First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Credit to this kind stranger on Reddit, easiest speaker upgrade to the Mav using existing wiring harness and plug and play!

Credit to BlakesCars2 for the useful video guide

Ok, This is the product link here goes for $129, but its literally drop in and no existing modifications required includes upgrading the tweeters too.

tempImagePCQixy.jpg
tempImageu5VONV.png

Installed with this video guide (front)
Tweeter Installation video guide

Install Notes
* I recommend a plastic pry tool for door panels, you can easily get one from crutchfield or amazon.
* The plastics are tight, grip firmly and give it a little tug and eventually the plastic clips will give.
* The included foam on the new speaker is thick, the door panel will need some "Convincing" to snap back especially @ the bottom.

The video guide shows the door panel being tucked away to the side, I found that difficult.. imo Disconnecting the door lock mechanism was easy,
One tab and it releases as a whole and it just snaps back into place. You might need to move the actual manual door lock to "sync" its position.

C8318F91-84F0-40ED-8BBE-9EC9A5260B23_1_201_a.jpeg
E4AA31D8-FAF0-44E6-80E9-70A0C4CD3262_1_201_a.jpeg

Old vs new speaker
tempImageKg2b7g.png
tempImageQ7r5JL.png

The tweeters will drop in to the housing using the original wiring harness and adaptor that comes in the box.
tempImageQnRwOG.png
tempImage3kTkqX.png

Overall I'm impressed at this drop in DIY, takes the guesswork of finding the correct depth, harness and fitment.
Huge improvement to the low end, mid's and high's. The audio system before the upgrade was very muddy even after messing with EQ settings.
I looked around on the postings, but never saw which of the OEM systems you had in your Truck? I am guessing it was NOT the premium (so to speak) B&O system - correct? If it was, shame on Ford for degrading the B&O name by matching it up with $h1t speakers!
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP

Stock411

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I looked around on the postings, but never saw which of the OEM systems you had in your Truck? I am guessing it was NOT the premium (so to speak) B&O system - correct? If it was, shame on Ford for degrading the B&O name by matching it up with $h1t speakers!
Non B&O. Stock factory system on the XLT

Chowdayer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 XLT FX4 Lightning Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What did you do in the fronts? Not sold on these drop in ones.

I went with the power bass 6.5”. They were easy drop on and fit without issues. Currently looking at a slim profile under seat subwoofer amp combo.

belmor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Funny story, the truck in Blake's video is now my truck. He sold it and got a hybrid and I bought it. Still has same speakers he put in. They are good. I want to add a sub but waiting to see if anyone comes out with a drop-in solution like I had in my Colorado.

Sponsored

shizelbs

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So I did my passenger side last night. Had to stop there; it was 10PM at that point and I didn't want to be that neighbor. Anyways, the woofer is drop in, plug and play. The tweeter is not plug and play. Darn near, sure, but not true plug and play. I had to cut the OEM connector, strip wires and crimp. Not a big deal.

So far I would say the sound improvement is incremental. I notice improvements specifically in the upper ends and vocal details.

Worth the $141.

mou

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Hybrid, '13 BRZ, '99 Impreza
just put in my driver side, it was too dark to finish the passenger. I broke the tab holding in the door latch/lock cables while pulling out the panel so careful with that. everything was PnP from what I did, the tweeter plug was a bit different but still fit with the aftermarket ones.

ATL_Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kawasaki zx6r, bmw 328is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just finished installing the door speakers and tweeters, added some kilmat to the inside of the door panel while I was there. The tweeters took a minute to figure out but plugged right in. Only managed to break one clip. To me it's a big improvement over the stock speakers.

Ford Maverick Easy Speakers Upgrade -- drop in and no existing modifications required 20220604_122935

Ford Maverick Easy Speakers Upgrade -- drop in and no existing modifications required 20220604_123613

shizelbs

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

ProTip: Empty the entire box and check for all contents before installing.

I was wrong. This is plug and play. Not until I installed the 2nd woofer did I find all the plug and play adapters. Much easier that way.

areed17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Be aware that this is another screw behind the little red reflector.

The reflector pops off with a thin screwdriver wedged in at the top.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I did my passenger side last night. Had to stop there; it was 10PM at that point and I didn't want to be that neighbor. Anyways, the woofer is drop in, plug and play. The tweeter is not plug and play. Darn near, sure, but not true plug and play. I had to cut the OEM connector, strip wires and crimp. Not a big deal.

So far I would say the sound improvement is incremental. I notice improvements specifically in the upper ends and vocal details.

Worth the $141.
Did you use the speaker set the OP posted? I ask because I didn't have to any cutting or splicing when I installed the tweeters. I used the plugs that came with the with tweeters and they fit the OEM plug on the Maverick.

Edit: I just read your later post about finding the plugs! :ROFLMAO:

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just finished installing the door speakers and tweeters, added some kilmat to the inside of the door panel while I was there. The tweeters took a minute to figure out but plugged right in. Only managed to break one clip. To me it's a big improvement over the stock speakers.

20220604_122935.jpg

20220604_123613.jpg
Did you feel like the Kilmat made any noticeable difference?

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know the model # on the front door speakers that come with the B/O system ? And tweeters are in the A/Pillars ? Thx-

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid