropping in on my niece in P-town on my way north.

Sponsored
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Guitars in Maverick.JPG
I would suggest putting a bed mat in so nothing will slide. Even if you have a spray in liner put in, I would still put a mat in too as the spray in liner is rough and will scratch your cases. Nice collection by the way.:love:

Iron Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid - 2019 HD Road Glide
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Oh, my, those look nice. Alas, I only have 25, which never feels like quite enough. I'll be coming through your neck of the woods next spring, I think. An old bandmate lives in Seattle, and it's time to go see him and make some noise. Lemme know if you're gigging around Portland - I'll be dropping in on my niece in P-town on my way north.
My gigging days are pretty much behind me. I did play out a lot back in the day. The bar scene here in Portland is pretty rough anymore. At age 65, I don’t like packing my drums around anymore. My guitar playing is pretty much limited to the Living room. When you get in town, give me a shout.
Ford Maverick How many guitars can you put in a Maverick's bed? IMG_2552

iWayner

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Guitars in Maverick.JPG
Well played!
Sponsored