Sponsored

Does anyone else want front tow hooks on their Maverick?

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No
Sponsored

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
sorry, but the FX4 option is the only way to get the solid frame attachment you desire. there was a few replies here that have seen the video by another member showing the bumper covers off & the frame portion that hold the nut on the end of the hooks does not exist. and since the display in the dash is different w/different modes, bigger fan & radiator cooling, metal skid plates, different wheels/tires and the tow hooks with frame mounting you really want = $800 seems like a really cheap deal :unsure: if you don't want the stickers they can be taken off easily?

mike-m

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ram 1500, Silverado 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a video on youtube showing that you can not add the tow hooks later because there is nothing behind the bumper to attach them to. It bothers me that the bumper looks like SOMTHING belongs there and only a small percentage will get the fx4 package. I think on higher trims there should be fog lights there. Hopefully fog lights will be available in the after market.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You still have Slippery with FX4. You get Mud/Ruts and Sand in place of Sport and Eco.
Yah that post in September was before we had hands on vehicles it was based of the order guide that is still wrong and says. "Rotary Gear Shift Dial Includes Select Drive Modes: Normal, Sport, Mud/Rut, Sand and Tow/Haul"

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The factory FX4 tow hooks are pretty nice but NOT an easy install/removal.

I think if it were me, get a simple uni-body frame hooks for your town strap.

Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’m ordered my Wife an XLT AWD with The Luxury Package, Ford360 and a bunch of other stuff BUT we live in snow country and I like having front tow hooks (they’re on my F-150 STX and other 150’s and Jeep Wranglers I’ve owned ). I’m sure we can get them but it looks like you need to cut the front bumper to do it and that’s not going to look pretty either. What are you thinking and do you think you want/need them too?
Be careful.. those tow hooks are not just there. They are not plug and play. Mr Boom showed in a video that they are reinforced onto the frame, and it did not look like an easy add on.

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m ordered my Wife an XLT AWD with The Luxury Package, Ford360 and a bunch of other stuff BUT we live in snow country and I like having front tow hooks (they’re on my F-150 STX and other 150’s and Jeep Wranglers I’ve owned ). I’m sure we can get them but it looks like you need to cut the front bumper to do it and that’s not going to look pretty either. What are you thinking and do you think you want/need them too?
The tow hooks are missing a piece on the frame to attach them to if the truck doesn't have the FX4 package. Mr. Boom tried doing it to his XLT without the FX4 and couldn't.

OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The tow hooks are missing a piece on the frame to attach them to if the truck doesn't have the FX4 package. Mr. Boom tried doing it to his XLT without the FX4 and couldn't.
I did end up seeing Mr. Boom's video after my post. I'll tell my Wife to NOT slide off the road:) and she does love her new Maverick!!!

Guido

First Name
Guido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
The both FX4 and the Tow package come with front tow hooks that are attached to the front frame. Anything else doesn't come with the frame attachment to mount the hooks to. Youtube has videos on it.

Sponsored

taralon

First Name
Jeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Hybrid
Engine
Undecided
There is one possible way around the issue of missing tow hook mounts, and that is to get a tow flat mount plate installed once they are widely available. At that point you wouldn't have a tow hook, but you'd have a point to mount something to be used as one.

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Surely someone will come out with an aftermarket solution if ford wont, pretty lame that you cant install them on the non fx4.

Motorjunkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 vette, 71Fiat 850, 91 Mercedes 500SL, 2001 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like having front tow hooks. On my 2001 F150, I use them for pulling stuck vehicles out when it hasn't been practical to turn the truck around. But the biggest thing I like is the front hitch I built that slides over the hooks and has a bolt that sandwiches the hitch to the hook. It is great for parking the boat and the camper in tight spots on our property. I doubt the Maverick will be stout enough to try something like that.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
The both FX4 and the Tow package come with front tow hooks that are attached to the front frame. Anything else doesn't come with the frame attachment to mount the hooks to. Youtube has videos on it.
Are you implying that Maverick's optioned with the tow package have the welded on reinforcement anchors that so far we know are only on the FX4 package (Bracket that the end of the hook anchors into). I know Mr Boom showed that they did not exist on his truck but his truck also was not optioned with the tow package from the factory.

MaverickMan39845

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2017 Focus RS, 2017 Ram S
I opted out for the fx4 but so like the looks of the front end with tow hooks!
Sponsored