Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W
So you’ve got AWD/4k now with reduced departure angle.
I wasn't sure it was possible to make the stock exhaust worse in this way, but it looks like it has been accomplished :) There has to be a better way to route that exhaust so it doesn't stick down so low.

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know what is actually behind the plastic bumper pads but two holes, one on each side might work. But like I said I have no ideal whats behind the bumper pads!

OP
OP
SPRMAV

SPRMAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
So you’ve got AWD/4k now with reduced departure angle.
Lol it will never see off-road activities that will require departure angles. I got the 4K tow package along with the all wheel drive for two reasons. 1 tires will wear approximately the same time. 2, you get the increased cooling capacity, bigger cooling fans and transmission cooler which helps greatly in the summer time. Or for those that are worried about departure angles would probably do a lift kit and add much larger tires. But to each his own, right?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SPRMAV

SPRMAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I wasn't sure it was possible to make the stock exhaust worse in this way, but it looks like it has been accomplished :) There has to be a better way to route that exhaust so it doesn't stick down so low.
Actually it’s not as low as the stock piping was. And you can’t go through or above the suspension there’s just absolutely no room to do so. Other options would’ve been going out to the sides before the tires. Best of luck to your solution

OP
OP
SPRMAV

SPRMAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I almost didn’t post the sound clip because it just didn’t sound that great Sounds much better in the real world.

Chrysler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I almost didn’t post the sound clip because it just didn’t sound that great Sounds much better in the real world.
Just a personal opinion. Adding some resonated tips could help lower the raspiness if you are hearing it, and it would be more of a low rumble. I can show videos of my before and after tips with my Chrysler 200 3.6, went from ricey raspy droney to a low clean rumble, lot of compliments on it. Might help the sound on your exhaust. I will throw videos on post, phone microphones don't do justice to exhausts, but after hearing your system, it could benefit I believe from more resonation, even a glass pack which would serve the same purpose in that respect if you don't want to try resonated tips or another resonators along pipes.

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice looking piping.

IMO the tips are over the top.

I would prefer something more subtle like these polished stainless steel tips or tips in black powder coat.

Ford Maverick Dual exhaust installed [sound clip added] on 2.0 Maverick Exhaust ti

Ford Maverick Dual exhaust installed [sound clip added] on 2.0 Maverick Exhausttip2

Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice looking piping.

IMO the tips are over the top.

I would prefer something more subtle like these polished stainless steel tips or tips in black powder coat.

Exhaust tip.jpg

Exhausttip2.jpg
you call THAT subtle? I think the OP's round ends are more subtle than the tips pictured, specially the chromed one!

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
you call THAT subtle? I think the OP's round ends are more subtle than the tips pictured, specially the chromed one!
Yes, as stated I do call "THAT" subtle.

You did not read my post. The pictured tip is polished stainless steel, not chrome.

Both of these tips are smaller diameter and will tuck up closer to the bumper and be less obtrusive.

The beauty about America is that one can customize their vehicle to their own individual tastes. For me, big round tips hanging below the bumper is not my style.

mavhopefull

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only the front resonator left on. Sounds awesome!

5C83E171-15F3-49AC-A2D8-3B7580B5A6BF.jpeg

6425E7B1-465C-4567-B75F-049F850B5534.jpeg

57DBDD05-27EC-41A1-878B-BAAEEDF65C62.jpeg

Sound clip:

Would be nice if it had the low V8 Rumble. It looks very nice though. Where did you get it done?
Sponsored