nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm actually really impressed with the lane centering, for my commute it is honestly as good as autopilot on my model 3, might actually be a bit better in a construction zone where I'd get a bit of ping pong in the model 3. ACC is pretty aggressive at getting back up to the set speed, but I haven't tried driving in anything but normal mode.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
baaron

baaron

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How did the parts turn out when you got them?
I ordered 5x LU2Z-14474-AA and I can confirm they are the correct part number for fitting additional pins into the IPMA connector above the rearview mirror. They come with a pre-crimped pigtail (~10ish inches of wire), a ferrule (if crimping instead of soldering I guess), and a dual wall heat shrink tube. The Motorcraft dual wall heat shrink tube is pretty slick, when you heat it sufficiently an inner layer of waterproof adhesive melts and seals everything together.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got this installed yesterday, had a few issues with the coding on my XL. Ended up restoring my backups and borrowed a lariat lux to look at the code. Everything is working with no DTC's.

For anyone doing it to an XL, our grill is a single piece so you'll either need to cut the grill or buy the light bar thing to use the Lariat lux grill (I ended up cutting mine and seeing if I can order the light bar)
Pics please?

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL, Ecoboost w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered 5x LU2Z-14474-AA and I can confirm they are the correct part number for fitting additional pins into the IPMA connector above the rearview mirror. They come with a pre-crimped pigtail (~10ish inches of wire), a ferrule (if crimping instead of soldering I guess), and a dual wall heat shrink tube. The Motorcraft dual wall heat shrink tube is pretty slick, when you heat it sufficiently an inner layer of waterproof adhesive melts and seals everything together.
I finally picked up the WT-1038 part number. It is indeed the same as the LU2Z-14474-AA. It came individually and with the same stuff you received. So both of these part numbers will work for the terminals.

Unfortunately I hit a snag with using a C-CM from a different vehicle as I cannot get the firmware through normal means. I will be ordering the Maverick one and installing that one so I can finish my install on an Ecoboost XL. Been dying to get it going, but the maverick seems to like being in the shop more than driving, plus I have been needing to travel for work a lot recently.

Sponsored

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have TSR working but I've been unable to get intelligent ACC working. I am able to program all the necessary changes, I can select it from the menu, but I get an error in the cluster, something like "unable to read speed".

I used the settings from the Escape threads, are there additional settings for the Mav?
I'm in the exact same spot.
- TSR is on and working
- IACC is 'enabled' in all of the menus

However, the minute I try to set the cruise, I get the error message you're talking about.

Did you ever figure this out?

OP
OP
baaron

baaron

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
- TSR is on and working

However, the minute I try to set the cruise, I get the error message you're talking about.

I have not figured it out.

nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
- TSR is on and working

I have iACC working on mine using the camera/gps fusion, but I also added sync4 and it's using the map data to the best of my knowledge.

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have iACC working on mine using the camera/gps fusion, but I also added sync4 and it's using the map data to the best of my knowledge.
These are the settings for using map data with TSR and in turn IACC.

Config 1 without Navigation system
IPMA
706-01-01
xxxx-xxD2-xxxxx

This enables the speed sign scanning processing in the image processing module. This is what is used on all TSR mods on the Maverick with the stock APIM(s) since none come with navigation.

Config 2 with Navigation system
IPMA
706-01-01
xxxx-xxDB-xxxxx

This will enable the system to also use the Nav system for TSR if installed on the APIM for posted speeds.

nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

IPMA
706-01-01
xxxx-xxD2-xxxxx

This enables the speed sign scanning processing in the image processing module. This is what is used on all TSR mods on the Maverick with the stock APIM(s) since none come with navigation.

IPMA
706-01-01
xxxx-xxDB-xxxxx

This will enable the system to also use the Nav system for TSR if installed on the APIM for posted speeds.
I'll try this tomorrow, I was setting it to D3 not D2 and getting DTCs

mavmavmav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Hypothetically - would it be possible to enable ACC without installing the radar just to get lane centering on an XLT Lux with CP360? Essentially ACC 0.5. Maybe utilize the camera for lane centering and "trick" the Mav computer into thinking there is never a car in front?

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does your Sync 4 include navigation?

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

IPMA
706-01-01
xxxx-xxD2-xxxxx

IPMA
706-01-01
xxxx-xxDB-xxxxx

I feel like i've set this before, but it's been a while. I'll revisit later this week.

@Maverick2022XL , do you know for certain that this works? Like you have it installed, and working, on your truck or on someone elses? I've been fiddling with this for a couple months now and just haven't been able to crack it yet. Also, I haven't seen anyone claim to get it to work either. @nickn066 may be the exception since he also installed SYNC 4.
Sponsored