First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it sounds great! The only thing I can't handle is the highway drone... Previous topics covered the small hole is a water drain hole...
IMHO that is NOT A DRAIN HOLE - it is way too corroded to be such... an opinion ok?
Sponsored

superfinechef

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat 4x4, 2013 Abarth 500
always thought those cars were cool i live in wv so alot of moutain driving the fiesta st was probably my favorite car it was a blast to drive was on cobb stage one tune and kit.
Yeah its super fun in mountains as a weekend car it Sucked as daily driver. I have had my truck for 1 week(511miles) and OMG its a joy to drive daily. The Abarth is a Violent ride where as Maverick is Calm and soothing

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice, although for others I'd recommend just starting with the can at the back and drive it for a month first before deciding. You can also save some money and just DIY.

If every other homeless meth addict can cut off a cat converter in under 5 mins, you can make your own cut too, and then just use a clamp, universal exhaust pipe, universal exhaust spout, and universal exhaust hanger, shouldn't cost more than $25 or so and then you can revert back if needed.

Abarth 500? If so, just say that, they're all straight piped from the factory! 😁

That hole is there on purpose, but its also rust damaged which is why its enlarged and uneven in appearance.
Yes. Yes it is! We just picked up a 2015 abarth cabrio for my wife in February. Neighbor already asked if there was something wrong with it, hahaha.

Rickus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Chevy LUV Truck, Can Am Spyder RT & F3S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ive had a few cars before 19 sti had a Tomei Titanium exahust 18 fiesta st straight pipe and a 08 mustang gt straight piped plus a couple trucks and i like hearing my vehicles. Anyways i was getting bored because theres hardly anything out for these trucks yet so i went and had my truck straight piped for shits and giggles. tried uploading a 10 second video and it wouldn’t let me so ill tag a link so you can watch. i couldnt find any videos of anyone that had done it on here or youtube so ill upload a few pics and videos so you can make a decision for your self. Hope this helps anyone who has thought about it! Truck has 2,700 miles on it and muffler already had a small hole in it.

45325B59-009C-4C8E-8DC0-162C71DEDAE6.jpeg

261E6FF9-2820-4E47-BF67-007EED5349B2.jpeg

B3882726-6F02-4A71-B169-14E5F7B62A9A.jpeg

28F46E83-7BDC-4AFF-A31F-2FE24BA9E762.jpeg
Actually sound a little sporty! 😮

Sponsored

Killjoyken

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That was a warranty claim. But too late now.
I wonder how a dealership would warranty that. If they replace it with another factory muffler it will likely rust out again. I know it's a "cheap" truck but damn that's ridiculous.

Theunknown_87

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder how a dealership would warranty that. If they replace it with another factory muffler it will likely rust out again. I know it's a "cheap" truck but damn that's ridiculous.
That is true I think I had read on here that it was alumminized metal which I know from heat exchangers suck because they rupture quick.
But at least it would have been free

mangler

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old SUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While it may have started as a weep hole, that looks jagged af. Definitely some corrosion there, and after 2700miles, it reminds me of the 40$ muffler they installed on my SUV (lasted about 3 years, rotted out, basically mild steel). Anyway I see a major opportunity for aftermarket exhauts here, hopefully the rest of the pipe is better... It should NOT look like that with 2700miles...

OP
OP
wcfox

wcfox

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You beat me to it, add a nice resonator to that straight pipe.
all temporary until good aftermarket’s exhaust comes out. just wanted to try see what it was like since i havent seen anyone else post anything about it. if nothing comes out will look into some any suggestions on resonators