teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That was probably before all the staff on the project did the "empty out your cars" thing and they realized all the dash mascots needed a home.

Cause that's what's probably going to happen to my cubby. Stuff in a little plushie or something.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I actually like the little cubby!

The screen is big enough to display what I need, so I don’t think a bigger one is necessary. I installed a little 3D-printed grid for mounting a phone holder, which is great.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I prefer the current sized screen with the cubby. I am not a fan of big screens in vehicles. much larger than a double-din is overkill.

The only things I would change is increase the position angle a bit, maybe angle it about 5 degrees higher for those of us who like to sit high and add Android Auto/CarPlay Wireless. Otherwise, its perfect the way it is now IMO.

Sponsored

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What could have been. Oh well. I think the cubby is utterly useless and doubt I'll ever store anything in there. I would have much preferred a few more inches on the screen. The current size is fine, but a little bigger would have been better.

chrisehyoung

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, Lux, Copilot, Shadow black
What could have been. Oh well. I think the cubby is utterly useless and doubt I'll ever store anything in there. I would have much preferred a few more inches on the screen. The current size is fine, but a little bigger would have been better.
I would sacrifice a bigger screen for a higher quality one. I find the screen resolution lacking and wish it had better contrast for those super bright days.

Sponsored

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Personally, I don't mind the 8-inch screen. It's just large enough to display what I want which in my case is just the radio station or the home screen with the compass. I don't need anymore than that. Also, when plugging in my Android Auto, the screen is just large enough to display Google Maps. Sure, an inch or two more would've been more ideal but it's not terribly small by any means. Just five years ago, an 8-inch screen was considered massive. Now they've grown as much as 14 inches or more such as in the new Toyota Tundra/Sequoia. As a result, the 8-inch screens look minuscule in comparison. To me, a 14-inch screen would be too distracting while driving. And if Ford does offer a bigger screen for the Maverick, I'm still not trading mine in. I still adore it no matter what.

Last edited:

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2011 F150 also has a cubby. Thing is totally useless, can't even put change in there. What is it with Ford and the cubbys?

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2011 F150 also has a cubby. Thing is totally useless, can't even put change in there. What is it with Ford and the cubbys?
A couple of grams will fit perfectly, so I've been told.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost