First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is not hard you need to learn how to run it on battery as much as you can, put it on eco bring it up to speed and let up on the gas pedal till it kicks in the electric and then ride it coast it as much as you can, if your going on a downhill you can milk it a long way on your read out put the setting that shows mpg as you go it will turn to electric when the ice turns off.
I cannot wait to play around with that. Its going to make my commute fun as I play MPG games! That is until I hit traffic... then its just stop and go for 10 miles, which the hybrid should be pretty good at.
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I cannot wait to play around with that. Its going to make my commute fun as I play MPG games! That is until I hit traffic... then its just stop and go for 10 miles, which the hybrid should be pretty good at.
What hybrid trim you going for? Adaptive cruise with stop and go has been super cool the past week or two with the Lariat Lux. This is my first vehicle with any new tech basically (that I've owned), coming from a hardy 2003 Honda Accord.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What hybrid trim you going for? Adaptive cruise with stop and go has been super cool the past week or two with the Lariat Lux. This is my first vehicle with any new tech basically (that I've owned), coming from a hardy 2003 Honda Accord.
I got the XLT Hybrid on order. It was going to be an XL, but with Chapman doing 4% under invoice pricing I treated myself to the XLT. Lariat was way out of my price range.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is not hard you need to learn how to run it on battery as much as you can, put it on eco bring it up to speed and let up on the gas pedal till it kicks in the electric and then ride it coast it as much as you can, if your going on a downhill you can milk it a long way on your read out put the setting that shows mpg as you go it will turn to electric when the ice turns off.
Also turn on "EV Coach" as it shows when you are in Full Electric mode or Hybrid mode. Using this helps in staying in electric mode longer.

Page 119 of the Manual:

EV COACH - HYBRID ELECTRIC VEHICLE (HEV)

EV coach can help you get the most out of your vehicle's electric driving capabilities.

Note: EV coach is a selectable screen. See Customizing the Instrument Cluster Display (page 117).

When you are accelerating or maintaining speed you see a blue or white solid bar indicating vehicle power. You may also see a blue rectangular box which shows the power level at which the engine turns on.

• When the power level is within the box, the color of the bar is blue. This means you are in electric operation and the engine is off.

• When the power level is outside of the box, the color of the bar is white. This means you are in hybrid operation with a combination of the electric motor and the engine providing vehicle power.

When you are decelerating with either your foot off the accelerator pedal or on the brake pedal, a green or white solid bar displays indicating the power being used to slow down your vehicle. You may also see a green rectangular box which shows the amount of power that can be recaptured by the regenerative braking system and returned to the high voltage battery.

• When the power level is within the box, the color of the bar will be all green. This means that the regenerative braking system is being used to efficiently slow your vehicle down and return the maximum percentage of energy to the high voltage battery.

• When the power level is outside of the box, then the bar is white. This means both the regenerative braking system and conventional braking system are being used.

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
I did a mostly downhill 40 mile run yesterday , I hit 59 mpg. Eco slows you so much it is hard to keep up to speed on the highway.

Sponsored

hr1551

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL w/ hitch and drop-in liner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks going to join 1000 km club instead, from true north.

Ford Maverick Got 600 miles on full tank... Hybrid Maverick rocks! Screenshot_20220329-074945_FordPass

Happy Guy 823

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Filled up for the first time. Almost made 600 miles, only got 589. Not bad for not trying. Going to try to go 600 this tank.

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybr 2018 F150 Lariat 3.5 ECO
Heres my last tank, its rough to get this fuel economy

Ford Maverick Got 600 miles on full tank... Hybrid Maverick rocks! 20220603_160101

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just to think, back in 2018 I was ready to buy an F-150 with the 36-gallon ER fuel tank in order to get that kind of cruising range. I even considered the CNG prep package so I could add another 20 gallons of CNG in the bed.

Glad I bit my tongue and waited, because the Maverick is a much better truck for me. Now lets see if I can wait a little longer! C'mon Maverick Hybrid AWD and/or Maverick PHEV!
I had a 2019 F150 XLT 4X4 3.5 EB with the ER tank I consistently got 700 miles out of a tank. Took one trip out to California and back and hand calculated entire trip with lots of idling with A/C on at McDonald’s eating lunch in truck. Speeds up to 80 mph got 24.1 mpg. Now that I’ve traded for my Maverick EB AWD im consistently getting mid 30s. Made 600 club once so far.

Ford Maverick Got 600 miles on full tank... Hybrid Maverick rocks! IMG_2420

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a 2019 F150 XLT 4X4 3.5 EB with the ER tank I consistently got 700 miles out of a tank. Took one trip out to California and back and hand calculated entire trip with lots of idling with A/C on at McDonald’s eating lunch in truck. Speeds up to 80 mph got 24.1 mpg. Now that I’ve traded for my Maverick EB AWD im consistently getting mid 30s. Made 600 club once so far.

IMG_2420.jpeg
24mpg in a F150 is not shabby!

Sponsored

maverick33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here’s my results of a tank full on my work truck most of it was highway driving about 80/20 split, I don’t have time to mess around since is a work truck absolutely impressed with the maverick I got 600 miles on a tank full eco mode and fill up was 13.4 gallons.

192FEBF3-2420-4060-8656-BA6A9DCBCF8F.jpeg

maverick33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here’s my results of a tank full on my work truck most of it was highway driving about 80/20 split, I don’t have time to mess around since is a work truck absolutely impressed with the maverick I got 600 miles on a tank full eco mode and fill up was 13.4 gallons.

192FEBF3-2420-4060-8656-BA6A9DCBCF8F.jpeg
So you drove it down to the E mark. I am approaching the 500 miles on my first tank, I may drive it down to the E mark to see total mileage per tank.

efh03

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick xl hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a little over 4000 on my xl now, this was from last week, now up to 54.3.
Mountain driving with a little city thrown in, all in eco mode.
this little truck is crazy.

Ford Maverick Got 600 miles on full tank... Hybrid Maverick rocks! mpg so far
Sponsored