First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Alright how the heck did you get in that menu? I tried the both next button combination but it didn't work for me.
It's real.

Hold down the right arrow on the steering wheel and the right arrow on the radio. I found the steps here. There are a bunch of choices. Only the Lincoln ones change the menu appearance. You see the animations after you turn off the engine and open the door. Sadly the 300hp goes away once you lock the doors.
Sponsored

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's real.

Hold down the right arrow on the steering wheel and the right arrow on the radio. I found the steps here. There are a bunch of choices. Only the Lincoln ones change the menu appearance. You see the animations after you turn off the engine and open the door. Sadly the 300hp goes away once you lock the doors.
I wonder if it's a Lariat only thing? There was something about the non Lariat vehicles not having full Sync system. I tried with my XLT and no luck. You are holding the next track buttons on both?

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I wonder if it's a Lariat only thing? There was something about the non Lariat vehicles not having full Sync system. I tried with my XLT and no luck. You are holding the next track buttons on both?
i believe only lariat lux has sync3

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, next track buttons. To be honest, it’s not terrible exciting since none of the change stick. Knowing these are on other cars, I wish Ford had done a better closing animation instead of just the logo.

Sponsored

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, next track buttons. To be honest, it’s not terrible exciting since none of the change stick. Knowing these are on other cars, I wish Ford had done a better closing animation instead of just the logo.
I read on another forum (F150 I believe) that if you enable the secret menu in the Sync interface, and then go back in through there and select the different animation, it should be retained. But of course that's a different vehicle and maybe that's what you are already doing.

Nathan

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV Fusion, Hybrid Fusion, Mustang GT, Miata
I tried in on my truck, the only useful options I think would be to change you MPG computer so its more accurate and see the actual temp of your radiator.
I have two Ford Hybrids and the vehicle calculated MPG is ~10% optimistic. Based on the mileage video that TFL did, the Maverick will be similarly optimistic in the displayed calculation unless you use the AFE Bias setting to tweak it. You can do this by calculating your actual mileage at fill up and then adjusting the bias based on the difference between the vehicle calculated results and your actual results.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried in on my truck, the only useful options I think would be to change you MPG computer so its more accurate and see the actual temp of your radiator.
I would like to see screen with actual temps of battery (coolant?), The three internal temp sensors of fluid,and both electric motor stators, (+???)!

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's real.

Show the Lincoln one!

I found it in the video. The Lincoln one wouldn't look bad with the brown Lariat interior. Nice (Doesn't matter for us XLT peasant mobiles)

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would like to see screen with actual temps of battery (coolant?), The three internal temp sensors of fluid,and both electric motor stators, (+???)!
I am guessing you would need a OBDII Bluetooth transmitter and an app to read those…..but ya I am with you on that info

Sponsored

Fredvon4

Banned
Banned
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep grand cherokee
I have lurked on MTC since Aug, joined after I placed and order...50+ hours or reading many topics and threads. Gotts say page one of this topic has the only post to make me spit coffee on keyboard and belly laugh out loud :LOL::ROFLMAO:(y)

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have two Ford Hybrids and the vehicle calculated MPG is ~10% optimistic. Based on the mileage video that TFL did, the Maverick will be similarly optimistic in the displayed calculation unless you use the AFE Bias setting to tweak it. You can do this by calculating your actual mileage at fill up and then adjusting the bias based on the difference between the vehicle calculated results and your actual results.
If the Mav works the same as my F150, the factory bias setting is represented as "1000". To calibrate to a lower reading, you need a lower bias. I ended up at 950 on my F150, which was originally off by about 1 mpg (optimistic) on the meter. It was mostly spot-on after the adjustment. Just FYI... I don't have my Mav yet to try it out. :cry:

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
Show the Lincoln one!

I found it in the video. The Lincoln one wouldn't look bad with the brown Lariat interior. Nice (Doesn't matter for us XLT peasant mobiles)
Lariats must still be in the concept phase. Been 4 months now and I’ve yet to see mine

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Color test mode
A347302C-1038-4389-B245-0FBF5DCF13CE.jpeg
> The date is Wednesday December 10, 2026, your warranty has expired. You wake up to the sound of a disheveled man frantically knocking on your door pleading with you to “activate” the extended warranty. He insists its your last chance before things start to go wrong. He won’t leave. You call the police to get him removed from the property.

> You get ready to go to work and hop in your Maverick, feeling invincible. You turn the key and are greeted with this…

> “Fuck”

Dr. Evil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Boeing 787 Dreamliner
So I went into the Engineering Test mode on my 2020 Edge just to see if the access procedure was the same and if the tweak for fuel economy readings were there - yes to both, no problem.

Then after that, I go to my iphone and my Ford Pass app is reporting malfunctions for anti-lock brakes, exterior lights, supplemental restraint system, service engine soon and tire pressure.

Everything looks to be working fine and there are no malfunction warnings on the instrument panel so I assume the ET mode triggered a bunch of bogus warnings. Now I'll have to ask the Ford dealer to plug in an OB reader and clear all that crap or the malfunction warnings are gonna be retained by the car's computer.

I didn't see a thing about this issue here or at the Ford Truck Forum the link posted here sent you to.

Here's that link again ---

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/fix-inaccurate-mpg-display-2-minutes-421912/
Sponsored