Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like to see a youtube video where someone checks how many miles a Hybrid maverick will go on 0 miles to empty before it dies.

There's a video of a Ford Fusion that went 53 miles on 0 miles to empty.
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This madlad went to a Mad Max Wasteland level of ZILCH left in the gas tank of an ecoboost. For science!

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you don't live up in the hills and are in a flat area, I think you should get easily this kind of mpg. Up and down the hill is what costs me most of my mpg.

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Similar story here. I also had a 90ish mile commute. I don't like running below half a tank of fuel, so I'd go to the gas station every other day. With 600 miles of range, it'd be a rotating once-a-week fill-up.

Hybrids do great on the freeway but city is where they really shine. Heck I'd be tempted to drive more once I get a hybrid or PHEV because of that. Short hops of a couple miles aren't great for a gasoline vehicle, but a hybrid or PHEV is basically designed for that kind of environment.
"Cubican" says: "Here’s my results of a tank full on my work truck most of it was highway driving about 80/20 split."

So from that I would say the hybrid does excellent mpg on the highway also....

t88-supra

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Escape Plug in Hybrid, 97 EVO 4, 69 Mach-1
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
in comparison, my best so far is 39 mpg in the cold Colorado climate and utilizing remote start a few times.... 70 hgy 30 city for me

Sponsored

Deleted member 9167

If they release a Hybrid AWD, I am ordering one immediately.

While I like my Ecoboost, I wish I had a +500 mile tank range.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

… I’m almost positive there is at least 20 miles left after 0. Wonder if electric cars do this at all or your just dead 💀.
Yes and No. Electric vehicles have a false EMPTY, that’s still basically 20% left in the battery but the car enters a Safe Mode or Turtle, where your limited to 40 MPH to hopefully find a place to safely pull over and recharge.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes and No. Electric vehicles have a false EMPTY, that’s still basically 20% left in the battery but the car enters a Safe Mode or Turtle, where your limited to 40 MPH to hopefully find a place to safely pull over and recharge.
Hmm I thought the FULL battery is rated at about 1.5 miles going pretty darn slow. Do you have more info about this?

OdinStormfist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am excited by this. My current 2018 Jeep Renegade is getting like 19MPG in the city where most of my driving is my work commute is about a 10-12min drive in city environment. On the highway I get around 28-29MPG with it so I really can’t wait to see this kind of savings With the Maverick.

Sponsored

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like to see a youtube video where someone checks how many miles a Hybrid maverick will go on 0 miles to empty before it dies.

There's a video of a Ford Fusion that went 53 miles on 0 miles to empty.
This might help.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/how-many-miles-can-a-car-go-on-empty/

I have taken my Mustang down to two miles to empty. It took a little over 14 gallons to fill it up at that point. With a 15 gallon tank, I probably had another 15 miles before I really ran out of gas.

I might try this with the hybrid at some point -- take it down to 10 miles to go and see how much gas it takes to fill up.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think it's a good idea to run any car completely out of gas. Summertime smarter than me should chime in, but I think that could be bad for fuel tank ( which is pressurized) and/or fuel pump.

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
My first tank on regular mode 548.7 miles I tried eco a few times. I got 39.2 mpg, when I got it it had 19 miles for some reason. I drove about 50% highway 50% street, it is very hilly in my area. It seamed to pickup mpg when I was on the highway for some reason. After my second tank of gas I put it in sport mode and couldn't believe how fast it was but the mileage dropped by a large amount. So far the second tank looks like about 540 miles and 36ish mpg. I have never had a vehicle with this kind of range, I’m still learning but I need to figure out the 600 mile secret.

Ford Maverick Got 600 miles on full tank... Hybrid Maverick rocks! EA49882B-4BAF-44D8-ABBB-E3E291689E69

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
I don't think it's a good idea to run any car completely out of gas. Summertime smarter than me should chime in, but I think that could be bad for fuel tank ( which is pressurized) and/or fuel pump.
The gas does cool of the fuel pump, some people fill at a quarter tank. I always run it down to empty and have never had a problem. The new computers can really get you down to a mile but there is usually a little reserve. Filling it early is probably the smart thing to do.

OP
OP
Cubican

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first tank on regular mode 548.7 miles I tried eco a few times. I got 39.2 mpg, when I got it it had 19 miles for some reason. I drove about 50% highway 50% street, it is very hilly in my area. It seamed to pickup mpg when I was on the highway for some reason. After my second tank of gas I put it in sport mode and couldn't believe how fast it was but the mileage dropped by a large amount. So far the second tank looks like about 540 miles and 36ish mpg. I have never had a vehicle with this kind of range, I’m still learning but I need to figure out the 600 mile secret.

EA49882B-4BAF-44D8-ABBB-E3E291689E69.png
Is not hard you need to learn how to run it on battery as much as you can, put it on eco bring it up to speed and let up on the gas pedal till it kicks in the electric and then ride it coast it as much as you can, if your going on a downhill you can milk it a long way on your read out put the setting that shows mpg as you go it will turn to electric when the ice turns off.
Sponsored