2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fully loaded Maverick Lariat, Harley Fat Bob
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey folks!

I know it's a little late in the season for this, so my apologies for not posting earlier! I have found the perfect truck bed tent for the Maverick as well as a perfectly fitting air mattress! So far I've used the tent & mattress about 5 times over the summer and it has been perfect for myself and my girlfriend. She is a little bit new to "roughing it" and this has helped her enjoy camping a bit more from the security of the truck (especially in bear country!). It's kinda nice to have metal walls on 3 sides and be off the ground, I gotta admit!

Anyway these fit perfect. The air mattress comes with a pump and everything, & even some inflatable "pillows"! We turned it 180 from how it would sit in a larger truck and the cutouts just happen to fit perfectly to the Maverick's wheelwells. The tent can be set up by 1 person in about 10 minutes.

Here are the links, and I'll post some pics below!
Tent: https://amzn.to/3Au54EU
Air mattress that fits our bed perfectly: https://amzn.to/3GycuL6

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Bed Tent and Air Mattress - PERFECT FIT OPTIONS! 1669049621309

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Bed Tent and Air Mattress - PERFECT FIT OPTIONS! 1669049639494

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Bed Tent and Air Mattress - PERFECT FIT OPTIONS! 1669049661698

Hope this is helpful to those looking for a "turn-key" solution for truck-camping in the Mav!
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice! Love it. Sweet spot by the lake there.

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey folks!

I know it's a little late in the season for this, so my apologies for not posting earlier! I have found the perfect truck bed tent for the Maverick as well as a perfectly fitting air mattress! So far I've used the tent & mattress about 5 times over the summer and it has been perfect for myself and my girlfriend. She is a little bit new to "roughing it" and this has helped her enjoy camping a bit more from the security of the truck (especially in bear country!). It's kinda nice to have metal walls on 3 sides and be off the ground, I gotta admit!

Anyway these fit perfect. The air mattress comes with a pump and everything, & even some inflatable "pillows"! We turned it 180 from how it would sit in a larger truck and the cutouts just happen to fit perfectly to the Maverick's wheelwells. The tent can be set up by 1 person in about 10 minutes.

1669049621309.png

1669049639494.png

1669049661698.png

Hope this is helpful to those looking for a "turn-key" solution for truck-camping in the Mav!

What is SET UP time to set up and break down, with ONE person? thanks!

OP
OP
Air Shootist

Air Shootist

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

OP
OP
Air Shootist

Air Shootist

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks! Just bought both...just in case I hit the everglades camping this winter. Better than tent on the ground.
Awesome!! You're gonna like these. Plus, any purchase thru my links helps my YouTube channel a tiny bit. Won't cost you a penny more, but it'll cost Jeff Bezos a few! 🤣

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like one of the most affordable setup I ve seen posted out here to date.
Thanks!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hey folks!

1669049621309.png

1669049639494.png

1669049661698.png

This setup is awesome! We're so glad you're enjoying your Maverick. Thanks for being a part of the Ford family!

OP
OP
Air Shootist

Air Shootist

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This setup is awesome! We're so glad you're enjoying your Maverick. Thanks for being a part of the Ford family!
Pretty cool to get a response from the Ford Official account!
The Maverick has been great! Picked it up 12/01/21 - probably one of the first couple hundred owners nationally.
I wanted a do-it-all vehicle that focuses on fun and utility, and the Maverick delivers! In these photos I had found a private lake spot deep in the backwoods. I took it down logging trails to get there that I definitely had second thoughts about, but it handled everything like a little mountain goat! Having the tent and mattress made it a portable hotel on wheels, allowing us the ultimate freedom to experience nature!

Sponsored

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey folks!

1669049621309.png

1669049639494.png

1669049661698.png

I want to confirm that this is the "Compact Short Bed 5'-5.2" size, correct ?

Or is it the "Full Size Short Bed 5.5-5.8" ?

OP
OP
Air Shootist

Air Shootist

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want to confirm that this is the "Compact Short Bed 5'-5.2" size, correct ?

Or is it the "Full Size Short Bed 5.5-5.8" ?
Compact Short Bed.
The link I posted was the exact one I got, in the correct Compact Short Bed configuration. I unfortunately paid like 30 bucks more for mine, but I'm happy for others that the price has come down a bit since then.

OP
OP
Air Shootist

Air Shootist

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh, also I forgot to mention this above, and this is probably the single most important feature of this tent: It is a fully enclosed tent with a floor.

Some other truck bed tents only cover the bed, lacking their own flooring material which means you're sleeping directly on the truck bed while also letting all kinds of bugs in.

Having a fully enclosed tent with a floor was a requirement for me, and this fits the bill perfectly.