Sponsored

Do you have buyers remorse?

Did you ever feel some sort of buyers remorse?

• Total voters

Maverickshudder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are multiple maverick owners having the same issue with the hybrid shuddering. They take to the dealer and they don’t know what the problem is . So until Ford issues a recall your stuck with a truck that Shudders and shakes and stops abruptly.

• Sad
Reactions: bgn

Gschaef

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
QUOTE="RCTEXAS18, post: 532544, member: 21384"]
I picked my Maverick up on Monday afternoon. I really like it, however, the only remorse that I have is that I had to write a big check! I am a saver, so anytime I spend money I have some level of remorse. I have not sold my current truck that I bought new 17 years ago. It just sits there and somehow I feel like I have betrayed her. Does this sound weird to any of you? I know once I sell it and I do not have to look at it sitting there all lonely I will be fine. The Maverick is a great vehicle and really zippy. I real fun truck to drive.
[/QUOTE]
I paid $7K over MSRP for my EcoBoost. I wanted it so bad. My old vehicles were in the shop in early 2022 more than they had ever been and I wanted to go on road trips without worry. And I did. I am 69 years old and my waiting time is limited.

My latest perusal of Autotrader indicates that even EcoBoosts are still selling at a $5-$10K premium over a higher MSRP in my area. So no remorse.

The Ecoboost is the best truck I ever owned. As a youth, I always wanted a MiniCooper S. In my aged and somewhat addled mind, the EcoBoost is a more comfortable MiniCooper that can haul 15 bags of horse feed, and it doesn't leak oil or have Lucas Electric gremlins. Perfect!
I paid $7K over MSRP for my EcoBoost. I wanted it so bad. My old vehicles were in the shop in early 2022 more than they had ever been and I wanted to go on road trips without worry. And I did. I am 69 years old and my waiting time is limited.

My latest perusal of Autotrader indicates that even EcoBoosts are still selling at a $5-$10K premium over a higher MSRP in my area. So no remorse.

The Ecoboost is the best truck I ever owned. As a youth, I always wanted a MiniCooper S. In my aged and somewhat addled mind, the EcoBoost is a more comfortable MiniCooper that can haul 15 bags of horse feed, and it doesn't leak oil or have Lucas Electric gremlins. Perfect!
Similar response here. I was driving a 1994 Ranger XLT extended cab that I purchased new for $16.5K. I loved that truck but it was having recurring problems with smog control and it was getting harder to find parts. I was at the point where I didn’t have confidence for longer trips. I don”t need a lot of truck anymore so I looked at used Rangers and Colorados.

I’m in northern CA and an example of used pricing is a 2019 Ranger crew cab with 78K miles was selling for $28K. Pretty much the same with the Colorado. Paying that would have given me remorse. New Rangers with the options I wanted were $35-40K with Colorados a bit cheaper. Then I read about the Maverick and thought it was just what I wanted and then I found out how hard they were to get. Plus I wanted a hybrid and those were rare and in huge demand in my area.

I had a dealer contact me with a 2022 XLT hybrid with a spray in bed, top of the line tonneau cover and a bed mat. He wanted $9K over MSRP. There other people interested and I offered to pay cash and $7K over MSRP and they accepted. I do not over pay for anything but I wanted this truck and I could afford it. If I was 20 years younger I probably would have passed on it but I also knew I might have to wait up to another two years to get a hybrid delivered. I would not have over paid for a non hybrid. I did have remorse for the extra cost for about a week but that went away. Compared to my old truck, the Maverick felt like a luxury vehicle. My only remorse is I wish I didn’t sell my old Ranger. It was like getting rid of an old friend.

The only complaint I have with the Maverick is the cheap radio and the information screen. But I can live with that.plus the Maverick outperforms on mileage. I get over 40 mpg in town and highway. One other thing is I like to keep my vehicles garaged and the crew cab Ranger and Colorado are about one foot longer than the Maverick and would have been too tight a fit and would have to be parked outside. So that was a bonus. Remorse is determined by circumstance and in this case it doesn’t exist. I really enjoy this truck because it fits my needs.

JEMiculka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid, 22 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve had my 23 Maverick hybrid Lariat Lux for three and a half weeks. I wish it had Sync 4a only because I’m used to it on my wife’s Escape.

Ford Maverick Do you have buyers remorse? A2905979-7A45-47B5-9C1B-300F2CDC575A

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The Ecoboost is the best truck I ever owned. As a youth, I always wanted a MiniCooper S. In my aged and somewhat addled mind, the EcoBoost is a more comfortable MiniCooper that can haul 15 bags of horse feed, and it doesn't leak oil or have Lucas Electric gremlins. Perfect!.
I guess the Maverick can be considered the mini of the day but I'm not sure the fun factor is the same. Also not sure a Maverick could win the Monte Carlo Rallye. But you're right, no skrool seal on the Maverick and my driveway appreciates that.

Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess the Maverick can be considered the mini of the day but I'm not sure the fun factor is the same. Also not sure a Maverick could win the Monte Carlo Rallye. But you're right, no skrool seal on the Maverick and my driveway appreciates that.
At my age the fun factor threshold is much lower. No more Monte Carlo Rallye for me. I'm just having a ball going to Best Buy.

Jnc8675309

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jennie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’m annoyed that things I ordered were dropped for production times. I got the 23 lariat with the lariat luxury package. When my truck arrived it did not have co-pilot assist (only 360) , a bed liner and I got the wrong bed cover. Thinking about selling back to the dealer and placing a 24 order.
Sponsored