Sponsored

Do you have buyers remorse?

Did you ever feel some sort of buyers remorse?

• Total voters

BoskoPColtrane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bosko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So far I love my truck, XLT with Lux Package, moon roof, rear sliding window. I’m not real happy with a few items that I need to fix already, which goes back to poor assembly. The driver side visor attachment is really loose, and some of the molding is not covering up the roof liner, exposing the rough edges on both the passenger and driver side. Not sure how that happens.
Sponsored

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My only remorse is not ordering 3 or 4 hybrids to flip when they first came out. :LOL:

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No radio or camera issues on mine. Maybe it needs some system updating? Or maybe I'm just lucky so far.
I think the main problem with the infotainment screen is the lack of processor power. Hey Ford, they invented 64 bit processor chips 40 years ago. Throw out those old 8 and 16 bit processors. It reminds me of a laptop I once had. It had a fast i5 processor(for the day) but the video graphics could not keep up. I did the lastest infotainment update. It simply changed things that now don't work, which used to work. At first after the update, Android Auto worked much better, now it has new problems which it didn't have before. Oh well.

Captain Blackheart

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4, 1968 Ranchero
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Zero buyer's remorse. My delayed order did create two niggling issues with me; a reduced value on my trade-in, and ugly interest rates. Both survivable.

My Cyber Orange Maverick XLT FX4 is a joy to drive, the 2.0 is a helluva lot more powerful than the 1.5 in my outgoing 2019 Escape while still averaging better gas mileage. I lost a few luxury goodies but gained a lot of versatility. Sure, it doesn't have all of the "soft touch" interior pieces of my Escape, but I don't devote any time to running my hands over the dashboard and door panels just to feel some kind of softness.

While there is more plastic in the interior, I'm not experiencing scratch issues like some owners have complained about, this despite having a very rambunctious rat terrier dashing around the cabin. The seats are plenty supportive (I'm 5'10", 160 lbs) and everything is as adjustable as I need.

And while some folks might decry a lack of luxury refinements compared to other vehicles, my other toy is a 1968 Ranchero. The Maverick is as refined as a Lincoln in comparison. 😁

Skysail118

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat 1st Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I 've had my Maverick Lariat 1st Edition almost a year. All Good so far, no problems whatsoever. Most of all I love my average 41 mpg.

Sponsored

ajpetix

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
A.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love mine, but like a lot of people here I really wish the stereo just had a slightly more responsive stereo. The Sync 3/Sync 4 mod is very tempting and after my warranty runs out I'll probably make the investment in the parts and tools needed to upgrade it. Just a shame there wasn't even an option for a faster/more powerful computer for the stereo. I'd have gladly paid an extra $250 or $500 for it in the build.

Aaron F

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Lux w/ 4k and BAP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have buyers remorse, but I do have a few nitpics. I originally wanted to order a hybrid, but missed the order window by a day. By all reports on forums, I thought the EB would have great gas mileage too, but I'm only averaging 23 if I'm lucky so far. I wanted most of the bells and whistles, so I got the Lariat Lux, 4k with BAP and copilot 360 without ever being able to see or sit in one, because the dealerships wouldn't even let you see one that came in on order (I called half a dozen local multiple times). I did not know there were 2 versions of the copilot 360, so I missed out on ordering the assist package with adaptive cruise, which I was actually looking forward to after driving an f150 with it. The interior, for being a lux package is a bit lackluster in materials. The B&O upgraded sound isn't that great.... and a 6x9 isn't a what I expected for a "powered sub." I also agree with others that the infotainment system is lagging behind other vehicles and isn't always responsive. Also, you'd think it would make sense to get wireless android/apple play with the wireless charging system. Ambient lighting is missing in the console/cupholder area. You can't see anything down there at night without adding a USB LED light. So, all in all, I like it.... but I don't love it like I thought I would.

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not a bit of buyer's remorse! It's a great truck.

I wish the drive mode would not always revert back to "NORMAL" once the engine turns off. I like driving in ECO (to save on gas) and too often forget to put it in ECO before driving.

I also think that the truck's electronic driver-assistance features should have been field-tested more extensively by Ford. For example, my truck's lane change alert-aid programming only works when it wants to (it's constantly turning on and off while driving).

Finally, (a) I either got faulty 12v battery (mine needed replacing at 4700 miles, as it was found by the dealer to be way below required voltage), or (b) there's an issue with the truck's 12v battery charging system. This battery issue caused problems with interior lighting and with the doors' intelligent-access.

MYBRID23

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great post and reinforces what I always say. It is YOUR money, so spend it like you wish and can afford. I made 76 Tuesday and have bought two Mavericks. I was a bit more fortunate to get my EB for $3K over and more fortunate to get my wife's Hybrid for $2,500 over, but would do it all over again. My Lariat Hybrid is due at end of month, having already shipped, and I am delivering my 6 month old EB with 4,500 mi on it, this afternoon. I sold it to a dealer for $3,400 over msrp, so dang it, I only made $400. Yes, I actually lost money due to TTL, but would do it all over again.

Continue to enjoy your Maverick. I have owned many trucks over the years, and the Maverick is by far my favorite.
Gentlemen, I can also state that I have zero regret in purchasing this vehicle for a little over MSRP. Although I may have some more waiting days l, you hit the right to the point: Life is short. It's a delicate balance between living and saving for a day that may never come. Love my MAV and it fit my niche perfectly.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Best vehicle I’ve ever owned. I put in my order, waited about 500 days and got it for the original MSRP. Paid cash so I’m quite happy with my retirement vehicle. Should be my last vehicle transaction ever.
So glad you're enjoying your Maverick! Thank you for being part of the Ford Family.

Sponsored

BruceK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cruze, 1964 Mercury, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for making such a great vehicle. :)

Maverickshudder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2022 Ford Maverick 1sr edition Going to trade in truck shaking /shuddering 24,000 miles had wheels balanced and alien . Brakes grab when inching up at light . Time to trade in buyer’s remorse

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2022 Ford Maverick 1sr edition Going to trade in truck shaking /shuddering 24,000 miles had wheels balanced and alien . Brakes grab when inching up at light . Time to trade in buyer’s remorse
More like time to get warranty service.

Jim Paradise

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverrick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey everyone!

I always see how much people love their mavericks regardless of the long wait time. A common thing said on here is, “it was worth the wait” even with people waiting 500+ days. I haven’t received my maverick yet but I’m beyond excited and I’m sure I will love it.

What are somethings that you wish were different that would make you love the maverick even more? Please don’t say “I wish I didn’t wait X amount of time” or “fords production process”. We all hate it lol
I waited 8 months June 2021 to February 2022. But I absolutely love my Maverick. And I know Ford could have kept me in the loop better. I used to work IT for GM and they ahve the computers that could ahve kept me informed every step of the way. Maybe Ford just consideredc me a nuisance factor. I am not a nuisance. I am a PAYING Customer!

Retired

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid, 2012 focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm only 2 weeks in and loving it. I knew what to expect thanks to many YouTube video reviews. The extremely long wait was worth now that I'm driving it. My only complaint is that I need better weather to put the tailgate letters and mudflaps on.
Sponsored