First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, exact same thing. I ordered December of 2021 and haven't heard anything since from my dealer or Ford but then again, I haven't expected to either. My dealer was very upfront with possible wait times and gave me a 5-7 month minimum wait time. The way things are going I just assumed I'd be getting a 2023 model. That being said I'm prepared to wait. I couldn't believe it when I saw the email notification from Ford official, but my balloon was popped rather quickly. The email tells me absolutely nothing, but it's nice to hear from them, I guess?
Yeah I thought the same thing, I saw the email like meh I have been being patient but like you said I guess its better to hear from them than not lol
Sponsored

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
May I ask is the market normal now? Or how much markup have you paid to get a RAV4?
So, technically I am paying MSRP. However, I am also getting charged for some overpriced dealer add on stuff that under normal car buying circumstances I would have refused to pay for. They are:

Paint sealant, fabric protector, nitrogen filled tires, and window tint. That is adding about $1300 to the price, so I would consider that a mark up. However, this particular dealer also offers free oil changes for the purchaser for as long as they own the vehicle, so that at least adds some value.

Overall, given the current situation, and especially the extra demand placed on the hybrid market due to the sudden spike in gas prices, I'm pleased (assuming the vehicle actually arrives around when it has been promised). The RAV4 is about the same sticker price as the most expensive of my three Maverick orders, and about $1300 more out the door since none of the dealers I ordered from have "required dealer profit generators."

PCL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline (stopped waiting on Maverick)
But on the September Lariat order I was told it may possibly end up being a MY23 due to build constraints.
As an October Lariat Hybrid reservation-holder, this was an... interesting read.

tlast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also had the joy/letdown of receiving this email. XLT Hybrid, ordered end of October.

MinnMavGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Never whined about the wait . That's OK. But I think that Ford's handling of this will be part of case studies for communications/PR majors for a while. FMC's not alone in this mess, but the prospect of how they handle PR for a hot new product amid all these global challenges make them a standout example. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

The only thing this news-less, no "important change" email tells me is that Ford knows a good share of dealers aren't helping their brand. This is a small, ineffective effort at combatting that.

Sponsored

HBTuttle

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape SE
I got my Email speaking of delays. I ordered 10/9. The better question is did anyone not get this email and if so what and when did you order. Keep in mind though the emil could be in the spam folder for some.
Ordered a XL with the 4k Tow package in early December and did not get an email. Did originally have the 360 but dropped that. Wondering if I missed anything so I went down and talked to my dealer. Said he was aware of the blast and it wasn't just Maverick orders. Also the Econo vans and F250's got the same email.

Last edited:

Leggowe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota
Haven’t received this (yet). Have xlt hybrid lux ordered July 21. Been at priority 2 for a couple of months. Nothing from Ford since order confirmation
I got it. I ordered an XLT lux, cp360 on July 20. Yah, I like how they said they were going to concentrate on the June and July orders. We’ll, that lasted about- hmmm-2 seconds. Lol

Leggowe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota
I got it. I ordered an XLT lux, cp360 on July 20. Yah, I like how they said they were going to concentrate on the June and July orders. We’ll, that lasted about- hmmm-2 seconds. Lol
*well, not we’ll, and yes, a hybrid

shunt1sc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received the email-
Confirmed order date: 12/29/2021

2022 Maverick LARIAT All-Wheel Drive:​
  • 2.0L EcoBoost Engine
  • 8-Speed Automatic Transmission
  • Hot Pepper Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic
  • Desert Brown ActiveX Bucket Front-Seats
  • 18" Bright Aluminum Wheels
  • Standard Package
  • Lariat Luxury Package
  • Ford Co-Pilot360™

Sponsored

Tomm8tx

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the same email, Lariat Lux order 6//29/2021 and no build date yet, Southeast region.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yup, I got one of these on friday as well. Order date 12/28/21 XLT, AWD, tow hitch, FS spare, in cab power inverter. Nice to know they havent forgotten about me. Figured it to be a form letter of some sort sent to everybody.

Jay144

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Fords
It takes a lot of balls to charge for nitrogen in the tires. Both my 2021 Ford vehicles came from the factory with nitrogen in the tires. Every vehicle on the lot at the time had nitrogen in the tires.
Too bad there really isn't a hell.
Sponsored