Laggy, glitchy Sync System

LongshotXL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
My system lags about 5 seconds when changing radio stations or switching screens. I have done both the hard and soft reset several times and it got a lilttle bit better then worse again. Any other with this problem?
Sponsored

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That sounds defective, I'd definitely take it to the dealer and get them to order a replacement radio

Stevospeedo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W
That sounds defective, I'd definitely take it to the dealer and get them to order a replacement radio
In my experience with every version of Sync ever created this is expected behavior...I was so happy when I found out XLT wouldn't have Sync. Praise the chip shortage Gods!

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In my experience with every version of Sync ever created this is expected behavior...I was so happy when I found out XLT wouldn't have Sync. Praise the chip shortage Gods!
If your XLT doesn't have Sync, neither does his XL.

Sponsored

Stevospeedo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your XLT doesn't have Sync, neither does his XL.
True, but maybe his flair isn't accurate. He asked the question about Sync, not me.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
True, but maybe his flair isn't accurate. He asked the question about Sync, not me.
I know. I think he's just calling the system SYNC. I don't have a lot of experience with it. Seems to work fine in my friend's Escape? I'm hoping it is not terrible in my Lariat.

Deleted member 1370

I agree, with a touch screen radio and all stuff that goes into it it’s best to get it looked at or fixed asap and under warranty. It’s not like the old days of radios in the 90s pop ‘‘em out and pop ‘‘em in

JUrban

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Stinger, '14 F-Type, '09 G8 GXP, '22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My (non-sync) radio was having similar issues. Hitting the presets would change the stations just fine, but the tune dial was so slow to respond it usually just reverted to the current station, same with the seek buttons. Punching in a station with direct tune didn't do anything. Reset didn't change anything, but no other issues with any other parts of the touchscreen fucntions.

Of course yesterday it all worked just fine...

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My system lags about 5 seconds when changing radio stations or switching screens. I have done both the hard and soft reset several times and it got a lilttle bit better then worse again. Any other with this problem?
Seems strange. Mine is very responsive. I've been using it frequently for a week. Both radio and Carplay.

Sponsored

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hitting the presets would change the stations just fine, but the tune dial was so slow to respond it usually just reverted to the current station, same with the seek buttons. Punching in a station with direct tune didn't do anything.

My (non-sync) radio was having similar issues. Hitting the presets would change the stations just fine, but the tune dial was so slow to respond it usually just reverted to the current station, same with the seek buttons. Punching in a station with direct tune didn't do anything. Reset didn't change anything, but no other issues with any other parts of the touchscreen fucntions.

Of course yesterday it all worked just fine...
Given that the system is likely a computer operated machine, the symptom to me would be of a computer that is overloaded and cannot respond in reasonable time. If there were a lot of 'interrupts', things that interrupted responding to user input, the machine would react/act in exactly that same way.
What can cause that? No clue. Were it mine, a visit to the dealer, moot quick, would be my action. tom

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
I've heard multiple reports of this on the forum and the subreddit. I would go to the dealership about this.

Stevospeedo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hitting the presets would change the stations just fine, but the tune dial was so slow to respond it usually just reverted to the current station, same with the seek buttons. Punching in a station with direct tune didn't do anything.

Given that the system is likely a computer operated machine, the symptom to me would be of a computer that is overloaded and cannot respond in reasonable time. If there were a lot of 'interrupts', things that interrupted responding to user input, the machine would react/act in exactly that same way.
What can cause that? No clue. Were it mine, a visit to the dealer, moot quick, would be my action. tom
And that could just be a symptom of something else like getting too hot for some reason. Maybe an improperly applied heatsink. Or maybe it is as simple as a wrong software version. As others have said, best to get it diagnosed. If this was actual SYNC in the Lariat, I would just be more inclined to believe it was just the terrible software design of that system as I have experienced on other Ford vehicles.

JUrban

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Stinger, '14 F-Type, '09 G8 GXP, '22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And that could just be a symptom of something else like getting too hot for some reason. Maybe an improperly applied heatsink. Or maybe it is as simple as a wrong software version. As others have said, best to get it diagnosed. If this was actual SYNC in the Lariat, I would just be more inclined to believe it was just the terrible software design of that system as I have experienced on other Ford vehicles.
I was hoping I could just do a software update/reflash myself, like you can with SYNC. Doesn't look like those files are available though.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
The Sync audio module in my 2016 Transit Connect failed at about 4 years. Dealer quote to replace it was over 3 grand. I now sport an aftermarket touch screen head unit and upgraded speakers for about $1200. Friendly service tech told me it was a common failure
Sponsored