Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is awesome. Any concern about the attachment points scratching the paint?

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Might be getting this for Christmas! Mom was looking over MTC for ideas what to get me ( last year got a Ford Maverick waterbottle, didn’t fit anywhere in Truck and a Maverick T shirt that did fit )
So, Mom just the tent already have a mattress that works.

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My only issue camping with my truck was all the clicky click clicks all night. Such a noisy little guy.

Sponsored

Gunny.salazar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 2022 Explorer Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey folks!

I know it's a little late in the season for this, so my apologies for not posting earlier! I have found the perfect truck bed tent for the Maverick as well as a perfectly fitting air mattress! So far I've used the tent & mattress about 5 times over the summer and it has been perfect for myself and my girlfriend. She is a little bit new to "roughing it" and this has helped her enjoy camping a bit more from the security of the truck (especially in bear country!). It's kinda nice to have metal walls on 3 sides and be off the ground, I gotta admit!

Anyway these fit perfect. The air mattress comes with a pump and everything, & even some inflatable "pillows"! We turned it 180 from how it would sit in a larger truck and the cutouts just happen to fit perfectly to the Maverick's wheelwells. The tent can be set up by 1 person in about 10 minutes.

Here are the links, and I'll post some pics below!
Tent: https://amzn.to/3Au54EU
Air mattress that fits our bed perfectly: https://amzn.to/3GycuL6

1669049621309.png

1669049639494.png

1669049661698.png

Hope this is helpful to those looking for a "turn-key" solution for truck-camping in the Mav!
Very Nice!!! Thanks for posting this, can't believe how inexpensive the set up is!

G19Tony

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, 1994 Ford F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks, just ordered both.

Sponsored

hellokitty1984

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
oh yes, what it was like to be young and carefree traveling around with the GF. back in the day, I had a 92 explorer and me and my GF (at the time) would travel around and just sleep in the back. Thirty years later with a wife and 3 kids, it's an F350 diesel and 32 foot travel trailer, but the old days of no planning and just going are still fond memories. Enjoy it as often as you can.
I have a wife and two kids, and I’m planning to cram us in a Maverick with a tent and cracked open windows Maverick!

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This setup is awesome! We're so glad you're enjoying your Maverick. Thanks for being a part of the Ford family!
I feel that this tent almost fits, but the maker does not have an actual size for the Maverick. I suppose if Ford Motor Company and Maverick Truck Club were to request/lobby Napier or another maker there could be a more precise fit. (Also an annex for a ground extension aft of the lowered tailgate could be a popular item.) These might even make it to the Maverick build site, a win for all. Imagine DIY'ers using the power outlet for a laptop or screen sitting on the tailgate as a credenza when not sleeping on the bed, etc.
Come on tent makers, let's do this!

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
credenza, lol my grandma used Davenport and Kelvinator as well.
Rarely used words anymore.
Those were brand names of a sofa and refrigerator respectively, now defunct. Italian nobility used to have their meals tasted for poison on a side board for "credence". A credenza is still a specific style of such. One could also use the tailgate to sit, eat, cook, or as a desk typically under a canopy, "tailgating" in very current usage. Now I'll go have a beer on the Divan.

Last edited:

M-C Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great! Would it still work with a roll-up tonneau cover?
Sponsored