First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just the other day I hit 80 getting onto the interstate. I didn't even know I was going that fast til I looked down. Wasn't at that speed for long as our speed limit is 70 and I think it was lower than that in this particular stretch. All that to say I didn't feel scared until I realized how fast I was going :)
Yup. Same here. Smooth as silk.
Sponsored

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh I'm not knocking anyone for putting the pedal to the metal on occasion, especially when passing. I'm talking these people that fly by me on the interstate going like 90 in a 65. Sustained for like miles and miles, even hours. Just get to the gas station quicker is all.

We were in San Francisco a few weeks ago on vacation. When going 75mph in the slow lane, in zones with a 55mph speed limit, we were getting other cars honking at us and doing all kinds of crazy things to get around us. In Utah, 20mph over the limit on the highway gets your car impounded; apparently in the land of hybrids, EVs, and green energy, it gets you flipped off for going too slow.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We were in San Francisco a few weeks ago on vacation. When going 75mph in the slow lane, in zones with a 55mph speed limit, we were getting other cars honking at us and doing all kinds of crazy things to get around us. In Utah, 20mph over the limit on the highway gets your car impounded; apparently in the land of hybrids, EVs, and green energy, it gets you flipped off for going too slow.
20 over 80 equals 100 here in the Republic of Utah -

DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Eco the only that can you really fast in without causing problems. Would not attempt 100 in hybrid....
It does it without complaining. I opened mine up the other day (on the autobahn in Germany in a non speed restricted zone on the way back from Czech) and it climbed steadily to 176kmh (109mph) but there was wind noise, I wasn't in a hurry, and I really didn't want to drive that speed. They recommend 130kmh (80mph) so I usually drive that or maybe a shade quicker when passing. It isn't designed to be a missile but it does more than OK for it's price point IMO.

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It does it without complaining. I opened mine up the other day (on the autobahn in Germany in a non speed restricted zone on the way back from Czech) and it climbed steadily to 176kmh (109mph) but there was wind noise, I wasn't in a hurry, and I really didn't want to drive that speed. They recommend 130kmh (80mph) so I usually drive that or maybe a shade quicker when passing. It isn't designed to be a missile but it does more than OK for it's price point IMO.
So driving over 90 wouldn’t damage the battery over period of time? I don’t drive 90 either but I would think that would cause strain on the battery over 4 cylinder more .

DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So driving over 90 wouldn’t damage the battery over period of time? I don’t drive 90 either but I would think that would cause strain on the battery over 4 cylinder more .
I have to imagine that it is running about entirely on the gas motor at that speed.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
20 over 80 equals 100 here in the Republic of Utah -
On most of the wasatch front (where we do the large majority of our driving), speed limits on I-15 are 65-75mph. Once you get outside of the cities it is primarily 80mph. You aren't getting away with driving 20mph over (anywhere) for very long in Utah, but it seemed to be the minimum in northern California. A LOT of drivers in some of the less dense areas between Reno and San Francisco (on I-80) were obviously going well over 100.

FWIW, I am from LA and wife is from the Bay Area. We both left ~15yrs ago, and would never ever consider moving back, but we do visit occasionally.

Last edited:

Mav4Hogie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue/Lariat/LuxPkg/4KTowPkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been wondering for awhile what folks experience is with the Maverick over 80 mph. I'm a little ashamed to admit it but I occasionally drive at high speeds. It seems to me, that my Maverick hybrid is not really stable at those speeds. Is it my truck? Am I asking for too much or should I just slow down? Inquiring minds want to know.
I have done sustained 175 km’s per hour (109mph) on a race track and it handles fine. Hood shakes from airflow. But otherwise reasonably stable for a brick cutting through the air.
not sure if tonneau makes a difference but I had all windows closed and I have the trifold hard tonneau.
Factory 18 inch Michelins are Terrible.

Sponsored

Deerslayer1980

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
80-85 for thousands of miles. No issues and very stable and secure on the road.

Deleted member 6544

Woooheee! We got us some real hairy chested he-man daredevils here.

Look at me ma! I'm going a hunerd miles a hour.

My high performance mods =>Front lip spoiler, Roof spoiler, Tailgate spoiler, Bitchin non-fuctional hood scoop, Falken Wildebeasts 295/65/17, Red paint on brake calipers, Red Maverick stickers on tailgate, 2 inch radio antennae cut down to 1 inch, Bad Boys Club stickers

Woooheee, I got RED PAINT on my brake calipers.
Your point being?

davidalexispr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT AWD FX4 4KTow
I have been wondering for awhile what folks experience is with the Maverick over 80 mph. I'm a little ashamed to admit it but I occasionally drive at high speeds. It seems to me, that my Maverick hybrid is not really stable at those speeds. Is it my truck? Am I asking for too much or should I just slow down? Inquiring minds want to know.
Well, I do not own a Hybrid but my FX4 at 80+ feels stable enough. It is definitely not Lamborghini stable but it can handle 90+ MPH just fine.

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 and 90 Honda accords
I did a trip from Missouri to Alabama gulf coast in my AWD and the Cruise was set at 85 most of the way. Truck was smooth and got 27mpg average at those speeds.
Sponsored