Sponsored

Do you have buyers remorse?

Did you ever feel some sort of buyers remorse?

• Total voters

CallBall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I waited for 480 days on the dot before I received my Lariat Lux Hybrid. I don’t know if it was worth the wait, but I do love the truck! I’m 6’2” and coming from a 2014 Accord Coupe, so I’m loving not having to practically lay down to fit in my vehicle. Sitting up straight is so nice, plus I can actually see what’s going on up the road a bit, instead of staring into some lifted truck’s tailpipes for my whole commute.

My only real complaints are dealer related, so I don’t count them.
Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We should start an old guys Maverick club- I am just behind you guys.
Sign me up! My hybrid Lariat is 1 year old today, and I'm 82 years old. Ordered it July 5th, 2021, and drove it home March 9th 2022. Love my HPR Chick Magnet!

Larry G

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey 2017 Harley-Davidson Sportser
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Got my Eco XLT after 507 days, and you know, it was well worth the wait!

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Um, just pointing out that most of the folks with buyers remorse have probably already departed this forum for the Santa Cruz forum. Or whatever they bought after trading their Maverick. So this is a cute but completely bogus poll. It's worth about as much as a handful of cat litter.

But I'd guess that most people like their Mavericks. I just checked cars.com for used Mavericks. I see 542 used Mavericks nationwide. I see 442 used Santa Cruz nationwide. Those aren't huge numbers.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sign me up! My hybrid Lariat is 1 year old today, and I'm 82 years old. Ordered it July 5th, 2021, and drove it home March 9th 2022. Love my HPR Chick Magnet!
Had an SV and then a V-strom over the last few years. Now riding a Triumph.

Sponsored

BigShoots920

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had mine for about 6 weeks now after waiting 1 day short of year and I love the truck. Haven't seen any issues with quality, I think the infotainment system is a bit behind and its takes a second to catch up when you start the truck but its a minor annoyance that I'm sure could be upgrading in the future. The door was a real satisfying sound when you slam it. The only thing I wish it had was easy entry/exit that goes along with seat position, I'm a bigger guy so that was always nice but I'm getting use to sliding my way in and out of the truck.

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haven't received my maverick yet but I'm sure I will miss the memory seats and better screen that our 2017 EX-L CR-V had. The Maverick was supposed to be for my wife since she only got 26 mpg schlepping the kids around. We have since picked up the bolt EUV for her and she loves it due to the size of the car and lack of gas station stops. I have since sold my Chevy Volt. I loved the Volts fuel efficiency as I almost never turned on the gas engine but the low ride height was bothering my knees. Been driving a 2013 rx350 Lexus which will become the spare car when I get my Maverick. Looking forward to the heated steering wheel and heated seats on the Maverick! The Lexus doesn't have a heater steering wheel which sucked this winter in CA and the heated seats are terrible.
Never had a truck before so this will be an interesting experience.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love my little truck. And this is coming from a 2019 Ram quad cab sport package. Arguably the best looking Ram they make. Its just way more truck than I needed at this point in my life. I am about 4300 miles in on mine now, and quite a bit of customization. But now I will just continue to drive it and love it.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Back in 1960, I had a BMW R69 Those were the days!
A friend who had BMWs back in the 70s bought an old one last year and really did not like it. They were fun then but don't compare to today's bikes. My Triumph looks like an old Bonny but has ABS and of course fuel injection. Also traction control and the throttle is fly by wire.

Sponsored

bluesteel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice to see some people admit having paid over MSRP and being okay with it. I was $2,600 over, and while I do think the Lariat + FX4 + 4K is overpriced due to the slim amenities on the "base" Lariat and overlap between elements of FX4 & 4K packages, I have no regrets, and that's all that really matters.

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We should start an old guys Maverick club- I am just behind you guys.
You guys are just pups!! :D I'll be 74 in a few months. The Maverick (if I ever get it) will be my 21st FORD since 1967 and my 6th FORD truck. So, no remorse here.

Bigbill27

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I've had mine for almost a month now, and I'm loving it.

But I'm going from a 2011 Nissan Versa, and when adjusted for inflation, I paid almost the exact same amount for my XLT as I paid for that hatchback twelve years ago. I expected the same build quality... and got the same build quality. I think the folks who have been unhappy are those who are expecting a higher end vehicle than what they're buying.
No. The folks unhappy are the ones who have had battery and charging issues since the 780 mile mark and so far no sign of root cause.

brucecorporal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

i'm just fine with my Mav. I did my first trip to the farm and came back into the wind with 500 lbs of cargo in the back-still got just under 30 mpg which is fine considering it was -19C out. Waiting for warmer weather to get the bike into the back and go camping !

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

..... I'd guess that most people like their Mavericks. I just checked cars.com for used Mavericks. I see 542 used Mavericks nationwide. I see 442 used Santa Cruz nationwide. Those aren't huge numbers.
I think the only reason the number of used Mavericks is higher than the SC is because of the number of people who ordered two just to get one, or were speculating on potential profits by reselling them. The SC numbers are most likely people who decided that it's not for them.
Sponsored