Sponsored

Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back?

FunctionSpec

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick HYBRID XLT LuxPkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I cant hold myself back from getting the front door windows tinted but I dont think I want them as dark as the rear windows. If anyone has had them tinted a lighter shade than the back I would love to see how it looks. Thanks
I have mine tinted 70% front windows and front windshield. Got Johnson Films InsulatIR nano-ceramic and the lighter 70% tints have a slight blue hue to them but give the best performance at blocking heat. This is how it looks if you barely want to tint the fronts :LOL:
Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? 2023-03-06 15.45.15-1
Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? mavericksid

So the percent is the percent transmission number.

Limo tint (blackout) is 5%.

In California you can do any darkness you want on the rear window as long as you have two side mirrors. Yep. If you want only one side mirror on the driver's side you can. If the rear is untinted. You can have any darkness you want for rear side windows.

Fronts can only be 70% (transmission) so 30% dimmed.

You can use non-reflective of any tint for the "eyebrow" down to the AS1 line. Or 4" if there is no AS1 line. You can't legally tint the windshield below the eyebrow.
Front sides are AS2 glass so factory glass is 70% VLT. Adding even 70% tint to the front side windows darkens it a bit so technically it's "illegal" even to put any tint on the front side windows if it has AS2 glass.
Sponsored

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here is one shade lighter, my tint guy always goes darker, this time I asked please go one shade lighter. Barely can tell in some light. Very pleased with it. I was more worried about the scratches on plastic. They put sticky plastic over to protect, no scratches!...yet...

84D41E2C-2FA4-49A5-8948-498AB65F2D7D.jpeg

7C98B885-953E-428D-B439-C2CA89476927.jpeg
Looks great! How much did you pay?

Tremor guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with ceramic 50% for the front much better for night driving

OP
OP

jpv74

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the replies. You guys are really helping me make the right decision the first time. FUNCTION SPEC ....thank you.....that is exactly what I was looking for! Perfect pic and I like the light tint. Even with a light tint I would imagine it helps significantly to keep the UV off the driver on those blazing sun days....and certainly would keep the truck cooler.

Sponsored

That1guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I cant hold myself back from getting the front door windows tinted but I dont think I want them as dark as the rear windows. If anyone has had them tinted a lighter shade than the back I would love to see how it looks. Thanks
I live in Texas and we have state laws regarding how dark your window tint can be. Because of this, I have ceramic window tint (polarized) that is as dark as I can legally go for the passenger windows and rear window. the front driver and passenger windows are lighter. Still dark but a difference for sure.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Immmmmmm baaaaaaaack. Well you were right to some degree. I looked at a bunch of jumbled pics with no info or option to click on links to go further into worm holes. I was able to find a couple that used 35% on the fronts. But hey...my question still stands. If someone has tinted the fronts a lighter old guy non gangsta style tint and has a good side view of it I would
Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? IMG_20230622_093147
Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? IMG_20230622_093202
Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? IMG_20230622_093214
Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? IMG_20230622_093047
Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? IMG_20230622_093236
appreciate it.
I did 35% ceramic on front door windows and 20% ceramic on all three rear. Really pleased with ceramic with their heat reduction assist. Vision from inside is excellent. Pardon bird deposit on passenger door window.🤗

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am pretty surprised to read that California only allows 70% transmission on the front doors, never having lived there but visited a few times and I thought I saw plenty of cars with dark tint all around. You'd want that in Palm Springs or anywhere near DV I'm sure.

Pretty much everyone just rolls illegal. Every state. 🤣

dillon0224

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had the front windows tinted same percentage as the back. I also added a slight tint to the windshield. No issues with visibility.

Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? PXL_20230622_150338942

Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? PXL_20230622_150323777

Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? PXL_20230622_150318322

Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? PXL_20230622_150313316

Sponsored
OP
OP

jpv74

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great thanks for the pics

Silverado90

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Georgia sunshine makes tinting essential. I was burning up before.
I did 35% CTX ceramic on front door windows and 5% ceramic on windshield with a strip. Really pleased with ceramic with their heat reduction assist. Vision from inside is excellent. Ceramic highly recommended.

Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? IMG_0204

Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? IMG_0203

Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? IMG_0202

Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? IMG_0201

Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? IMG_0200

Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? IMG_0199

Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? IMG_0198

OP
OP

jpv74

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the details and pic set. She looks great. I never thought of the windshield or even the back window but now u guys have me on the right track.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? 20220715_174337

I had 30% done in the front, and 30% on top of the factory tinted rears.

Also did the entire windshield, but I forget the percentage. It wasn't too much where it would be noticeable by the lawman, but definitely helped with the heat.

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I plan on doing the following, if I ever get my truck. It should stay nice and cool with little need to run the A/C.

Full windshield 56% Huper Optic i3 Ceramic or Air Ceramic 70%

Front 15% Huper Optic i3 Ceramic

Back windows and bed 56% Huper Optic i3 Ceramic (12.32% after putting on top of factory 22%)
Sponsored