Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well done for keeping things in perspective - which is something that doesn't feel very common nowadays. Sorry it happened to your truck.

I will add, however, that the old gentleman's family needs to be responsible and know when the license needs to be taken away. Don't have enough facts to know if that's the case here.
I felt for the daughter. We were getting close to the point where we were going to have to talk to my dad about giving up the keys, too, before he passed suddenly due to pancreatic cancer. Every time I viisted my dad for the past few years I'd look at the back of his car and assess the scrapes and dings in the bumper. He was getting bad. It's not an easy thing to come to terms with.
Sponsored

unclerunkle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I felt for the daughter. We were getting close to the point where we were going to have to talk to my dad about giving up the keys, too, before he passed suddenly due to pancreatic cancer. Every time I viisted my dad for the past few years I'd look at the back of his car and assess the scrapes and dings in the bumper. He was getting bad. It's not an easy thing to come to terms with.
đź’Ż

My own father is 73, and I'm watching closely. At least in his case, he doesn't have to drive much anymore.

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dad literally drove his whole life without an accident (or even a traffic ticket!). At age 82, he T-boned a car in town. I asked him what happened and his response was,
"Some old guy pulled right out in front of me!" Hmm....

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sad to see....but it pays to always park in BFE. Not a 100% guarantee you won't get hit it but it cuts the chances way down.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Bet the daughter was in the passenger seat and had a clear view of what happened when she got out. Surprised she did not door ding the Maverick as well with that weird parking angle. She had to get out into a "trapped triangle" behind her door and the Maverick side panels. Then back up into the smaller and smaller wedge to close her door to get out of the gap. She knew.......
Daughter was driving the white Tahoe.

Sponsored

john218

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Mercedes C300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If there was no damage or scratch was it really a “kiss”. More like a “heavy breath?” Glad no fluids were exchanged. :unsure:

OP
OP
BuddyS

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If there was no damage or scratch was it really a “kiss”. More like a “heavy breath?” Glad no fluids were exchanged. :unsure:
Disturbing. :D

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If there's a plus side to all this, now my wife (who was with me for all this excitement this AM) won't give me grief next time I park waaaaay out in the parking lot. She gets it now.
that's what I do

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Funny how memories are….this reminds me of when I became guardian of my late aunt and being amazed her little dodge colt had multiple damages on all four sides of her car……and then learned she was driving without a drivers license. The argument of taking her car away, as one could imagine, was quite heated.

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If there's a plus side to all this, now my wife (who was with me for all this excitement this AM) won't give me grief next time I park waaaaay out in the parking lot. She gets it now.
My wife WANTS to park "her" Maverick away from others!

Speaking of Florida parking, for one year in 1983-1984 self, wife, and 2 daughters lived in Lake Worth, Florida. Went to the beach. Every parking spot taken, except for one that had a 'vette about 6 or so inches of the neighboring spot. Drove up and down hoping a place would open up. Nothing. So, starting to fume a bit, I let family out of our Fairmont station wagon and as he was standing there admiring it with a couple of other people I pulled into that spot. He said "what are your doing! You'll hit my car!" Parked now about 4 inches from his 'vette I said "then don't be so rude as to take up two spots in a full lot." BTW, I knew I would not hit him and had no intentions to do so. Thats why I let the family out first!

Last edited:
Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sad to see....but it pays to always park in BFE. Not a 100% guarantee you won't get hit it but it cuts the chances way down.
Yup. If you're physically able, park as far away as you can. I thank God every day I can do that.

fourtotwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Completely unsurprised Floridians managed to turn straight parking stalls into angled parking.
Glad you didn’t have to go to insurance!

DaveMave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Toyota p/u, Santa Cruz SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Make copies and placed under offending vehicle’s wiper.
And yes, I live in Florida. Turn signals are less-used than anything.
Ford Maverick First Parking Kiss... argh 1670163667659

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Man, that parking job isn't even close to ANY lines. I love how people can just get out and walk right in for breakfast.

Dale F

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale L Freund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why does it happen that after parking in BFE, I return to my Maverick and there are cars on all sides of me even though there are like ten spots empty around me and them?
Sponsored