Sponsored

Front door window tint to match factory rear window tint?

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick, like many Ford vehicles, coves with privacy tint for the rear door windows. Does anyone know which tint brands readily match with the factory tint?
Sponsored

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick, like many Ford vehicles, coves with privacy tint for the rear door windows. Does anyone know which tint brands readily match with the factory tint?
I've made tint my final offer on the last 4 new cars we've bought. After the 3rd or 4th trip to "run this by my boss" tell the sales person you'll take their offer IF they'll tint the front windows.
They'll either be able to take your counter offer or return in a couple minutes with an OK we have a deal (y)

Then you tell him to put on the order to match the front to the rear as closely as legally possible.

OP
OP

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've made tint my final offer on the last 4 new cars we've bought. After the 3rd or 4th trip to "run this by my boss" tell the sales person you'll take their offer IF they'll tint the front windows.
They'll either be able to take your counter offer or return in a couple minutes with an OK we have a deal (y)

Then you tell him to put on the order to match the front to the rear as closely as legally possible.
I don't feel like I'll have much leverage due to a pre-order and use of X-Plan. If I walk, they'll likely mark it up and sell it to someone else.

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't feel like I'll have much leverage due to a pre-order and use of X-Plan. If I walk, they'll likely mark it up and sell it to someone else.
Ask you salesperson who they use.
Use them, ask for the "good ol boy deal" be sure to mention your an X plan customer from your dealership.

Sponsored

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only caution is that the level of tin applied is likely close to the legal limit in states that regulate the front seat side window tint. I'd be a bit leery of someone willing to tint to whatever level desired without concern for legal authorities giving some input miles/months down the road, roadside..
tom

graesack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Only caution is that the level of tin applied is likely close to the legal limit in states that regulate the front seat side window tint. I'd be a bit leery of someone willing to tint to whatever level desired without concern for legal authorities giving some input miles/months down the road, roadside..
tom
Good points.

Lukass

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma, 5 speed 2.7
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
tom
Doesn't matter

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thatā€™s what I did along with a couple other things. They agreed to the hood deflector, tinting the front windows/windshield eyebrow and the tailgate strut. Sounded good until I found out they took the strut off my 22 and tried to take the hood deflector off but couldnā€™t. After the botched job on installing the the new hood deflector they supposedly ordered another one 10 days ago but I still havenā€™t heard that itā€™s inšŸ˜– It better come soon or they wonā€™t like my Google review!

Sponsored

hdave

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Alto Blue Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My tint guy measured the rear windows which clocked in at ~25%. He said there will always be some variation from factory.

For ceramic, he had 20% and 35%, I chose 35% for the front since I didn't want to go darker than the back.

RedRider

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion, 2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I assume that you are in Washington state, where max tint is 24% on the side windows and none on the front and back. Front tinting may look kewl to some weirdos, but its a pain in the ass in night driving. Also, a cop needs to clearly see your hands when he is at the window.
Sponsored