Sponsored

Inflatable bed tent with air mattress for Maverick - recommendations?

Charlie Daubitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD 18" rims Cactus Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone found a inflatable tent for the bed of the maverick. One that a air mattress would fit in?
Sponsored

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
Charlie Daubitz

Charlie Daubitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With the accessory 12v outlet in the bed, a air inflator and a blowup tent and mattress with tent tiedowns in the bed, easy inflate/deflate setup, I want.

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Huh? With the tailgate down the bed of the Maverick is 78 3/4” long or 6’ 6 3/4” long.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-3-4”-79-inches-tape-measured-dimension.1549/

Are you over 6’ 6” 🤣
There's a couple of Youtubers that sleep in their Mavs bed with the gate up. I'm a hillbilly (stuck in Chicagoland) but that's kinda rough for me. One of them is "Truck bed camping under the stars".
I was thinking of installing a cap, removing the rear window and putting a bunk up to the back of the front seats. Possible?

dsk6320

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey! Four and a half feet tall!
Ya know..... You could put a 4'x7' piece of plywood in the bed and tent on that.
Pretty much what I'm doing. no budget for a proper overlanding setup yet, so redneck workaround on the cheap for this trip.

Will fit a full size air mattress for my wife and I.

Attachments

OP
OP
Charlie Daubitz

Charlie Daubitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty much what I'm doing. no budget for a proper overlanding setup yet, so redneck workaround on the cheap for this trip.

We make trips to and from Florida to
South of Dallas, we've had ZERO luck with motels to stop and sleep. Sleeping in the seat of the Maverick totally sucks. we are looking for something simple to keep dry and mosquito free without being on the ground. I haven't found a tent that fits yet with the opening on the tailgate end.

dsk6320

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We make trips to and from Florida to
South of Dallas, we've had ZERO luck with motels to stop and sleep. Sleeping in the seat of the Maverick totally sucks. we are looking for something simple to keep dry and mosquito free without being on the ground. I haven't found a tent that fits yet with the opening on the tailgate end.
There are several 2 person tents that will fit in the bed with tailgate in the lowered position that's for hauling 4' x 8' sheets that start around $30 and go up.

My main problem was finding one that has the tent opening on the end of the tent instead of the more popular side of the tent.

I found the one below at bass pro and works perfectly for my needs (wanted mesh top w/optional rain guard, and opening in the end not side).

To make the tent fit you will have to lay a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the bed for the tent to set on. I cut a sheet in 1/2 length wise and again at 50", the used 2 long hinges one on the long and one short cuts of the plywood so they will fold in half for easy storage when traveling with my trifold tonneau cover closed.

Ford Maverick Inflatable bed tent with air mattress for Maverick - recommendations? Screenshot_20220811-013311

Ford Maverick Inflatable bed tent with air mattress for Maverick - recommendations? PXL_20220821_190451952

Ford Maverick Inflatable bed tent with air mattress for Maverick - recommendations? PXL_20220821_190502860

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are several 2 person tents that will fit in the bed with tailgate in the lowered position that's for hauling 4' x 8' sheets that start around $30 and go up.

My main problem was finding one that has the tent opening on the end of the tent instead of the more popular side of the tent.

I found the one below at bass pro and works perfectly for my needs (wanted mesh top w/optional rain guard, and opening in the end not side).

To make the tent fit you will have to lay a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the bed for the tent to set on. I cut a sheet in 1/2 length wise and again at 50", the used 2 long hinges one on the long and one short cuts of the plywood so they will fold in half for easy storage when traveling with my trifold tonneau cover closed.

Screenshot_20220811-013311.png

PXL_20220821_190451952.jpg

PXL_20220821_190502860.jpg
Check out Napier tents their tents have the door flap you're looking for😉

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

yes, but won't the "rain fly" be a problem? Just the floorspace takes up the entire plywood space...and I believe the rain fly sticks out considerably further....?

dsk6320

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yes, but won't the "rain fly" be a problem? Just the floorspace takes up the entire plywood space...and I believe the rain fly sticks out considerably further....?
If we need it, my plan is to try and tie the rain fly off to the bed not the tent. This would help runoff go outside the bed not inside.. will be a work in progress lol