stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait, is that true (not that I’m doubting you) I just hadn’t seen those numbers before. That’s interesting some of the over 70 crowd have co-morbidities so that 5.2 % increase might be the maine factor. We live in interesting times.
That data was pulled straight from the CDC website. Although average age of death from COVID is dropping, I believe it is still quite a bit higher than average life expectancy. Interesting times indeed.
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have 15 patients currently that have tested positive. Most do fine, little to no symptoms. Those that are on oxygen, as of this evening, have prior health conditions that are moderately serious to begin with. This Delta spreads like a fire, it is no joke.
As a Critical Care Practitioner, my ICU holds 33 patients, 31 are COVID positive, all under 30. 3 are young women who had emergency C-sections as we couldn't keep their O2 levels higher than 83.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Me the wife and the kid all had it back in November of 2020. Found out the kid is A symptomatic which is probably where me and the wife got it because he showed no signs at all. It was a rough week and a half didn't need to be hospitalized but just stayed home. We are all doing good now. I have a little cough that has stuck around usually once a day.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Although average age of death from COVID is dropping, I believe it is still quite a bit higher than average life expectancy.
That's a tricky statistic to interpret.

Life expectancy in the USA is about 78.5 years at birth, but it changes as you get older. If you are 80, for example, you have a remaining life expectancy of about 9-10 years.

It's like having a 1941 Ford Super Deluxe Business Coupe that has decent paint, decent interior, and runs reliably. Sure, most cars of that vintage have been junked long ago. But you're still going to be really unhappy if someone t-bones you at a light.

rickon66

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2.0 Turbo
Got a phone call from my sister at 9am Monday, my 94 year old father tested positive for Covid. The assisted living place kicked him out for 10 days and I was the only one who could care for him. He has no significant symptoms, but no I am waiting to see if I get it. My wife is staying at relatives until he can go back to the home. He has short term memory loss and can't figure out what is going on, very sad to see.

Sponsored

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got a phone call from my sister at 9am Monday, my 94 year old father tested positive for Covid. The assisted living place kicked him out for 10 days and I was the only one who could care for him. He has no significant symptoms, but no I am waiting to see if I get it. My wife is staying at relatives until he can go back to the home. He has short term memory loss and can't figure out what is going on, very sad to see.
Sorry to hear that brother! Send you my prayers and lots of positive energy to get through this without any harm for either one of you.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had covid last year no biggie. Temp maxed at 99.5, tired, no taste no smell about 6 days done. No one else in house got it. Guess its not as contagious as advertised.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Had covid last year no biggie. Temp maxed at 99.5, tired, no taste no smell about 6 days done. No one else in house got it. Guess its not as contagious as advertised.
Its not that simple. Each and every person is different has a different immune system response. Many patients have had long term issues after recovered.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MaverickAngler

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its not that simple. Each and every person is different has a different immune system response. Many patients have had long term issues after recovered.
It’s true. I’m still off work since 8/25. Spent 8 days in the hospital. Have $100,000 in medical bills and am still recovering. So I have both medical and financial issues still

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
It’s true. I’m still off work since 8/25. Spent 8 days in the hospital. Have $100,000 in medical bills and am still recovering. So I have both medical and financial issues still
Sorry to hear that man. I wish you the best of luck with you're recovery. Keep you're head up.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry to hear that. hope you get better. soon!

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
How are you doing at home? Are you getting home physical therapy?

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
Daughter had it early on, fever, fatigue, loss if smell and taste. Subsided after 2 wks under doctors care. Just heard from her she is experiencing flu like symptoms, fatigue, body aches and this is after getting the Pfizer and booster shot over a month ago.
Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery, use mask, hand sanitizers and latex gloves until this pandemic has run its course. I feel it is spreading again due to people being complacent thinking it is a one and done deal. Not true, look to 1918 as a guide as to how long this is really going to be with us.
Sponsored