First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To whom it may concern I am back home. Spent 8 days in the hospital. Worst time of my life for sure. Thanks for those that have really helped me through this. I had some DMs come in that meant a lot and really helped me advocate for myself when I would have been lost
Good for you man, glad your on the mend.
Sponsored

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No need to be scared! Here are your survival percentages if you get Covid. This info. is straight from the CDC.

0-19 yrs of age = 99.997 % chance of survival!
20-49 yrs= 99.98%
50-69 yrs= 99.5%
70+ yrs = 94.7 %

Don't Worry!
Wait, is that true (not that Iā€™m doubting you) I just hadnā€™t seen those numbers before. Thatā€™s interesting some of the over 70 crowd have co-morbidities so that 5.2 % increase might be the maine factor. We live in interesting times.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
We lost one patient this year (2021) where I work as a nurse. She just died in the last 24 hours. However, she was very sick to begin with and would need oxygen prior to her onset of Covid. This latest 'Delta' variant is like a flamethrower in a lumber mill.

As for masks and there effectiveness, we typically have approx. 18 to 24 cases of influenza each year. Since Covid brought on more frequent wearing of masks and other PPE our cases (flu) have dropped to less than 6 during last year. Only sharing not open a debate of 'are masks effective', just that in some cases, such as this, it is measurable.
I guess I'm repeating myself....But please listen...
I agree....
Last year mask, social distancing, and fewer people Vaccinated ....Covid was tanking...This year...More people Vaccinated....no mask...no social distancing....Bigger numbers than even last year
People even if you are vaccinated(You can still get and spread Covid) WEAR Your Mask! and social distance be safe and use the mask and social distancing as the second line of defence against this Delta Variant

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess I'm repeating myself....But please listen...
I agree....
Last year mask, social distancing, and fewer people Vaccinated ....Covid was tanking...This year...More people Vaccinated....no mask...no social distancing....Bigger numbers than even last year
People even if you are vaccinated(You can still get and spread Covid) WEAR Your Mask! and social distance be safe and use the mask and social distancing as the second line of defence against this Delta Variant
Ironically, as I write this, my son and I are quarantined. He is positive an I tested negative. Interesting that I currently have the same symptoms as he does. Difference, I got the vaccine and he did not, due to being under 12. I am grateful I did as my symptoms are not that bad.

Dreams

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
To whom it may concern I am back home. Spent 8 days in the hospital. Worst time of my life for sure. Thanks for those that have really helped me through this. I had some DMs come in that meant a lot and really helped me advocate for myself when I would have been lost
Glad you are better and home safe.

Sponsored

Dreams

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Ironically, as I write this, my son and I are quarantined. He is positive an I tested negative. Interesting that I currently have the same symptoms as he does. Difference, I got the vaccine and he did not, due to being under 12. I am grateful I did as my symptoms are not that bad.
You both get well quickly.

OP
OP
MaverickAngler

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™m no professional but if you or your son get bad at all go to the hospital right away. There are better treatments available if you go in early. I feel like I waited a day or two to long before going to the er

john218

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Mercedes C300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got Covid at 62 years young even though I was always masked outside of my home, social distancing and washing hands compulsively. Interestingly and thank god my wife did not get it (from me). My taste capability still sucks and have dropped 18 pounds after recovering (it was needed). Since have got vaccinated and still wearing mask šŸ˜·

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I started symptoms 8/24/21, fully vaccinated so it is Breakthrough - not too bad with the symptoms! I am just this weekend feeling strong again.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™m no professional but if you or your son get bad at all go to the hospital right away. There are better treatments available if you go in early. I feel like I waited a day or two to long before going to the er

This^^^^^

My dad is 70 and got Covid. His doctor was able to give him stuff that kept it from metastasizing to his lungs. I suspect that might have saved his life, or at very least made the recovery much easier than it could have been. From what my dad was told, once it gets in your lungs, thats when it gets rough.

Sponsored

Skyduder

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Increase your chances of being around to drive a Maverick, get the vaccine!
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States had an average of 136,000 COVID-19 cases, 11,750 hospitalizations and more than 1,000 deaths in its most recent seven-day period, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said on Friday.

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have covid and Iā€™m scared. Was hoping to just hear from people that have been there and one that for some encouragement šŸ˜¬
Hope you get well. Just do what the doctor tells you. And you'll be fine. My brother had it he got through it, you should too.

MomaK61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Subaru Ascent
I was positive tested on 8/16. I agree it can be scary. I was lucky not to have to stay at the hospital but i was there they found out i had covid pnuemonia. I had to do steroids and antibiotics and it got a bit worse but now on a stronger antibiotic. So far able to stay out of hospital and oxygen levels doing good. Its been over three weeks for me so hang in there. You will feel better it just takes time.

Erniek

First Name
Earnest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GLK350, Ford 1997 F150 4x4, 2019 civic ex
The wife and I are on day 9. Sill feel like crap but getting better.

Minister Lewis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Altima Coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My friend just passed away a few hours ago from covid and pneumonia. He was a mechanic who really hates fords. I couldn't wait to get a Maverick just to see him working on one lol. I'm going to really miss my buddy.
Sponsored