First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cranky members, here? No way! You must be thinking of that "other" forum.
Wait...what? There are other forums? How would I have time? I am already here 16 hours a day. :oops:
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

whitebear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022
Same issue here. Tightened to spec, followed the instructions and it popped out. Have re-installed it, lets see if it stays. Would recommend to look at some youtube videos mentioned here before as the included instructions are garbage.

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Disappointed in tailgate assist. 1647739128317

My kids are so excited by the truck that they constantly open the tailgate to jump around in the back. I'm happy with the assist, because I know they won't get bonked on the head by it.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
I had the same problem the first couple of times I tried to install it. Finally after the third attempt I was able to align the nut properly and tighten it down with the bolt securely.

Going on three months now and no issue with it popping out of the tailgate but it was a PITA for sure especially with the excessive amount of thread lock applied on the bolt.

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was going to get one of these, but after playing with the tailgate at the car show I concluded it was just one more thing to break. Really sorry to hear people are having trouble with them. It's a nice feature if it works.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have thought about getting this tailgate assist but I really don't want to lose that bottle opener/tie down point. If Ford could make one like the one I have on my F150 where it replaces the hinge point I would definitely get it.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks! I’m going to start using this for the cranky members who don’t want to add constructive comments.
Im super careful with ignoring members. I feel most people can be constructive at some point. That said, I have 1 person on my ignore list.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was going to get one of these, but after playing with the tailgate at the car show I concluded it was just one more thing to break. Really sorry to hear people are having trouble with them. It's a nice feature if it works.
I purchased one and its waiting for my truck. But I may not install it after all. I'll have to see if its really necessary.

Sponsored

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I purchased one and its waiting for my truck. But I may not install it after all. I'll have to see if its really necessary.
I really like mine now that it works correctly. The problem I had was the tailgate cable was getting in the way of closing the tailgate. I discovered the metal piece on the cable was bent from the factory. I used my neighbor’s vise and hammer and straightened it. Now it works like a charm!

DarkStormy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
HELP! This was the third video I watched and the one I like the best. I just got my assist installed today so I don’t know if I’m going to have the same issue but I did forget to install the tailgate fasteners. Would this have anything to do with it? My issue was not being able to close the tailgate without physically moving the cable☹

35F7E9FB-F563-4E3C-88C0-3EA8128E4932.jpeg

1592157D-3CCC-4A74-B437-5226ADA68EC7.jpeg

FFB6A5D2-B821-4C75-82D8-B355C46A7C55.jpeg
The top of your cable needs to be bend back a little, put it into a vice and gently tap it with a hammer until it is completely straight.
Those 2 clips in your last picture are spares, they go into the holes on the end of the little shock absorber.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The tailgate isn't particularly heavy so I don't see it as a must have. My old toyota had a manual gate and it's not really a big deal.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The tailgate isn't particularly heavy so I don't see it as a must have. My old toyota had a manual gate and it's not really a big deal.
Yeah. Early on I was thinking it would be good if my arms are full of things. But as time goes on, I'm thinking that is a very rare occurrence. IDK. I have one, spent $50 for it, I'm not handy with the DIY stuff, so I'd have to have someone install it for me, so there's more $$. ...

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The top of your cable needs to be bend back a little, put it into a vice and gently tap it with a hammer until it is completely straight.
Those 2 clips in your last picture are spares, they go into the holes on the end of the little shock absorber.
Thanks! That is exactly what I did yesterday afternoon after I realized that part was bent! Can’t figure out how it arrived from the factory with a bent plate🤔 i’m very happy with it now!
Sponsored