Old Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been wondering for awhile what folks experience is with the Maverick over 80 mph. I'm a little ashamed to admit it but I occasionally drive at high speeds. It seems to me, that my Maverick hybrid is not really stable at those speeds. Is it my truck? Am I asking for too much or should I just slow down? Inquiring minds want to know.
I finally really punched it on the highway to pass somebody at about 50 MPH. It took ok from there quite well I thought. I detected no instability either. I don't drive over 80 and rarely on our 75 MPH highways for safety. Too many crazies around, you don't know what might happen.
Sponsored

Jackfer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I also drive my Mav at higher speeds on the highway. I pushed it once to 110 and it felt fine. I didn't expect a Lambo feel but it was still not bad. I cruise it at 80 all the time. I don't know if it can cruise any slower.

tlhmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been wondering for awhile what folks experience is with the Maverick over 80 mph. I'm a little ashamed to admit it but I occasionally drive at high speeds. It seems to me, that my Maverick hybrid is not really stable at those speeds. Is it my truck? Am I asking for too much or should I just slow down? Inquiring minds want to know.
J
Just got back from 6 hour trip 80 mph flat roads 33 mpg really lowered my lifetime mileage of 43

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Woooheee! We got us some real hairy chested he-man daredevils here.

Look at me ma! I'm going a hunerd miles a hour.

My high performance mods =>Front lip spoiler, Roof spoiler, Tailgate spoiler, Bitchin non-fuctional hood scoop, Falken Wildebeasts 295/65/17, Red paint on brake calipers, Red Maverick stickers on tailgate, 2 inch radio antennae cut down to 1 inch, Bad Boys Club stickers

Woooheee, I got RED PAINT on my brake calipers.

Sponsored

Las Cruces FX4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why would it have issues doing over 100? It's basically an Escape with a stretched chassis. The Escape 2.0L is limited to 126 mph. Guessing they put a lower limiter on the Maverick because of the lower gearing.
Yes the FX4 has a 3.81 (I believe thats what I read) so it has a faster off the line than the other Mavericks. I plead the 5th on the speed. LOL

todd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So this is a great question as I drove from Ohio to Tennessee and back ... I drove some interstates reaching 70-75mph with my trailer in tow loaded with items and my maverick is an XL hybrid, I was still averaging 37 mpg and drove great. Hope this helps!!!

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Driving your Maverick Fast 30F736F7-DAF2-4009-8D82-7D97BD16151A

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
no issues with my FE Hybrid.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I agree with your comments and, believe me, the high speed was not sustained. It was probably 5-10 seconds. I'm not setting the cruise for a road trip that high. Also, like a said in my post above, it was open highway. No traffic. It was the middle of the day so I had great visibility. It was a one-time thing just to 'see' if it could be done comfortably. I haven't done it since and may never do it again.

I bought the hybrid because I spend 95% of my time in soul-crushing stop-n-go traffic, under 55 mph. I still like to feel some adrenaline now and then though.
Oh I'm not knocking anyone for putting the pedal to the metal on occasion, especially when passing. I'm talking these people that fly by me on the interstate going like 90 in a 65. Sustained for like miles and miles, even hours. Just get to the gas station quicker is all.

Sponsored

CSSMAVO

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I have such a lead foot with my XLT FX4, I'm averaging 19 mpg. I plan on selling the Truck next week, so I have been beating on it since June.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Eco the only that can you really fast in without causing problems. Would not attempt 100 in hybrid....

Sgthell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL AWD Maverick, 2022 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My XL AWD is one smooth ride at any speed. I try not to spool up the turbo too often in order to get the good mpg. Averaging 29 mpg combined, which I’m a liking.