Sponsored

What Aftermarket Accessory Do You Think Every Maverick should have?

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Having installed the tailgate assist I will give everyone this tip:

Save yourself a lot of grief getting the locking cam nut into the tailgate by REMOVING the blue stuff from the threads. Even go so far as lubricate the bolt threads. If it's "locktite" you probably don't need it, and if it is, use your own that has not already set-up.

The blue on the threads PREVENTS you from holding the nut steady at 90 degrees and you MUST do this.
Sponsored

Lordran_Hollow

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 86 860 Edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you have a link for that remote start? I tried a Google search and came up empty. I’m sure others without the Lux package would appreciate it as well.
The CompuStar DC3 paired with its companion harness ADS-THR-FM8 is an aftermarket plug and play that gives you remote start and security. Your regular key fob gains the ability to remote start the vehicle (press Lock 3x, or it can be configured for pressing Lock-Unlock-Lock).

I'm planning on getting the DC3 added to mine, you can cobble together the components for a little over $108, the harness can be acquired for a penny if you go into Best Buy and request to purchase it along with SKU 4081923 (t-harness bundle SKU). The DC3 will need to be flashed and you do require a module to interface with it via your phone or computer. Depending on the technician, your local Best Buy that does car installations may be willing to flash it for you if you bring it in. Otherwise you can buy the interface (ADS USB Weblink Updater) for like $57 and then install the Weblink desktop application (does not require a dealer log in).

Installation is criminally easy, I have full confidence that anyone here reading this could install the DC3 themselves after they program it. It's 100% full plug and play, you can't mess it up. You just need to make sure to zip tie the brain in a location where it or the harness won't impede your feet from operating the vehicle.

I'm a technician who installs these for a living, so if you do decide to take it upon yourself and install it and have any questions, I'm all ears.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Some way to protect the Cat-converter. It's an absolute epidemic where I live.
This has been on my mind a lot too. (Bay area, CA)

Do you know what "Air Tabs" are on semi trucks? Side skirts that add aerodynamics. I'm thinking if I "lower" the sides no one will be able to crawl under. Or like someone else said lower the whole truck! Seems hard to protect without taking extreme measures. For every YouTube video showing how to put security devices on, there's two videos showing you how to take them off.

I was thinking about parking on speed bumps. Again to close the space under the truck. Would work while parking at home.
Ford Maverick What Aftermarket Accessory Do You Think Every Maverick should have? 1C5F1D61-50D7-4E18-BF72-244C5259DA02

Fiesta_Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The CompuStar DC3 paired with its companion harness ADS-THR-FM8 is an aftermarket plug and play that gives you remote start and security. Your regular key fob gains the ability to remote start the vehicle (press Lock 3x, or it can be configured for pressing Lock-Unlock-Lock).

I'm planning on getting the DC3 added to mine, you can cobble together the components for a little over $108, the harness can be acquired for a penny if you go into Best Buy and request to purchase it along with SKU 4081923 (t-harness bundle SKU). The DC3 will need to be flashed and you do require a module to interface with it via your phone or computer. Depending on the technician, your local Best Buy that does car installations may be willing to flash it for you if you bring it in. Otherwise you can buy the interface (ADS USB Weblink Updater) for like $57 and then install the Weblink desktop application (does not require a dealer log in).

Installation is criminally easy, I have full confidence that anyone here reading this could install the DC3 themselves after they program it. It's 100% full plug and play, you can't mess it up. You just need to make sure to zip tie the brain in a location where it or the harness won't impede your feet from operating the vehicle.

I'm a technician who installs these for a living, so if you do decide to take it upon yourself and install it and have any questions, I'm all ears.
Thank you!

Sponsored

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ratchet strap and bungee cords. Also, don't wait until you need them.

maverick33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whether it's something as popular as a dash cam or maybe even just a certain mudflap, what would you recommend for a new Maverick owner?

I just received my Maverick and was curious about any recommendations, even if it's just purely cosmetic!
Here is a few upgrades I added, tail gate damper also lettering, bug deflector, bumper stop.

Ford Maverick What Aftermarket Accessory Do You Think Every Maverick should have? thumbnail-6

Ford Maverick What Aftermarket Accessory Do You Think Every Maverick should have? thumbnail-11

Jim Paradise

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverrick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
window tint, all-weather mats, speaker upgrades, wireless carplay adapter, and spray in bed liner for my dirt bike
I just added after-market mud flaps to my Maverick. Took them off my original build order because it would not have gotten built - Ford did not have any mud flaps.

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wireless CarPlay or Android Auto.