Sponsored

Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back?

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No state allows windshield tint. Most only allow 35% on front windows. And yes cops do pull people over for dark tint and cite them. Had a friend bought a used car and didn't pay attention to the tint. Pulled over by trooper on way home from used car dealer, cited and given a defect. She wasn't happy with the dealer and made them take it off.

I know some cops will impound a car for excess tint and it can't be released until the tint is legal. But they can't get in too remove it so it sits.

No matter what you want, dark tint, ceramic or not, is dangerous at night in low light areas.
Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? 200w

Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? 001

15% Front, 5% Rear.

Come and take it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jpv74

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow......thats the other end of the spectrum right there. I cant afford all of those whistles and bells but she looks great!

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok everyone I appreciate the replies and the pics as well. I opted for the ceramic Pinnacle tint at 50% and I am very happy with my choice. I can see very well through the windows and they block half the heat and 99% UV which is a no brainer. Of course they look lighter or darker depending on the background but over all this is a light tint and legal in Virginia where I live. I will include a before after pic.

20230711_114919 (1).jpg

20230711_134529 (1).jpg
Wow......thats the other end of the spectrum right there. I cant afford all of those whistles and bells but she looks great!

Thank you. Yours looks great.

I've lived in VA. Cops there love to harass people for simple stupid stuff and I wouldn't give them a reason there. In Montana - they couldn't care less. What a petty thing to bother people for. Crazy thing is... states like VA and NY I have seen cops use unmarked vehicles with 5% tint all around.

Funny how that works...

sic semper tyrannis?

OP
OP

jpv74

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ya thats why I kept mine very basic......the older I get I just dont like the sun micro waving me through my drivers window so I had to knock it down a bit. Since i am gunna rock the steelies and the bone stock look hopefully they wont waste their time pulling me over.....and if they do the tint receipt will be in the glove box.

CactusJack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Tint guy told me I'd need to probably do 15%-20% to match. I told him that was too dark for me and to do 30% so I still have the option to see at night.

Ford Maverick Has anyone gone with a window tint for the front door windows that is a shade lighter than the back? 20230415_110607

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited: